Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

City Link

City Link have got to be one of the worst parcel services out there, they've annoyed me on several occasions before but today they really took the biscuit!

Was supposed to receive a delivery by 1pm today (deliberately picked Saturday to make sure I'd be at home), so have been hanging around waiting for it to arrive before heading out of the house.........still nothing by 11.00am so check the tracking number on their website and it says they attempted delivery at 10.30am and had left a card! :tsktsk:

This got me furious as they had not even come anywhere near the house (so obviously hadn't left a card) but obviously the driver has better plans on a Saturday and has not bothered with his deliveries. Spoke to Customer Services, who eventually just hung up on me when I kept asking them to find the driver and send him back - and apparently I wasn't the only one, when I phoned back a second time they thought I was someone else who had been calling about exactly the same thing happening to him!

This is ridiculous service, at least amazon are going to refund the express delivery fee, but it still doesn't help that now I need to make sure someone is in the house on Monday to collect the delivery...............

I can't understand how this company is still in business...........no one I know has anything good to say about City Link, yet they seem to handle the deliveries from a lot of online shops.............. :angry:

City link will deliver items that other places won't due to weight or size restrictions. I work in an airport handling company and we handle all the city link freight that comes through. They are always sending us overweight items and stupidly long items that won't fit in the aircraft ULD's. Also when they have to empty ULD's they have about 10 guys standing around the one box trying to decide who is going to take it.

As far as my experience with them goes they are utterly useless but I have never had anything delivered by them so I can't comment on that side of things.

There are only 2 parcel services I have any time for at all - UPS and Amtrak. UPS are consistently professional but expensive, and Amtrak I like for personal reasons (I used to visit my then-local depot in Plymouth almost every day, and they were great guys in there).

I guess you'll get good guys and lazy b*****s in every company though, I almost never send anything through them so just have to suffer whichever company I'm buying something from chooses to use - which probably comes down to price at the end of the day.

Postal companies annoy me in general. They all seem bad i've Tried.

The last time i used City Link they sent back the parcel saying my address didnt exist.

DHL threw my new stereo over the gate cause i wasnt in.

I'm sure the post office only deliver parcels these days on Thursdays as everything always seem to come then, regardless of when its posted!

Stav

My old company always had problems with $hitty Link So it was UPS or FED/EX who although more expensive got the job done professionaly and on time.

"You get's what you pay for!"

citylink do have one of the worst reputations and are currently going through a lot of turmoil no doubt due to their recent acquisition of target. I understand that due to the mess they got themselves in they have now brought back the CEO of target to sort it out.

Understand your frustration-especially when you stay in to wait for delivery- and that customer service is terrible. Every company makes mistakes or has the odd bad employee- but I think the measure of a good company is how they deal with an issue when something goes wrong. In this case they proved why I wouldn't use them.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who think City Link is awful - but regardless of how bad they are, I'm disappointed that they are now resorting to fraud (claiming they attempted delivery when they didn't) :shutit:

I agree, even if the driver is dodgy, if they picked it up and somehow sorted it out then it would have been ok but the fact they couldn't be bothered is even worse (part of the reason I stick with Lexus is that they'll always sort it out even if something wrong has been done)

Plus LMAO @ S****y Link - not the most imaginative but hilarious :lol:

I've had problems with City Link too - one time when I was out I tried to arrange another delivery date and they were just unutterably rude on the phone. The last time, I was waiting for them, saw the van arrive, the guy was writing the card as he was walking down the drive and then put it through the letterbox without even knocking. I was too slow getting downstairs as I was decorating and didn't want to get paint everywhere so he drove off before I could catch him. Morons.

the company i work for use to use them on a daily basis. the service was so bad, when they called to cancel the account they just said, "cant really blame you for leaving, there isnt anything we can do" :mat:

im astonished they are still about, there are loads of courier companies better than them.

Well i've just bought something off ebay and the seller has just mailed me and told me he's posted it by City Link today, somebody will be in all day tomorrow so we'll see what happens!

Hopefully it turns up ok, these dodgy games are probably more of a weekend thing as they'd probably rather be doing other things...........I had the item delivered today, the guy who dropped it off knew the whole story and was really pi$$ed off about it, started telling me about how there are loads of t :tsktsk: s in the company that are giving all the decent hardworking ones a bad name.

Felt bad for the guy, it's a shame that management aren't doing something about it :unsure:

Got more chance of them turning up than you at a meet :whistling::lol:

Lol, damn I'm never gonna live this down............I'm really gonna have to make the next one! :D

I can't understand how this company is still in business...........no one I know has anything good to say about City Link, yet they seem to handle the deliveries from a lot of online shops.............. :angry:

SHOCK HORROR!! I am a happy City Link Customer. :)

I use them extensively and they have always been polite, efficent and on time. I must be the only one satisfied customer then......... :lol: I am even on first name terms with the delivery guy and he usually chats about cars too.......

Sorry to hear about the trouble others have been having.

Lol, sounds like you're on their preferred customers list! :whistling:

Every company has good and bad employees, just seems City Link has more problems than good points, glad they actually work for you though, makes a nice change :winky:

Lol, sounds like you're on their preferred customers list! :whistling:

Every company has good and bad employees, just seems City Link has more problems than good points, glad they actually work for you though, makes a nice change :winky:

Not had that many dealings with them, but no problems when I have. Goods seem to arrive when expected. Possibly down to which depots are involved, or maybe because I am nearer to their main hub. UK Courier of the year 2007 so overall they can't be that bad.

SHOCK HORROR!! I am a happy City Link Customer. :)

I use them extensively and they have always been polite, efficent and on time. I must be the only one satisfied customer then......... :lol: I am even on first name terms with the delivery guy and he usually chats about cars too.......

Sorry to hear about the trouble others have been having.

It's 'cos he's sat chatting to you about cars that he is late doing the rest of his deliveries :whistling:

Slightly :offtopic: but I am having hassles with DHL.

Friends were getting married at the weekend, we couldn't attend as we were on holiday. They are big VW fans. I've got an old 1964 Beetle advert from an american magazine that I was given as a 21st present. I hadn't had it on the wall for ages so I got it reframed and packaged it up and arranged for DHL to collect for delivery as an extra wedding present.

DHL collected it it was secure and in one piece.

They then returned it the next day because it was broken!! :tsktsk:

So between collecting it and trying to deliver it they smashed the glass. Not only that the back of the frame had been knocked out and subsequent handling has meant that the broken glass has completely shredded the picture.

To say I am furious is an understatement.

OMG.......Ordered my new tyres from Camskill today - just received the email confirming they have shipped and who should the carrier be.....CityLink.

Luckily my wife is a teacher and off for another 5 weeks - so Ive at least got a fighting chance of getting them ;o))

Maybe (hopefully) it will be their opportunity to increase my confidence in them..... I suppose with 4 tyres on his van - the driver is going to be quite eager to get rid - I just hope the place where he chooses to do that is my house.....

I'm sure it'll be fine (I hope!), I actually had 4 tyres delivered from Camskill by City Link a few months ago and they all came fine........I think the problem I had was because I scheduled delivery on a Saturday, when the guy clearly preferred to be hanging out enjoying the weather rather than making deliveries :unsure:

well, they turned up today but the driver dumped them at the top of our drive stating he couldn't bring them to the door for health & safety reasons. Leaving my wife to carry them to the garage whilst looking after our kids. Disgusted & no wonder they are losing business.

I was due a package 2 days ago, last night when I got home, I saw a card that was left.

I called them and they said it was out on the van today, but they had tried 2 times previously.

Yeah right. I was in all day Tuesday & no card was left, and no-one knocked on the door, and

the item was only ordered on Monday so I'd love to know what happened there.

The lady on the phone was most insistant they tried to deliver on Tuesday & the driver would have left a card.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :shutit:

I have just spoken to them and my package will be here today before 6pm sometime. Fingers crossed :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links