Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Workshop Articles

Ok guys and Gals, i hve, today cleaned up the workshop, picked up tools lying around, put the manuals back on the shelf.

i have also added a few more articles, but i wanna know is what would you like to see.....im sorry but initially this will be for the is200 untill i can get my hands on any of the other models

i can do anything from, cambelt changes to replacing the rear seat...you tell me, i will do it :geek:

for those that wonder where the workshop is......here it is

How about adjusting IS headlight alignment - mine seem too low even with in-car adjuster wound right up ... :)

How about adjusting IS headlight alignment - mine seem too low even with in-car adjuster wound right up ... :)

Thats really easy, either a 10mm socket or flat screwdriver...

Look on the back of the light, there is a box (electric headlight adjust), on that is a 10mm bolt with space for screw driver...

Just twist to adjust... :D

PIC00021_001.jpg

This is from the JDM headlights, but it shows what you should look for (remember OEM lights will have a grey box with this adjuster on.

• 11 months later...

In all seriousness - how do you get the back seat base out ?

I have a rattle / knocking to track and what to look under there ...

Tried that but there seems to be some quite solid straps from the base running up behind the back-rests - is it best to pull at the front edge or the back edge first - every time I try I stop before I break something ...

• 2 months later...

Anyone know how the rear seat backrest is fixed on - I want to get behind it and ahve removed the 4 bolts at the base but still can't get the backrest to shift along the top edge ...

assuming u have removed the bolts at the bottom? the top part of the back rest is held in by steel loops that clip into plastic blocks - you really just have to pull the back rest upwards as hard as u can - it can be difficult but it will move in the end. also remove the head rests as will make it easier.

Two workshop notes needed.

1) Removing rear discs, Sounds simple & once I knew how it was but I couldn't find the adjuster anywhere!!!!

2) MOST IMPORTANT!! Fitting Coilovers ! ;)

Thanks Fluff - will have another go - thought that might be they way - just worried I might be pulling the wrong way - took me long enough to get the knack of the base part ... !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links