Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60k Service

kris_t

thanks ill just give them a ring

why not try toyota?they keep all the bits you need in stock and will prob be cheaper than lex?

you could be really cheeky and buy all the service parts you need.....

polin filter, oil filter, air filter, sparkplugs, timin belt,water pump(as your in that area)and oil then your just paying labour!time for the timing belt is approx 2 hours(add 1 more hour if doin water pump) and 1,1/2 hours for the service

i can double check the hours for timing belt and service at my work tomorrow.and update dont want none of you peeps getting ripped off!!

i had my 60k service done at the old lexus dealer in bromly which is now shut,i was quoted 850,including cam belt changed but after speaking to the man on the phone for a bit i managed to get it for 700,quite a big difference,enough for about 3 full tanks of petrol :unsure:

ok im realy starting to go off lexus

cant wait for my m3

and yes i know it will proberly cost me more in service cost but i think the smile it will put on my face will be worth it every time i put my foot down

points come off in 9 weeks then the shopping begins lol

i had my 60,000 service done at Lexus Hanley just before Xmas. With my discounts, it cost £660 and that was with the cambelt and tensioner being done. At least the 70,000 is only around £100ish :winky:

does 60k service include cam belt ? I negotiated a free 60k service when i got the car..want to make sure thats included

It's open to interpretation mate - you'd really be best double checking with that particular dealer that you ordered from to see exactly what they're planning on doing - wouldn't surprise me if they said they'd inspected it and it was ok!

Yep lexus park lane quoted me just over £1k for 60k service and cam belt change. Got it done elsewhere for £500.

I can't believe the dealers in the london area can vary so wildly, mine cost £695........

On friday the 4th Aug i emailed lexus - Liverpool , Chester, Stockport, Hanley, Manchester asking for a Price for a service minus the Spark Plugs.

Results are as followed

Liverpool from Dave Allen- £392.71inc vat

Chester - To carry out the 60k/6th year service for your vehicle would cost 918.39 as at this interval the cambelt and spark plugs need changing. However, as you have all ready had the spark plugs done the cost is reduced to 765.69 inc VAT.

Stockport Paul Marrow- £395.15 Service incl discount will be £355.64 inc discount, cambelt replacement will be 317.52 inc discount

Hanley - £390

Manchester - £450 inclusive of VAT.

Will update if people reply

look like i am going to Stockport

have asked liverpool will they price match will let ya know

Went to liverpool and they done a free cambelt change

ok im realy starting to go off lexus

cant wait for my m3

and yes i know it will proberly cost me more in service cost but i think the smile it will put on my face will be worth it every time i put my foot down

points come off in 9 weeks then the shopping begins lol

BMW dealers are no better than Lexus dealers :D and you will see then lots more owning the M3 mate :D

BMW dealers are no better than Lexus dealers :D and you will see then lots more owning the M3 mate :D

I have no idea if this is correct, but someone was telling me that servicing an M3 (at BMW dealers) is ridiculously expensive (as in just purely routine servicing, not any extra parts)........is that correct?

try calling albin b motors its around 250+ something that was last 2 weeks when i called .but need to save first called lexus twickenham its about 60o plus, but in albin motors if you have your own parts they can lower it down. like motor oil, filters etc

i had my 60,000 service done at Lexus Hanley just before Xmas. With my discounts, it cost £660 and that was with the cambelt and tensioner being done. At least the 70,000 is only around £100ish :winky:

£100ish,i dont think so,ive just booked mine in for this service,i was quoted about 350,but managed to hsggle him down to 290,that is a dealer tho!!

I spoke to Lexus Bolton about my 60k service (car only 4.5 years old though not 6), they said they would inspect but not change the cambelt, and quoted around £400. I reckon my local independent could do it for that including the cambelt.

Is there any way of telling if the timing belt and water pump have been changed? I've got full service history up to 80k so far but have no history or receipts of any work done - just the stamps in the book.

Try phoning the garages that serviced the car, they may well have records, particularly if it was at a dealer, and probably won't mind telling you if the belt/water pump were done.

Otherwise you can look at them visually and take an educated guess. A cover needs removing to peek at the cam belt, I got a Lexus dealer to visually check mine for free.

Interesting to see your service details. So at 60k they inspected the belts but didn't change them, that's what Lexus Bolton were proposing when I spoke to them. How old was the car at 60k?

If my belt inspects ok I am considering leaving it until the next service. My car is on 60k but is just over 4 years old, not 6. If there's no indication of wear on the belt I think it might be a bit premature changing it this time round.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links