Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mobile Phones And Drink

Well what do you do to a petty minded ***** women who has had a drink and is talking on the phone to her mates whilst driving a car and crashes into the side of your pride and joy lexus.

I was soooo close to belting the living daylights out of her i can honestly say, especially when she states it was my fault for being in her way, despite being parked with the footbrake on at a junction waiting to turn right.

I smelled the beer on her straight away as did the woman she grazed, so we both rang police, and no way was this going to be a document exchange job.

After i calmed down and the police were on the way, we started looking at the damage whilst the drunk idiot was gobbing off at all and sundry and blaming society, we then noticed she had a baby laying on the back seat of her car, lucky for her the police arrived or i think she may have been lynched. She ended up being arrested for failing a breath test, also she decided to hit the officer in the face which resulted in her being grounded quite hard as you could see her gasping for air like a stranded fish. The baby was thankfully ok when ambulance crew checked the little devil over.

Anyway, my car possibly could be a write off as she hit it across the door pillar between front and rear passenger side doors, the door skins are damaged and deformed as you would expect them to be, they both open and close but not as easier as they did obviously, but i hope the main pillar is not damaged. I hardly felt anything, just a small jolt, and i don't think the car moved sideways at all, damn built like tanks. How she made it across a lane of oncoming traffic coming at her and only grazing another car was well lucky.

Will let you know what happens, am currently waiting for insurance to deliver the like for like courtesy car as they put in the insurance policy, this could be a fun wait.

Well what do you do to a petty minded ***** women who has had a drink and is talking on the phone to her mates whilst driving a car and crashes into the side of your pride and joy lexus.

I was soooo close to belting the living daylights out of her i can honestly say, especially when she states it was my fault for being in her way, despite being parked with the footbrake on at a junction waiting to turn right.

I smelled the beer on her straight away as did the woman she grazed, so we both rang police, and no way was this going to be a document exchange job.

After i calmed down and the police were on the way, we started looking at the damage whilst the drunk idiot was gobbing off at all and sundry and blaming society, we then noticed she had a baby laying on the back seat of her car, lucky for her the police arrived or i think she may have been lynched. She ended up being arrested for failing a breath test, also she decided to hit the officer in the face which resulted in her being grounded quite hard as you could see her gasping for air like a stranded fish. The baby was thankfully ok when ambulance crew checked the little devil over.

Anyway, my car possibly could be a write off as she hit it across the door pillar between front and rear passenger side doors, the door skins are damaged and deformed as you would expect them to be, they both open and close but not as easier as they did obviously, but i hope the main pillar is not damaged. I hardly felt anything, just a small jolt, and i don't think the car moved sideways at all, damn built like tanks. How she made it across a lane of oncoming traffic coming at her and only grazing another car was well lucky.

Will let you know what happens, am currently waiting for insurance to deliver the like for like courtesy car as they put in the insurance policy, this could be a fun wait.

Flaming bad luck. Thank goodness the little baby wasn't hurt in any way, but the long term outlook for the little thing dosen't look good with a mother like that.

I cant remember have you LPGd yours? Mike

The main thing is everybody walked away uninjured from the accident, I do feel for you, if I remember correctly the LS was a recent purchase and no doubt it took some doing to find the right one.

From experience and the damage you mention it will be written off I think, it is far easier for insurers.

On a lighter note my insurance also offered a "Like for like" courtesy car, I've still not got my head around why they sent a Volkswagen Golf diesel!

The main thing is everybody walked away uninjured from the accident, I do feel for you, if I remember correctly the LS was a recent purchase and no doubt it took some doing to find the right one.

From experience and the damage you mention it will be written off I think, it is far easier for insurers.

On a lighter note my insurance also offered a "Like for like" courtesy car, I've still not got my head around why they sent a Volkswagen Golf diesel!

I remember when a 16 ton truck came out of a side turning and tried to mount my Grand Cherokee Jeep I was offered like for like and got a 156 Alfa Romeo which had a 2.4 litre diesel engine which was the nearest they could get to my 4.7 litre jeep.

Crap car did not like.

Good luck Chris.

Mike

As you were not the one to blame, and will be claiming off HER insurance, her insurance company will have to put you in the same position as per pre accident. So they can either offer you a pay-out to buy another LS400 or they will have to repair your LS400 no matter what it costs. Not alot of folk know about the latter.

I think I'd have been close to belting her too.

So sorry to hear about your accident. I remember when some guy hit my ls430 in the rear. Insurers said they will give me a like for like car. They gave me the 2nd most wort Lexus ever made, the is220d. The first rubbish Lexus is obviously the is200. I swear i could feel every single bump. It was horrible.

As you were not the one to blame, and will be claiming off HER insurance, her insurance company will have to put you in the same position as per pre accident. So they can either offer you a pay-out to buy another LS400 or they will have to repair your LS400 no matter what it costs. Not alot of folk know about the latter.

I think I'd have been close to belting her too.

That latter is very interesting Dale V ,always thought that you only get book value and if what you say is correct it will take some of the anxiety out of everyones thoughts on losing their pride and joy to someone else's idiocy, especially Maduggo.We are all driving Lexus cars that mean a lot more to us than the money.I have considered taking out insurance if it were available that would cover the cost of reinstating my car to costs above market value should it be involved in a accident, the insurance companies want to write them off mainly because for them it is a win win situation they get a salvage return and bottom book payout (unless you argue and prove it was'nt).

Don't hold your breath on a like for like courtesy car ............... it won't happen ! The repairers simply don't hold like for like cars and it is they who have to somehow find a freebie for the Insurer to hand over to you.

I rejected my courtesy car ( a l.0 ltr something or other ), preferring the inconvenience of using my partners car instead.

But I did beat them up on write-off value ..... simply gave them the choice ( putting me back into the position I was at the time of the loss ) of finding me a replacement for my loss ( 18 months ago, a Mk2 40,000 mint miler ) or being sensible about the car's value to me. They paid me £2k.

Then I bought ACLex's Mk3 off here and it's wonderful !

Malc

It was similar for mine last year but I went one better.

Non fault accident, initially got involved with a "Claims Management Company" via my own insurer's who supplied the Golf Diesel but then got a call direct from the 3rd party insurer's.

Sacked the Claims Management Company, cancelled the "Hire Car" and dealt direct.

The 3rd party insurer's initially offered £1600.00 but that was upped to £2K over the phone plus £200.00 for not having a Hire Car then they added £1500.00 for Whiplash with no medical evidence (x2 as my Mother was also in the car).They offered this I didn't ask BTW.

I then asked about salvage as the car was deemed a Cat C but was relatively minor panel damage "You can keep the car we don't want it" came the response.

After trying to find another "Good One" I decided to have mine repaired at a local body shop which cost me £850.00 all in.

Probably rare to actually come out on top but in my case dealing directly in the old fashioned way paid off, I think the reason was it is cheaper for insurers to do this rather than have "Management Companies" and "Compensation Solicitors" fees costing more than the settlement to the injured party.

It was similar for mine last year but I went one better.

Non fault accident, initially got involved with a "Claims Management Company" via my own insurer's who supplied the Golf Diesel but then got a call direct from the 3rd party insurer's.

Sacked the Claims Management Company, cancelled the "Hire Car" and dealt direct.

The 3rd party insurer's initially offered £1600.00 but that was upped to £2K over the phone plus £200.00 for not having a Hire Car then they added £1500.00 for Whiplash with no medical evidence (x2 as my Mother was also in the car).They offered this I didn't ask BTW.

I then asked about salvage as the car was deemed a Cat C but was relatively minor panel damage "You can keep the car we don't want it" came the response.

After trying to find another "Good One" I decided to have mine repaired at a local body shop which cost me £850.00 all in.

Probably rare to actually come out on top but in my case dealing directly in the old fashioned way paid off, I think the reason was it is cheaper for insurers to do this rather than have "Management Companies" and "Compensation Solicitors" fees costing more than the settlement to the injured party.

This dealing with Insurance companies experience can be a real eye opener,When i had a slight rear ender with a fiat in the late 90s in my Mark 1 Ls400s the car was mint .I contacted Norwich Union as it was then and they told me to take the Lexus to a massive car repair company in Manchester The receptionist asked me to take it to the assesment area where a guy came out took a couple of photo's of the front of the car and went back in the building.

I then went back to reception and asked what was the next step.I then got a guy came out of his office and said a quick spray up and it would be fine.

I said no thanks and contacted Norwich union again pointed out that the front bumper was crazed and out of line and the crazing would show up through the spray up after a while.

I then got a senior female Claims Manager and I quote "We are not putting your ten year old banger back into new condition"

I had a short conversation with her but she did not realize that the telephone conversation was recorded at my end.I then contacted their Marketing ceo in London played him the tape.

The following day the head of the claims department agreed the car should be repaired by the local Lexus bodyshop it was and replacement front bumper was fitted at a cost of £3000 the cost of the quick repair that the claims department wanted £300 so it pays to fight your corner when dealing with the insurance companies whichever side they are on.

Sorry to hear about your mis fortune. Must have took a lot of self control not to give her a slap. Respect to you for that. If I'm in that situation I hope I can show the same level of restraint as you did.

As for Messi saying the IS200 is the worst Lexus ever... I'll have some of whatever you've been smoking pal, cos your away with the fairies! Lol.... :)

I think im comparing the is200 to the LS models and compared to the Ls models the is200 is rubbish. I had one, it was my first lexus, but never again.

Can't really compare the 2 cars. Not a fair comparison. LS is in a different class and from what I've read on here it is the quietest, smoothest car ever made :)

Any news on your pride and joy or the crazy woman Maduggo?

Sorry folks been sorting stuff out.

Well the Ls430 is not a scrapper iv'e been told by the repair shop. It is now waiting a quote for all the parts needed to repair the damage. And no i had not yet found the free time to get it LPG'd, was planning that for after Xmas was out the way.

The courtesy car is a ford modeo, my god it is a piece of automotive scrap, handles like a ***** on a river and has the looks of a screen crushed bug, the noise is awful, what they call a stereo is akin to an old amstrad music box. It rattles like a babies toybox. I could go on but you get my drift.

Iv'e spoken to the other car owner involved and her car needs some minor work although she says she's not bothered as it's an old car, but that's her choice i guess.

The good news is the baby involved is not hurt and now in care according to the police officer who came to my work earlier today, the woman however is now on remand as she had a warrent for her arrest anyway for a previous list of crimes as the officer called it.

The officer wanted some minor information regards the car and the incident which he was well happy with. He has seen the car and says it is not as bad as i feared, it was dark when it happened so i guess i thought it was worse than it actually is, and i was what you could call upset and angry. She has no insurance and her car was not taxed so that could cause some issue.

Sorry folks been sorting stuff out.

Well the Ls430 is not a scrapper iv'e been told by the repair shop. It is now waiting a quote for all the parts needed to repair the damage. And no i had not yet found the free time to get it LPG'd, was planning that for after Xmas was out the way.

The courtesy car is a ford modeo, my god it is a piece of automotive scrap, handles like a ***** on a river and has the looks of a screen crushed bug, the noise is awful, what they call a stereo is akin to an old amstrad music box. It rattles like a babies toybox. I could go on but you get my drift.

Iv'e spoken to the other car owner involved and her car needs some minor work although she says she's not bothered as it's an old car, but that's her choice i guess.

The good news is the baby involved is not hurt and now in care according to the police officer who came to my work earlier today, the woman however is now on remand as she had a warrent for her arrest anyway for a previous list of crimes as the officer called it.

The officer wanted some minor information regards the car and the incident which he was well happy with. He has seen the car and says it is not as bad as i feared, it was dark when it happened so i guess i thought it was worse than it actually is, and i was what you could call upset and angry. She has no insurance and her car was not taxed so that could cause some issue.

M.I.B. claim then. What did you do that was so wrong you were penalised with all this crap? Mike

Hi sorry to hear about your misfortune, Well done for keeping your cool. When getting it repaired bear in mind that Lexus have a special type of paint & the steel is a laminated affair (on the 400 anyway). I would want Lexus to deal with the repair as you will need new panels & matching paint.

M.I.B or uninsured losses body in my experience are pretty good & you should get a courtesy car from lexus while yours is in for repair Good luck Mark

Well some good news at last, the heap of crap ford mondeo is where it should be, nowhere near my house.

The Ls430 is now at Lexus for repairs after the insurance said it is ok to have it fixed, they haven't told me how much though yet.

I have a courtesy car, a little IS220, i'm not keen on it but then i have been spoilt with a Ls400 and then a Ls430, although the wife likes it.

Police have been in contact and have said baby is doing well with the foster carer, the so called mother is however still on remand after her arrest, she has many other charges against her and this is just one more episode of drunkeness against her as well as shoplifting and drugs abuse. Scares the crap out of me that she had a little baby involved in her life and was more concerned about herself.

Unfortunately it seems to be a very sad society that we live in & things don't look set to improve in the future.

Glad your pride & joy has gone to Lexus for repairs so should be as good as before when you get it back.

We're all relieved for you, Chris. I hate the thought that just about any damage to my Lex would write it off, but there you go... At the end of the day it's only a car (I suppose) - though I've never been so attached to any other I've owned.

So sorry to hear about your accident. I remember when some guy hit my ls430 in the rear. Insurers said they will give me a like for like car. They gave me the 2nd most wort Lexus ever made, the is220d. The first rubbish Lexus is obviously the is200. I swear i could feel every single bump. It was horrible.

If you think the IS is a bad car (I think it compares well with the BMW 3 series) , try the CT - See the CT forum for what I and others think of it!

Looks like the CT aint that good either, but saying that it can be as bad as the drive on an Lexus IS. Is200 and is220 etc etc is a proper rubbish car to drive. My Audi S4 drove better than that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links