Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

F 1

terry moore

I think (and hope) that Glock just lost it on dry tyres in those conditions - I really do hope he didn't get told to slow down to let Lewis through :unsure:

What would Toyota stand to gain by telling him to slow down? The tyres that Glock was on just weren't up to the conditions prevailing at the conclusion of the race.

I think (and hope) that Glock just lost it on dry tyres in those conditions - I really do hope he didn't get told to slow down to let Lewis through :unsure:

What would Toyota stand to gain by telling him to slow down? The tyres that Glock was on just weren't up to the conditions prevailing at the conclusion of the race.

Quite. It's sad some people smell conspiracy at every opportunity. Toyota have nothing to gain by letting Lewis win - in fact quite the opposite, since they are in direct competition with Mercedes (via Lexus) and not in competition at all with Ferrari. If anything, Toyota would prefer to beat the McLaren Mercedes on the track!

Am trying to find some race-time data for the last lap, to see who else was still on dry tyres and what their last-lap times were. Glock was apparently 5 seconds faster than his Toyota teammate on the penultimate lap, so they clearly had made the wrong choice staying out on the dry tyres and lost stacks of time.

Well done Lewis, did you see Massa's family when they found out he'd lost it, couldn't help but feel sorry for them.

Did Glock lose it or was it technical failure? either way great result. :D

Doing the rounds on many forums at the moment:

ferrari.gif

Am trying to find some race-time data for the last lap, to see who else was still on dry tyres and what their last-lap times were. Glock was apparently 5 seconds faster than his Toyota teammate on the penultimate lap, so they clearly had made the wrong choice staying out on the dry tyres and lost stacks of time.

This clears it up from the ITV F1 website

Lap 66 – Hamilton pits, Glock is 20 seconds behind him.

Lap 67 – Hamilton rejoins and Glock is now eight seconds ahead.

Lap 68 – Glock is 10 seconds ahead.

Lap 69 – Vettel passes Hamilton, Glock is 15 seconds up.

Lap 70 – Hamilton takes three seconds out of his lead.

Lap 71 – Glock loses 13 seconds in sectors one and two.

Hamilton's final lap is 1m26s, Glock's is 1m 44.731s. Trulli, who also stayed on dry tyres, does a similar lap time.

No conspiracy theories, just a fair win end of :D

Just a quick mention for Massa, he accepted defeat with grace & dignity, so fair play to him (unlike the crowd).

What a race that was and an amazing last lap. I still dont understand what happened on that last corner tho. Did Glock let Hamilton through? It seemed to me that he went wide by purpose to let him through but they kept saying that hamilton couldnt get the power down due to his choice of tyres but glock was able to put the power down better it him keeping ahead of him. I just loved the reaction of ferrari though when they thought they'd won and then to see their faces drop...quality lol.

What a race that was and an amazing last lap. I still dont understand what happened on that last corner tho. Did Glock let Hamilton through? It seemed to me that he went wide by purpose to let him through but they kept saying that hamilton couldnt get the power down due to his choice of tyres but glock was able to put the power down better it him keeping ahead of him.

It just started raining a lot harder on that lap. So those still on dry tyres (e.g. Glock) were in big trouble and had to slow down massively to stay on the race track.

Glock was doing fine on the dry tyres while it was raining lightly, but as Wozza said, they gamble nearly paid off but ultimately failed, once the rain started coming down hard and making the track properly wet.

Heard on the radio that it IS being disputed over engine issues!?!?!?

Apparently when they rebuilt Lewis' engine (for the two race rule) they added 'too much' to it, effectively having a 'new' engine in there, so they are saying he could lose it all on a technicality

Just read this on another forum i go on... can anyone confirm?

Apparently when they rebuilt Lewis' engine (for the two race rule) they added 'too much' to it, effectively having a 'new' engine in there, so they are saying he could lose it all on a technicality

I can't see anything about this on the Autosport website, which is usually pretty authoratative, so I'm taking a large pinch of salt with that suggestion.

I wonder if someone just misunderstood when the commentators were talking about the fact that Mercedes had built a new engine from the same batch of parts as Hamilton's engine, and tested it to destruction, assuring themselves that the batch at least had no particular defects ?

I really can't see Maclaren making such a fundamental mistake, and suspect someone has either got the wrong end of the stick here, or is just making things up (not suggesting TheDon did this, but perhaps the person who posted it on the other forum did ?).

really hope that the person on the other forum got it wrong... i think lewis must be the happiest person in the world right now... well apart from ron dennis.... although havent they got to give lewis the Orange Mclaren F1 GT thats sitting in the Mclaren HQ lobby.... im sure ron said he could have it if he won the championship!

Nothing on crash.net think its a miss under standing. I was worried when he couldnt get his steering wheel back on, as they disqualify the driver if its not put back on.

All in all not a great drive from lewis but a good season. I dunno why he let Kubica past at that point should have left it untill the start finish straight.

I was also thinking if Hamilton had stayed out on dry tyres would he have finished in the top 5. As Glock was well down before they all pitted and only got pipped on the last few corners? Would have been risky but he might have ended up in a higher position.

i dont think anything will come of this...............for one how do you put to much back! as the engine can only have so many parts to make an engine, my understanding they can replace any part on the engine ( for safety of the driver) but not the engine itself

I think if the FIA take anything away from him now, that would be the end of FIA

Well done Lewis, but as we all know it ain't over until Ferrari's henchmen have had a chance to take something in to the court room.

Massa great drive all year and very sporting in defeat, shame the Brazilian "fans" don't know how to behave :angry:

the real shame was DC what an unfortunate end to one of the best British F1 drivers careers :o

How about a Lexus Owners club box at silverstone next year, only £1500 each, worth every penny.

Me, I'm a practical and sensible bloke by outlook, and I just can't understand why so many people are so biassed against Hamilton.

Sure, some people including me don't like the guy for perceived arrogance and self-interest in running off to a tax-haven so that I have to pay more in tax.

Driving a better car? Look at the constructors championship!

Glock deliberately slowed down? He was the fastest out there on slicks, he was behind Hamilton when the latter pitted, have a look at Raikkonen letting Massa through earlier in the season.

Massa won more races? Not when you reverse that perverse penalty earlier in the season.

For me, the only other driver that comes out well this season is Massa. What a wonderful example of sportsmanship he was yesterday, even in these PR-sanitized days.

As for the insults from Spain and Italy that I've seen on websites, why do they hate black people so much?

Anyway, well done Lewis and commiserations to David Coulthard, his last race ruined by some prat (again) barging into him.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links