Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bad Day, But Could Be Worst

Bad day this morning, but i guess could be alots worst, got up this morning going to get the car, and saw this great big hole on the roof of my garage, some ********* had drop a big piece of Concrete through my garage roof into my garage from the building site next door, and it missed my car by 5 cm or so, but some the debris had scratched my rear passager window, and took little bit of paint off the side skirt, ( they are paying for all the repair, thank *** ), but can anyone tell me if the window can be repair without having to replace it? i will post some pics soon.....just hope thing dont get any worst..... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Bad day this morning, but i guess could be alots worst, got up this morning going to get the car, and saw this great big hole on the roof of my garage, some ********* had drop a big piece of Concrete through my garage roof into my garage from the building site next door, and it missed my car by 5 cm or so, but some the debris had scratched my rear passager window, and took little bit of paint off the side skirt, ( they are paying for all the repair, thank *** ), but can anyone tell me if the window can be repair without having to replace it? i will post some pics soon.....just hope thing dont get any worst..... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

have the builders seen the damage - maybe you can claim its worse than it is - get the builders to pay for a full respray since you don't want the repainted area show. time to order the rage paint??!

Here is the pics..

this is the Garage and building site next door

Concrete droped from here..

Picture_035.sized.jpg

and this is where i park my car, hehehe, and the Concrete landed right next to car...

this is the damage to the window..

is this bit of the window painted in Black Gross color? or it is a Trim?

Damage_1.sized.jpg

the white mark on window is a scratch, any way i can repair that without replacing it? since im going to get this done and send the building contactor the bill, and who can do those repair, autowindscreen?

and this is the Concrete block...

Picture_021.sized.jpg

as least one good thing today is my new bodykits had arrive in London, and is in transit to Manchester, then to the body shop in Stockport, only downside is how much Duty and Tax it cost, i have no idea... ;) ;) :D :D

I notice your car is red and a hard colour to match, they tend to always look different colours under street lights i think it has something to do with the pigment in the paint .I would go for the respray or at least the whole side.

I know it's possible to repair very small chips & scratches in glass by forcing in a resin that has the same optical properties as the glass. However, looking t the mess it's made of your window, I think you're looking at a replacement window mate :sad:

Pic show the back of Garage, i park from the front of the garage... :D :D :D :D :D

but do anyone know if this bit is painted black or it is a trim?

damage_2.sized.jpg

and Chris do you have the price for the rear passager side window? and how easy it take to replace the window? please let me know mate... :D :D :D

I think that part is painted - bummer. However, don't worry about cost etc. take it to lexus get them to fit the glass and sort out chip on door surround, then tell the builders how much they owe you (or their insurance!!)

Sorry to hear about it though, still, you could have just had you car painted then it land on your roof or something!

I notice your car is red and a hard colour to match, they tend to always look different colours under street lights i think it has something to do with the pigment in the paint .I would go for the respray or at least the whole side.

It looks like Aztec Fire - the same colour as mine. I had my rear bumper and rear wheel arch resprayed last year and they did a perfect job - I couldn't tell the difference (day or night).

Thank Guys, im going to take it to Lexus Leeds when i got the time, and get those sorted then i will have the window re-tinted too, then send the builder the bill, it is just the hassle of getting things done again when i can spend my times sorting other things out..... :angry::angry::angry:

yeah that bit is definitely painted black

just look at it this way, its better that this happened before you had your funky paint job done, and the chances of having this bad luck again are much less! :winky:

Bad luck Maz.

That's an amazing annotated picture you posted.

At least it's clear that the damage wasn't deliberate vandalism, which is a always an unfortunate possibility for cool looking cars like yours.

Hope you get it sorted with minimum fuss.

Nige

Parthiban Posted: May 28 2003, 04:23 PM 

yeah that bit is definitely painted black

just look at it this way, its better that this happened before you had your funky paint job done, and the chances of having this bad luck again are much less! 

Aye that true, i dont know what i will like if this had happen after i get the car all done up, and i hope it will never happen again, who would though your car can be damage even when it is inside your garage....hehe :duh: :duh: :duh:

NigeSt Posted on May 28 2003, 04:54 PM

Bad luck Maz.

That's an amazing annotated picture you posted.

At least it's clear that the damage wasn't deliberate vandalism, which is a always an unfortunate possibility for cool looking cars like yours.

Hope you get it sorted with minimum fuss.

Nige 

Thank Nige, i hope so too... :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links