Digital Cameras

i have the 300z

much the same as above

only 3.0megapix but very good quality

second olympus i have had

good battery life even on rechargables

i use a card reader  about £20 uses usb port

just slot in card and access like a hard drive

I've got the same one and I really rate it, the quality is excellent.

If you're getting a camera, get optical zoom rather than digital - quality is much greater

I bought a Nikon Coolpix 4300 4 Million pixels last Christmas . I studied the mags and saw my friendly Photographic dealer. It is user friendly and downloads quite easily via a digital formatter. I have taken some great photos this year.

this one looks good - its a Kodak (a name I have heard of) and importantly to me - it has a docking station (want the missus to be able to just drop the camera in and upload the photos - no messing with cables etc)

I am looking to buy the exact same model, Kodak LS443. I can get them for £279.99 incl VAT, delivery and Dock :whistling: staff discount :D

When buying mine, I was told to avoid Kodak (that was the one I was going to buy), because they have so many faults...

I have never heard of any faults with Kodak digital cameras :unsure:

Personally I have a FujiFilm 2600Z

Boo...you'd get sacked if you said that at my workplace :lol::whistling:

same KODAK LS443 for 279.95 WITTH FREE SHIPPING, which would save you £24.05 compared to the one on e-bay

That's the same price after my staff discount (actually eBay is 4p cheaper) :angry: I need to have words with the staff shop people :shifty:

I have had to fuji digi cams and have found the both o.k although mine have been cheap models but still pretty good for the money , Although i have now just bought a pansonic dv digital camcorder which also takes still.. :D

jac

I used to have a Kodak DX3900. I loved the camera and the quality was fantastic. I recently sold it because I wanted a newer model with higher resolution and better zoom. The LS443 is the best one I can find that gives me everything I want and I know the quality will be good also. Not biased at all :lol:

Well, as you can see its a Jungle out there and you are spoiled for choice.

So here are my thoughts.........

Go for a decent optical zoom, as you can do as much digital zoom as you want using your PC.

Make sure that if you are planning on printing any of your pics, that you get a camera that can handle the size of print. (I.E. If your want to print an 8x10 photo, then a 2 mega pixel prob wont be enough)

I was looking at a few when i bought mine, but there was a v good offer going for the Minolta 7i (half original price) so i went for it and i dont regret it.

5 Mega pixel

28 - 200 mm Zoom (35mm eq)

Only thing i found that is a pain is when you take a pic on the highest resolution (15Meg file), it takes an age for the camera to store the pic on the memory.

:geek:

Reviews of the Minolta 7i

do you have a budget planned - that will help narrow down the choices a lot

ermm - hadn't thought of it that way.

around the £300 mark is sensible isn't it?

should be able to get something decent for that shouldn't I?

Would recommend the Fuji F401, great quality, v compact (quite similar to the Ixus), does movies etc and about £280.

Yep, I'd recommend Fuji cameras. I'm a digital photography buff in my spare time and am into landscape photography.

Take a look here for some examples of my work:

http://www.javaboss.com/photos.html

They are all 3 megapixel images taken with a Fuji 620z. I've lowered the resolution for the web. The super CCD on the 602 allows images up to 6mp.

I purchased my wife a F401z at Christmas and it's a good point and shoot camera. The 602z has digital SLR like features - such as manual focus, aparture/shutter priority modes.

Check out these digi-cam sites:

http://www.steves-digicams.com

http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk

http://www.dpreview.com/

personally i like canon and nikon cameras.

at the min i have the canon powershot s40

matt go to this site (excellent for indepth reviews etc)

camera reviews

as others have said 3 - 4 megapixels is good.

instead of a cradle you could buy a usb card reader. at the mom i use a usb compact flash card reader made by san disk.

this may or may not be helpful

thanks

Paul

Yep, I'd recommend Fuji cameras.  I'm a digital photography buff in my spare time and am into landscape photography.

Take a look here for some examples of my work:

http://www.javaboss.com/photos.html

They are all 3 megapixel images taken with a Fuji 620z.  I've lowered the resolution for the web.  The super CCD on the 602 allows images up to 6mp.

Super piccies Javaboss :)

:eerrrmm: Fuji cameras do offer good quality :eerrrmm:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links