Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Think Before You Ink

Yeldarb

As some of you know I own a large tattoo studio and I have seen just about everything you could imagine through my doors over the last 10 years, well this one came in this morning and I was truly horrified. I normally keep business and personal life separate but this is just shocking.

This tattoo was done "by a mate" with a kit from eBay, NOT a professional studio. But shows what can happen.

So please if you want a tattoo please make sure you go to a reputable studio with good checkable hygiene and excellent portfolios, your health is not worth the gamble.

the whole thing looks infected.

hey do you do discount for members LOL, would love a cover up job done

Of course!!!! 10% sound good?

Our union petitioned eBay to try and stop this sort of thing happening but were told to "go away" in less polite words!!

The whole arm stank, and was "gooey" my wife sent him off to the hospital.

That is proper minging!!!

Think getting a tattoo is going on my list of stuff to do before I hit 40 :D

I never knew you could get kits off eBay though, how much does it cost to get a tattoo professionally done compared to the price of one of these kits as a matter of interest? Don't worry I ain't trying it myself, just wondering how much they're trying to save when they butcher themselves like this?

That is proper minging!!!

Think getting a tattoo is going on my list of stuff to do before I hit 40 :D

I never knew you could get kits off eBay though, how much does it cost to get a tattoo professionally done compared to the price of one of these kits as a matter of interest? Don't worry I ain't trying it myself, just wondering how much they're trying to save when they butcher themselves like this?

To be honest its not the "kit" that costs you are paying for the skill of the artist, their knowledge and ability to do the job properly in a safe clean registered establishment. If you look at the kits you will notice 1 thing is missing from all of them, "the autoclave" used for sterilising the equipment, mine (a hospital grade vacuum model to sterilise hollow items) cost 3.5K last year and roundabout 500 to 1K a year in servicing as it gets a lot of use. oh and the machines are made out of pig metal that warps and overheats and burns your hand :crybaby:

People who can't even draw for some reason think they can tattoo with no training!! It is like playing the guitar, a pro makes it look easy, when in reality it takes years of hard work to get to that stage.

Oh yeah sorry mate I realise that, I just wondered how much one of these kits costs versus to get that cross tattoo done at a proper place?

Just had a quick nosey and they're coming up 50 quid upwards, how much would it cost to get a tattoo done like that professionally nowadays?

Just meant it's a false economy them trying to save by doing it themselves really, nasty results too!

Oh yeah sorry mate I realise that, I just wondered how much one of these kits costs versus to get that cross tattoo done at a proper place?

Just had a quick nosey and they're coming up 50 quid upwards, how much would it cost to get a tattoo done like that professionally nowadays?

Just meant it's a false economy them trying to save by doing it themselves really, nasty results too!

Exactly, cheap rubbish!! I think my wife's fave. magnum machine was about £350!!

That cross would have been about £60.

That's crazy ain't it, he could have had a perfect job for the same what he paid, I don't get it when people try and cut corners!

My mates tend to stick for the single colour stuff but I really like the multiple colour designs, that must be proper difficult though?

that looks like a young arm :ohmy:

what a way to ruin a perfectly good arm

cant say i am a lover of tattoos, in fact i am quite against them, too many people have them for fashion or to look good in front of their mates, what they dont see or think about is the consequences that may affect them in later years

and yes ive been there done that :blush:

best advise i was given was to decide what you want, then wait a year, if it is still exactly what you want then go ahead !

one year is nothing to something that will be with you for the rest of your life !

they are really cheap to put on, compared to taking them off

best advise i was given was to decide what you want, then wait a year, if it is still exactly what you want then go ahead !

one year is nothing to something that will be with you for the rest of your life !

indeed bazza, tis why my leg was 5 years in the making and my back will be some 2years..

a friend of mine has just 'invested' in a kit off th'web, surely if used properly this kind of thing won't happen? not that i'm gettin a tattoo

Seriously if your a real friend tell him not to bother.

Like Yeldarb said, you pay for the artist not the tools.

Not worth the risk IMHO

The whole arm stank, and was "gooey" my wife sent him off to the hospital.

That's is crazy, a DIY tattoo sounds like a really dumb idea on any level. I can't believe he then came to a tattoo parlour when it looked like that instead of going to hospital! :o

Although he did go for the DIY tattoo in the first place so probably not the brightest out there.......... :duh:

a friend of mine has just 'invested' in a kit off th'web, surely if used properly this kind of thing won't happen? not that i'm gettin a tattoo

Surely a car can't harm anyone if you use it with no training, skill or guidance? Just watch a video and read the highway code?

A poor investment IMHO. The whole point is you can't use it properly without proper training, no ifs or buts.

I can get on the soapbox about people thinking it is OK to tattoo illegally, this is not the place!!!!

The picture above says it all, I have more if you want to see them, in fact all my artists have portfolios filled with cover-ups.

indeed bazza, tis why my leg was 5 years in the making and my back will be some 2years..

And you have chosen a good reputable studio!!! Thats also a mine field if you don't know what you are looking for!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links