Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

250 Auto Real World Fuel Consumption

Hi,

According to the on-board display on my 250 auto, I have averaged 26.5 mpg overall after almost 20,000 miles - around 75% town driving in and around London

Did manage 27.5mpg overall at one point

Tank average has shown between 25mpg and 28mpg

Not done any calculations myself

But an improvement from my previous car (330Ci) which only managed 19.5mpg!!

Yes, I managed 35-38mpg on a long motorway trip with cruise control at 70-75mph

But these trips are very rare for me... usually stuck in London traffic!!

I also have the optional 18 inch wheels which I am sure affects the fuel consumption?

Hi,

According to the on-board display on my 250 auto, I have averaged 26.5 mpg overall after almost 20,000 miles - around 75% town driving in and around London

Did manage 27.5mpg overall at one point

Tank average has shown between 25mpg and 28mpg

Not done any calculations myself

But an improvement from my previous car (330Ci) which only managed 19.5mpg!!

sounds pretty good to me with the overall milage :)

Yes, I managed 35-38mpg on a long motorway trip with cruise control at 70-75mph

But these trips are very rare for me... usually stuck in London traffic!!

I also have the optional 18 inch wheels which I am sure affects the fuel consumption?

cant see 18" wheels making any changes in fuel consumption :)

I am getting 32 to 34 average on mine. But be warned when i was at home over Xmas and most of January then I was getting 22 just driving short jorneys around town ( I wasn't suprised at this as it's trying to warm up most of the time ).

Both my IS250 autos have settled down to 29.6 mpg average over time. It bugs me actually because I just can't quite get it to average 30mpg.

Mine is much the same at present, but I expect it to improve somewhat as the weather improves and I do longer runs in the summer. You have to be wary of the in-car computer. According to it, I am getting 31.2 mpg. The real figure is about 5% less - see below.

Best I've had is 48 on a run along the back roads from Thetford to Peterborough. On a motorway trip, I'm told it's doing 40. Driving around town/short trips etc, it's in the early 30s.

I consistently average 35mpg per tank (according to the computer - so less in reality I guess).

My daily 50 mile roundtrip commute consists of:

1. 4 miles on country lanes (through one village on the way) averaging about 35mph

2. 20 miles on free flowing dual carriage way at around 70mph

3. 1 mile crawl into a city (this bit can take up to 10 minutes)

and back again in the evening.

I'm pretty impressed with this as my old 2.0 litre Honda Accord was actually slightly worse than this.

Currently running around in a 250 SE whilst the oil burner is in for repair....

Showing up 29.7 on average and 30.2 on tank... Quite impressed as as the 220 d is showing 34.6 average...

So do the sums 5mpg gain with diesel but a 9ppl difference.

Also the 30.2 in the 250 has been gained with urban, motorway and a few bursts to see how the car performs.... :)

it's why I keep banging on about how pointless the 220d really is

Am listening and want to join the Jamboo club..... Jamboo you Got it spot on.....

:driving: Floor the throttle, gears kick down then the sound of the engine above 4000rpm.... :D

it's why I keep banging on about how pointless the 220d really is

Am listening and want to join the Jamboo club..... Jamboo you Got it spot on.....

:driving: Floor the throttle, gears kick down then the sound of the engine above 4000rpm.... :D

:winky:

The Adrenaline rush when you have to overtake and all 295lb's of torque are delivered is what keeps me sane - it's the one really endearing and evil side of the 220d which makes it fun.

For a 2.5 litre petrol engine I think it does pretty well, but mpg performance is directly linked to the weight and use of your right foot. Mine's ranged from 23 mpg average to mid forties...the lower figure on twisty 'A' and 'B' roads using the paddles and the higher end on a 100 mile all M-Way with cruise set at 75 mph. Not sure what the point of the discussion is as every trip has its own unique variations that alter the mpg figure. What's 'Real World Fuel Consumption' mean...and btw who cares..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links