Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Highest Odo And Average Tank Mpg Figures

Hello All,

I would be interested to know what is the highest figures IS250 users (mines an auto) have achieved for distance (Odo) on a tank of petrol and highest Tank Average MPG. I recently managed 465 miles with 6 litres still in the tank and a tank average high of 41.1 that fell to 38.4. Interestingly the tank average figure is rather optimistic after doing the maths needing 58.8 litres to the brim.

Cheers.

40 mpg on a trip from London to Glasgow - 80MPH mostly with cruise control

Get 28MPG around town. This is in London - Mainly stop and go traffic

Some spirited driving once in a fortnight to keep the engine clean and I swear I can see fuel tank drop a point every time I kick down. 18 MPG

Mine has averaged 36.1 since I've had it over the last 10k although the real average is 34 as the computer is optimistic. I find colder weather drops the average by a couple of mpg but running the climate control seems to have little effect on the fuel consumption so it's on all the time. You don't buy a 250 for fuel economy, you buy one because you can.

Mine has averaged 36.1 since I've had it over the last 10k although the real average is 34 as the computer is optimistic. I find colder weather drops the average by a couple of mpg but running the climate control seems to have little effect on the fuel consumption so it's on all the time. You don't buy a 250 for fuel economy, you buy one because you can.

Consumption isn't a big issue for me, I am aware that other cars get better figures but for the comfort, smoothness and overall pleasure the car gives me I feel it's a small price to pay.

Like you I also find the computer to be 2 mpg on the optimistic side when I've checked it brim to brim.

At the moment mine is showing an average of 38.8 and a tank average of 35.5. On motorway runs this summer I've seen the tank average build up to 44 mpg, this is at speeds of 65-75 mph.

I do virtually no city driving and very little town driving.

One of my main reasons for buying the IS is for the reliability, I know many BMW and Audi owners who boast about good fuel consumption and then have to.shell out on expensive bills for non service items. My original IS 200 did 67k in three years and never missed a beat I hope the 250 follows in its footsteps.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

21mpg-23mpg around town!!! Same here.. not the best as I read others get but I really enjoying it! ! Owned for 2weeks now so I'm newby. I even add some diesel additive and also oil additive just listening to other guys in this forum ( it'll make a mpg difference) but none so far. Hope someone will come up with a smart way to get better mpg :-d

..otherwise I enjoy the ride anyway. Peace.

• 8 years later...

20 minutes ago, LIJO151 said:

I must have a heavy foot, as I'm getting 24-25mpg.

Only had the car since 04/12/2021

Don't beat yourself up John, I haven't stretched my IS's legs for weeks 🙄 !

Not seen a clear length of A-road let alone a motorway for a long while and it's no more than 25-26mpg for me 🤷‍♂️ !

Note to self ... must get out more! 😜

• Like 1

Two images of mileage i had out of my first 2007 IS 250 and this was after replacing O2 sensors, a complete service (oil and filters with brake caliper service also) and a good engine clean (MAF etc) with fairly new tyres on the car. So the 540 mileage was taking it to the extreme and i would never do that usually but was just curious at the time as to the differences in fuel types and mileage comparisons, knowing the car was pretty much, as servicing goes, all good. ( I am sure it was on around 80k miles approx at the time) I was using the V-Power fuel from Shell at the time to see if there was a difference in the two types of unleaded ...  the second picture was pretty average mileage on 95 ron so the difference was quite substantial with a difference of around 80 miles per tank ...

540 miles.jpg

IMAG0819.jpg

RON95 E10 is a no go now for IS250 at least for my model 2007 according to “government  site” But it’s good to know that RON99 makes a difference to MPG even when offset by the higher price. 
Im wondering if I should go ahead with that carbon clean. I am still not sure if this service is actually a gimmick or something that will truly help the engine in the long run. It’s below £100 to get it done so might be worth it.  

1 hour ago, Tom777 said:

RON95 E10 is a no go now for IS250 at least for my model 2007 according to “government  site” But it’s good to know that RON99 makes a difference to MPG even when offset by the higher price. 
Im wondering if I should go ahead with that carbon clean. I am still not sure if this service is actually a gimmick or something that will truly help the engine in the long run. It’s below £100 to get it done so might be worth it.  

I'd say its worth a go at that price...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links