Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can Anyone Help

Fidgits

I'm running a Dell laptop with Windows 2000...

However, I am getting a blue screen crash at least twice every-day!

During the crash, it states "Dumping Physical Memory at address...."

It's done it 3 times this morning already!!

Can anyone suggest what is wrong, and how it may be fixed?

Thanks in advance. Ian.

I'm no expert but it sounds like reinstall windows time. :mat:

To prevent it ever happening again you could try linux instead, use openoffice for wordprocessing etc. :ph34r:

Ian

Welcome to the world of Microsoft :yack:

Seriously though, trying to find yout what's gone wrong from your description is neddle in a haystack time.

All I can suggest is uninstalling any programs that you've installed just before it started crashing. Not very helpful I know but some more detailed info might help point in the right direction.

Another thing worth trying is typing the specific error shown into Google and see what returns you get :duh:

Good luck

Rick

I'm running a Dell laptop with Windows 2000...

However, I am getting a blue screen crash at least twice every-day!

During the crash, it states "Dumping Physical Memory at address...."

It's done it 3 times this morning already!!

Can anyone suggest what is wrong, and how it may be fixed?

Thanks in advance. Ian.

youve worn it out with all those posts :blink:

I've had the same sort of thing on mine. I fixed it by formatting and installing XP instead (just becasue it felt better to spend the time upgrading instead of just installing!)

However my point... is download the latest Dell Bios/drivers. Its easy enough as the service tag on the bottom of your machine can be used to determine what you need. I'm upto revision A22 for my C800 and never had any problems.

John

Ps Whats the difference between Windows and a Virus??

Answer: Virus's tend to actually work!

Its worth having a quick look at the system logs :

start/control panel/administrative tools/computer management then expand 'event viewer'

look in the system and application logs - often gives a clue as to whats causing the problem.

Whitebeam

Ian....how much RAM does your PC have? Are you running a lot of programs when it crashes??

Win2K needs at least 128MB of ram to run properly....is this is what your laptop has then an increase in extra applications will defo cause the blue screen crash and a physical memory dump!

Let me know!

Cheers - Neil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links