Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cleaning My Rx400H Dusty Engine - All Those Electrics - Anyone Tried I

Another thing occurred to me was that I have driven through some mighty wet weather over the last 6 months and the under bonnet area was quite wet at times as a result but nothing untoward happened however having chatted to my Lexus man, Steve, who tells me that his Lexus mechs will not clean the engine except a dust off with a high pressure air line I will leave well alone in future.... :driving:

Toyota/Lexus normally use good electrical connectors which don't allow water in and as you say the engine bay will get wet from normal driving. I would avoid high pressure or steam, brush on an engine cleaner and then just use low pressure to wash off.

Just don't use any sprays if you're worried, I always used to give the engine bay a quick wipe round with an oily rag, or a rag with wd40 sprayed on it.

This gives a more natural look than the shiny sprays, whilst getting rid of the dust.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Although my Plexus aircraft windscreen/plastic interior cleaner is expensive it does a really good job and doesn't attract dust the way WD-40 does and it isn't

a shiny [car dealer engine glaze :-(] finish. :)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Although my Plexus aircraft windscreen/plastic interior cleaner is expensive it does a really good job and doesn't attract dust the way WD-40 does and it isn't

a shiny [car dealer engine glaze :-(] finish. :)

Sorry Beejay, I hadn't noticed the Plexus post was yours, and that you'd already sorted your problem.

Agreed about shiny finish underbonnet, always makes me suspicious on a car for sale.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links