Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hids4u

Rich OB

Another thread you sigh about HIDs!

Well this one is just to say anyone thinking of buying a set should not hesitate!

I used to have Xenon's on my ST and since i had the IS the lights in comparison are like candles!

Anyway i went for the HIDS4U set and for £99 you cannot go wrong, amazing improvement!

I fitted them today and it really is so so simple, 30 min job.

The link is below to the set i bought (6000k) incase anyone is interested, yes there is many sets on fleabay but i thought i would go mid range and get from

someone who deals in them everyday and have someone to go back to if anything went wrong, you also get very well documented instructions, very quick

delivery too! HIDS4U recommended.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/product.php?...t=18&page=1

I'm off to try them in the dark!

I've been in the market for a set for a couple of weeks now. Just couldn't decided who to go for! Many sellers say 3 years warranty - but that's only on the ballasts!

I was reading the wording from these guys and it seems to be 2 years on the whole kit (ie. including the bulbs). If so I'll get some 8000k ones from them.

I wonder how they fair against the £120 ones from these guys:

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-products.html

"Unlike the H4-3 telescopic type H4 bulb this bulb has two true Xenon bulbs in one lamp."!! - Just realised this is only for H4 bulbs, the IS200 needs HB4/9006.

Hmm, sounds good as i am also looking for some HID's when i eventually get home from the middle east.

I was wondering how much was postage or is that included in the price?

It will be nominal, I'd budget for £10 recorded.

Mine only cost £60 odd. Not fitted quite yet (lazy and had stereo to do!) but plugged then in an the work fine, look great.

Some eBay prices are down to £40ish, thou i can't vouch for their quality, as long as they work, at that price is a deal!

EVERYONE i have heard from who has HIDs swears by them. It really is a must have mod!

Ive got the HID4U kit...very good and well worth the upgrade...mine are 6000 K wouldnt want to go any higher as would be to blue and dont think the old bill would like it to much..

Stav, no i don't work for em, Lol! Its just nice when you recieve something which does what it says on the tin you know!

The postage was £5 so all in £105 but they're currently on sale were £149.

I agree with dazz32 that 8000k would be very blue, its tempting to go for the higher K simply cos you think they'll look better but the 6000k is spot on, like factory plus when you go up the scale you start losing the benefit of the kit in the first place, the brighter light.

I'm thinking of putting a set in the front fogs too even though i know they'll be useless in fog, seen someone on here with them looks good. Will do it when i fit my TTE bumper i've had sitting for a year!

I bought some of these 2 or 3 months back...

eBay # 170224663984

The parts look identical to some of the more expensive kits and I am very happy with the performance. I went for the 6000k set and they look great. My main beam looks REALLY yellow in comparison!

I bought some of these 2 or 3 months back...

ebay # 170224663984

The parts look identical to some of the more expensive kits and I am very happy with the performance. I went for the 6000k set and they look great. My main beam looks REALLY yellow in comparison!

I have been thinking about buying the same set with the 6000K bulbs, was a lil unsure as they are so cheap. Did you have to pay any extra charges? I know the seller states they will mark it as a gift but don't know how well that method works...

Yep, got away with it. The shipping documents attached to the packaging included a letter thanking me for my help and offering me this 'gift' in return lol

I wasn't so lucky with my GROM iPod adapter... b*st*rds!

I know what you mean, I was a little sceptical too with them being so cheap but following recommendations from members who had bought similar, I decided to go for it.

Only 'issue' was that one wire that connects to the ballasts has to be unplugged and turned over to work on the Lexus. Hardly a big job and luckily I'd also read about that here.

Yep, got away with it. The shipping documents attached to the packaging included a letter thanking me for my help and offering me this 'gift' in return lol

I wasn't so lucky with my GROM iPod adapter... b*st*rds!

I know what you mean, I was a little sceptical too with them being so cheap but following recommendations from members who had bought similar, I decided to go for it.

Only 'issue' was that one wire that connects to the ballasts has to be unplugged and turned over to work on the Lexus. Hardly a big job and luckily I'd also read about that here.

I think i will go ahead and buy a set as it sounds like a bargain... I like the part that they sent you a thank you letter lol. Thanks for the heads up on the wire that needs to be turned over i will see if i can get some info on that.

Cant wait now as I love the HID look!

I decided to buy some xenons and bought the ones of eBay that say they use 5th Generation ballasts (must admit thought there were only 4 gens atm) and they come in less than HIDS4U delivered. The kit comes in a case and the kit seems good quality. Also i found it all a doddle to fit. Again remember to plug the positive wire into the negative terminal on the ballast to make it work.

Hope that helps

I came across the 5th gen ones i was tempted to go for them as the seller was from the UK but i then opted for the cheaper ones from the US. Hopefully they should be a doddle to fit too, least i know to swap the wire as i would have been disappointed when they would not have worked!

I decided to buy some xenons and bought the ones of Ebay that say they use 5th Generation ballasts (must admit thought there were only 4 gens atm) and they come in less than HIDS4U delivered. The kit comes in a case and the kit seems good quality. Also i found it all a doddle to fit. Again remember to plug the positive wire into the negative terminal on the ballast to make it work.

Hope that helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links