Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spotted On Google Street View?

bensyer

wondered if any one else had spotted the google strret car whilst driving about? caught my car at the lights then as it went up the hill caught another IS lol who'd of thought i rarely see another IS about yet here we are in 1 swoop up the road

My car

mylex.jpg

Then the other lex just to more clicks up the street

bluelex.jpg

Wondered if any one else had been caught on cam

My car at the time was parked near work and behind a bush and another car so I can barely make it out apart from the front wheel

Found my current car tho, bein that i've not had it long, I googled the previous owners address and there it was :D

streetview300.jpg

Mines not on it :-( drive is empty... I got all excited then lol but my old car is at my old house so the images have got to have been done well over a year ago

depends where you live tho, my Dad's jeep is on the drive and he's only had it since August, if yours isn't on your drive, what about where you work?

i was in my garage working on my soarer when i saw google car going up the street so it caught me staring at car as it drove by .... me in garage with 4.0 soarer n ls on drive

google1.jpggoogle2.jpg

Well my old car is at my old house, and Ive not lived there since Jan 09 and had my lex since Aug 09 so the images have got to have been done over xmas before I moved... Think we are behind the times lol the image of my old house too showed my neighbours not having a conservatory, they had that done about feb 09.. to be fair my old house is a small village, and new house is a 'new house' and all the houses around it on the map are empty

Mines on it, just round the corner from my house but dont know how to do a screen dump to put the pic on here.

I remember seeing the google camera car coming the other way while driving down to my mums.

Also saw the camera come past work side entrance, checked that and its caught me and a couple of the guys sat down having a brew!!

Can't seem mine on street view, cos I park at the back. But can see it on the drive, so I think that image was taken at the weekend otherwise the car would have been at work.

On the street view you can zoom in and through the bedroom wind see the washing drying :blush:

Downstairs curtains are drawn and the postie is up teh road so probably taken about 10am.

Can't seem mine on street view, cos I park at the back. But can see it on the drive, so I think that image was taken at the weekend otherwise the car would have been at work.

On the street view you can zoom in and through the bedroom wind see the washing drying :blush:

Downstairs curtains are drawn and the postie is up teh road so probably taken about 10am.

You sure the posties up the road ? Curtains closed, you at work :whistling:

My Dad saw the camera car going past, cos he was working in the garden. He saw it head down a cul-de-sac, so waited at the front gate for it to come back. And sure enough, he's there propping up the gatepost, face blurred but clearly visible!!

• 8 months later...

My last car is on Streetview as the Google car came round us last year / early this year.

Must have been a weekday and when i was on nights as there aren't many cars on our road and the wife's car isn't there so she must have been at work. And as our bedroom curtains are drawn i must have been catching my zzzz's. Mine was the black Fabia vRS on the drive.

Also in the google earth/maps you can see me polishing & waxing my car on the drive with the blue blanket laid out on the floor next to the car... And the wife's car parked on the road outside the house. :lol:

SViewHome.jpg

G-MapsHome.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

I've searched for my car all over. Must be somewhere right? Not at home. Hmmm

the images that are stitched together are taken different days so lets say you was at work when the camera car passed your house, and then you was at home when it passed your work, so your car may not be on any of the photos they used, my car was at my work parking place when and is on street view, but I am also on it in a different town

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links