Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drivers Face Mobile Phone Ban

Zee007

I do actually agree with the ban - I have had a couple of near misses with folk who are on their mobile and have trouble when it comes to steering one-handed round a very sharp, two lane, uphill bend on the way to Halifax

But I confess - I do it all the time too :crybaby:

I don't always turn on my hands free...... :withstupid: - then when a call comes in, I'm a bit stuck.

Just laziness I suppose - have to sharpen up my act.

That woudl also mean that smoking at the wheel should be banned, turning your radio on should be band........etc etc

Somewhat :offtopic: already, I know, but I was once stung on the thigh by a wasp whilst I was driving - now that was scary.

(The wasp needless to say died a quick, but I hope extremely painful, death :tsktsk: )

steering one-handed round a very sharp, two lane, uphill bend on the way to Halifax.

whilst at the same time trying to open a mars bar, drink a coffee, and read a map.

That woudl also mean that smoking at the wheel should be banned, turning your radio on should be band........etc etc

Somewhat :offtopic: already, I know, but I was once stung on the thigh by a wasp whilst I was driving - now that was scary.

(The wasp needless to say died a quick, but I hope extremely painful, death :tsktsk: )

:unsure: hope it wasen't by blood poisoning

got to agree with this - even if I have been guilty of it myself lately (broke bluetooth handsfree kit).

it does raise some interesting questions though - such as how can it be illegal for members of the public to use a mobile, yet not illegal for the police to operate their radios?

Probally by way of 'upholding the law' get out clause..

Was listening to the news on the story, it will be illegal for you to use your phone but NOT to use the handsfree kit.

What I find amusing is the fact that one of the main arguemtns is that if you are talking you are 4 times more likely to have an accident as you are concentrating on your conversation. At the end of the day you are still concentrating on your conversation on the handsfree. I used to have a handsfree and found I paid less attention on the handsfree as I knew both hands were on the wheel....

Agree with it being banned though....

2p added :P

Was listening to the news on the story, it will be illegal for you to use your phone but NOT to use the handsfree kit.

What I find amusing is the fact that one of the main arguemtns is that if you are talking you are 4 times more likely to have an accident as you are concentrating on your conversation. At the end of the day you are still concentrating on your conversation on the handsfree. I used to have a handsfree and found I paid less attention on the handsfree as I knew both hands were on the wheel....

Agree with it being banned though....

2p added :P

I have two phones, one a company one which I have a proper Nokia hands free kit die and the other my own which I just have an earpiece for. I find the proper hands free kit far less distracting to use.

The news today said that 'hands free' is not illegal...

This includes ear-pieces/bluetooth headsets/in car kits...

The issue is not nessacerily that using that talking on the phone is more dangerous than taking to people in the car, and lets be honest, having children in the car is probably a lot more distracting...

But because so many people talk while driving, and therefore only have one hand to control the car, indicators and gearbox, AND are paying less attention because they are having a conversation...

I'm sure we've all been p :tsktsk: d off by someone not indicating and pulling in/out on the motorway.. only to see a phone plastered to their ear!

Hopefully this law will encorage people to spend the HUGE amount of 10 quid on a handsfree ear-piece... and then they will be able to control the car properly..

It doesn't make it clear on hands free kits, I wonder if the ear piece type will still be allowed.

According to "Top Gear" last Sunday evening, using an ear piece is still illegal...

And we all know how reliable and accurate Top Gear are :whistling:

Totally agree with it... going :offtopic: about smoking... I wrote off one of my cars whilst trying to light a ciggie doing 60 (in a 60) a pickup in front stopped i didnt The moral of the story is ITS NOT UNTIL YOU CRASH you realise how bloody stupid you were.. lucky i knew the guy whose pickup i wrote off.. everybody was fine. but could have ended up much different. :excl:

jac

Hi all

I just recently purchased a device from eBay called The Amazing Car Baby

It works with any mobile phone

Don`t get caught out using your mobile whilst driving, this universal gadget will save you the hassle of getting a 3 points or £1000 fine

Simple to use, tune your radio to one of two set frequencies, clip the Car Baby to your phone and press the button, the car baby will send all incoming speech to your radio.

:D only cost me £7.50 including delivery

havent received it yet...

Hi all

I just recently purchased a device from ebay called The Amazing Car Baby

It works with any mobile phone

Don`t get caught out using your mobile whilst driving, this universal gadget will save you the hassle of getting a 3 points or £1000 fine

Simple to use, tune your radio to one of two set frequencies, clip the Car Baby to your phone and press the button, the car baby will send all incoming speech to your radio.

:D  only cost me £7.50 including delivery

havent received it yet...

I have a hands free car kit installed in my car,but for some unknown reason I was very curious about this 'The Amazing Car Baby' so I have just oredred one. Wanna know if it's just a toy or if it really does work. Sounds like a joke to me :lol:

Oh, and I only paid 5.49 for mine inc. delivery :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links