Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx400H - Annoying Dash/sunlight Reflections

Now that we have some sun.......

I find the reflections in bright sunlight on the instrument panel top irritating and have cut a black velvet [good quality] pattern to match the area [from the drivers POV]

and bingo the screen is clear of annoying reflections........ little bits of blu-tac hold it in place

Well I used some matt cockpit cleaner and it is just as shiny. I used black velvet years ago and it worked so maybe I'll get another piece. The glare is distracting

Mike

No sun this morning in the Surrey Hills but you can see how much blacker the velvet is.

Drove to Old Sarum airfield yesterday via M3/A30 and returned via Kings Worthy/A31 and absolutely no

flickering reflections at any time.

post-45174-0-27177900-1370765249_thumb.p

Smoother, neater, better quality black velvet under construction this morning.........:)

Paul,

I have seen some extraordinary claims in other posts but the reason why it was above my normal results was a trip

to Old Sarum airfield via M3/A303/A30 was mostly done below 50 mph due to incredible traffic numbers. Return journey via Kings/Worthy

A31 was on mainly B roads and more 40/50 limits and traffic! Not much cruise control at 80 for me..... and if I had then my figures would have been

in the upper 20's. :) BJ

I was after some home made Watercress soup from a nearby watercress farm - West Lea??. The lady who

normally supplies it has changed her address and will be back in production soon. That Itchen spring water is so clear! The soup was very special IMHO.

The invitation is reciprocated if you are ever near The Sands/Runfold. lol

Sorry Guys but personally I would put up with the occassional glare (come on, we're England after all so not too many days to put up with) as I think the alternative looks hideous...sorry!

• Like 1

Sorry Guys but personally I would put up with the occassional glare (come on, we're England after all so not too many days to put up with) as I think the alternative looks hideous...sorry!

I have to say that having read this thread I looked for the glare complained of and could not find it. Having driven Mark 2 RXs since 2005 (RX300 and now RX400, each since new so I am aware how the dash board has been cleaned etc) the issue has never troubled me.

I go with TJB - the rag-like piece of cloth looks awful.

BMW/Volvo/Porsche/Honda/Toyota/Vauxhall/Ford/Kia/Lexus - you name it.

Add 'Annoying' to the google input and you get 1,000,480+

The Yanks actually market non reflective covers for Lexus Rx400h cars [and many others] but they are LHD oriented.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-RX-Models-CARPET-DASH-COVER-MAT-DASHBOARD-PAD-/120986248962?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2b57a702

I must say that I never had a problem with glare and had never thought of it until I read this thread.

Could it be caused by whatever cleaning stuff you use in your car that would contribute to making the dash more shiny than normal?

I tend not to use polish on mine... I stick to a damp, good quality microfibre cloth.

Might be worth trying a good quality cloth and some hot water first (maybe with a dash of washing up liquid) to get rid of previous layers of polish etc first...

Yes I've had my rx400 about 4months now and that reflection really is annoying.

It is so bad sometimes its like when you have a completely clear road in bright sunlight and you cant see a thing in front of you.

If they produce a sheet for the left hand version you'd think they would have enough common sense to do a right hand version.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links