Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3g Iphone Announcement

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, about time too........are there any other changes? Bluetooth stereo support would be the other thing I'd want before I'd consider one.......

How much are they going to cost?

there are lots of rumours floating around from subsidised handsets for free provided you take an O2 contract, to 100 quid for a handset to kickstart sales..5MP cam, GPS, these are all possibilities..

there are lots of rumours floating around from subsidised handsets for free provided you take an O2 contract, to 100 quid for a handset to kickstart sales..5MP cam, GPS, these are all possibilities..

Hmm, that's definitely starting to get me a little interested..........if the stuff floating around is true then at least it's starting to become a real competitor.

Just hope they've fixed the UI a bit, remember playing with one a while back and it had some really irritating problems.......

i have one of the 2g iphones. once unlocked its an awesome bit of kit, the cameras disapointing but the screen and the UI are simply stunning, really looking forward to the new one, as soon as they crack it wide open.

You are utterly missing the point.

3G is the LAST reason to be buying the Iphone 2. 3G has been and always will be crap. I know - I build the networks.

Those choosing not to buy Iphone 1 due to lack of 3G have shot themselves in the foot, but that's another story.

The reason to get the Iphone 2 is because - as you will discover on Monday - it is just about to become the world's first successful truly mobile computing platform.

You will be able to download thousands upon thousands of apps and games direct to your phone via iTunes. Along with 3G it will have lots of other good stuff that will get you salivating.

The Iphone is currently only available in 6 countries (legally) - it about to become available in over 70.

N95? N96? Windows mobile? lol

Just wait and see apple decimate the mobile market as it already started to do with Iphone 1.

Iphone was just a ripple, Iphone 2 will be a tsunami.

PS Apple's plan all along is to get people buying iPhones, iPhones, iPhones - but they are not selling you a phone they are selling you a Mac. Genius.

All will be clear Monday evening... :)

To be honest out of all the apps out there for the jailbroken iPhones all I was interested was MobileScrobbler which I think is a fantastic bit of kit!

I was impressed by what usage I've had so far of HSDPA though, unfortunately at the moment I'm limited to Internet access outside of work to just Vodafone GPRS, and to be honest any higher speed connection would be a Godsend!

I'm looking forward to seeing what will be announced, the existing handsets are goin to need a firmware update to sort out access to the apps store and from what I saw on the ziphone side of things the unlock / jailbreak isn't far behind for v2.

Ive been reasonably impressed by my current Iphone, one or two things could do with changing though. Like not message forwarding.

The patchy EDGE coverage offered by 02 is just shocking so thats another major issue.

However, I can unlock iPhones so should the new one be at a good price, mine will soon be on eBay :D making way for its successor.

Just wait and see Apple decimate the mobile market as it already started to do with iPhone 1.

Where are the sales figures in the UK to support your statement?

Hmmmm as much as im an apple fan, the handset has hardly set the world a light. The handset just isn't high spec'd enough. You have to remember the N95 Black is a much higher spec phone and available free. apple and 02 in the UK did initially struggle to sell the handset. This LED to better tariff proposition from 02 and later on we had the price drop.

All I can say is, apple get you're thinking hats on as the N96 is only round the corner and is much more flexible than the Iphone is likely to be for a long time. I mean what phoen only has the choice of 9 message tones with no ability to change to a custom message tone..... very lame!

It didn't come near to start decimating the UK market and I'm not really surprised. Mine went on eBay.

Hope the new version it is a lot better as there are a lot of things I liked about it. I'll probably get one and see for an informed opinion.

I'm sorry but the Iphone hasn't set anything alight - the next one might but let's try not to get ahead of ourselves just yet............

Yes the last Iphone was a fantastic toy, very stylish and slick, but as a device I found it seriously flawed everytime I used one which would get annoying long term. As Geoffers said, there's loads of good things about it, but equally loads of really fundamental bad points - my N95 does everything I need it to do brilliantly well, ok not quite as much of a fashion accessory but it was free on a 12 month contract!

That will always be the iPhone's biggest problem - only really fashion conscious people will pay £300 for it on an 18month contract!

Mine only cost 50 quid :P

I don't text anywhere near as much as I used to - I could speed text on the k850 and would send loads when I was drunk, since I've had this its just too much work when I've had a few so it stays firmly in my pocket!

SMS hadling on this is worse than my Nokia 5.1 that I had, the messaging interface is inspired the way conversations are organised but technically its terrible. No MMS, no business card support and no forwarding.

The email handling is one thousand times better than SMS!

I don't text anywhere near as much as I used to - I could speed text on the k850 and would send loads when I was drunk, since I've had this its just too much work when I've had a few so it stays firmly in my pocket!

SMS hadling on this is worse than my Nokia 5.1 that I had, the messaging interface is inspired the way conversations are organised but technically its terrible. No MMS, no business card support and no forwarding.

Lol @ the when drunk comment, at least that would've saved you a few quid! :lol:

The email handling was one of the things that seemed quite messy when I played with a mates, is the SMS even worse?

pah to iphones!! i got bored with mine and got rid. didn't like it on several counts really.

waiting eagerly for the Xperia X1 which is by far and away miles above the rest of the market competition IMHO!! Its packed with anything and everything and i'm sure it will leave the Iphone behind when its released.

Lol @ the when drunk comment, at least that would've saved you a few quid! :lol:

I think he's more relieved about the reduction in abuse he gets the next day.... :whistling: :shutit:

Those choosing not to buy iPhone 1 due to lack of 3G have shot themselves in the foot, but that's another story.

The reason to get the iPhone 2 is because - as you will discover on Monday - it is just about to become the world's first successful truly mobile computing platform.

N95? N96? Windows mobile? lol

Just wait and see Apple decimate the mobile market as it already started to do with iPhone 1.

When the Iphone was released last year, eager consumers waited on line for days to get a crack at buying one of the first ones. A year later, apple says it's sold over 5 million iPhones.

That pales in comparison with competitors. Windows Mobile, which provides software for phones from HTC, Samsung, Palm and others, says it will sell 20 million phones this year.

About 1 billion cellphones are sold every year. No. 1 manufacturer Nokia, for instance, sells more cellphones in a week than apple has shipped to date. According to researcher Gartner, Nokia sold 435 million cellphones in 2007. Munster says the "real verdict" on the iPhone's success hasn't been reached. "The numbers are too small to call a home run."

Source: USA Today Article 9th June 2008 iphone article

hehe keep talking iPhone doubters!

your eyes will be opened tonight!

:)

I always have my eyes open mate :P

Look, everyone said this when the first Iphone came out, and that wasn't anything really special, just a cool touch interface but the rest was old school tech.......how about we just hold on and wait at what this new one offers :)

hehe keep talking iPhone doubters!

your eyes will be opened tonight!

:)

Remembering back to other Iphone threads it seems you are still on commission from apple. I would change jobs mate as you can't be earning much :tomato:

I'm sorry but the iPhone hasn't set anything alight - the next one might but let's try not to get ahead of ourselves just yet............

Yes the last iphone was a fantastic toy, very stylish and slick, but as a device I found it seriously flawed everytime I used one which would get annoying long term. As Geoffers said, there's loads of good things about it, but equally loads of really fundamental bad points - my N95 does everything I need it to do brilliantly well, ok not quite as much of a fashion accessory but it was free on a 12 month contract!

That will always be the iPhone's biggest problem - only really fashion conscious people will pay £300 for it on an 18month contract!

i hear what your saying, however considering that it only cost slightly more than an ipod touch then i dont think its that bad tbh. of course it is expensive if you only want it as phone though.

Actually, thinking about it would be nice if they just released a 'nano' like version with just phone features at a much reduced price.

For those randomly comparing Iphone sales with Nokia and WM and the like - umm think for a minute.

How long have Nokia been making phones and distributing GLOBALLY?

Iphone is available in SIX countries only (for a few more hours...) and for what - a year?

WM is an utter flop - only 20M phones?? That is utterly pathetic for a global distribution.

apple will top 10M in 2008 easily with ONE phone. WM is on countless models!!

apple make a huge amount of money on their phones and revenue sharing than Nokia do on their feeble efforts.

How sad for Nokia to build its flagship model and have to give it away as a free upgrade as no one would pay their hard-earned cash for it.

apple has the luxury of being able to drop its prices whenever it wants to. But why bother? People are buying them as fast as they can build them.

The Iphone 2 will speak for itself.

swcdfan: you will get ur wish sooner than you think.... :)

Tigerfish: All you needed to do was buy AAPL 8 years ago and u'd be retire by now...

The point you seem to be missing is the fact that a shed load of people have bought one on here and sold it on again 'cos it was pish in one way or another. Cannae argue with that fella.

How sad for Nokia to build its flagship model and have to give it away as a free upgrade as no one would pay their hard-earned cash for it.

I think you're confused, they don't give them away free, networks subsidise them and we pay for them through our contracts.........

In my opinion, Apple's strategy of one network is price fixing - if it had been open to all four there would have been no chance of it continuing on at that ridiculous price.

And as Tigerfish says above, the Iphone was a seriously flawed device that serious phone enthusiasts bought, and then sold on to some unsuspecting fool........not the mark of a great device is it?

However, no point talking about the old Iphone, as that's now history - I will now just sit tight and wait and see whether iPhone2 is everything it's now cracked up to be, and whether the price is now a little more reasonable.........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links