Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calculate You 1/4 Mile Times

Stock IS300 making 211bhp & weighing in at a lardy 4310lbs (total gross vehicle weight according to Lexus) equals...... wait for it, wait for it

16.78s (tadaaaa!!) :yawn::sleeping::sleeping:

Now, if I put the figures in for the bike - that's a sprightly 458lbs and 143bhp at the crank, that's a ¼mile time of just

9.05s :whistling::lol:

so the IS300 is 700lbs heavier than the GS300??

sounds a tad odd to me....

ps. has the calculator changed since last night cos I just put mine in again and it had knocked .7 second off.... oh *****. let me just check I didn't put it at the wheels instead of the crank... :yawn:

I'd have thought the GS would have been heavier. Looked on Lexus website for IS300 weights. Gives kerb weight of 1500Kg (min) 1580Kg (max) and a gross vehicle weight (total) of 1955Kg. Then 1955 x 2.2 = 4310lbs ... seems a lot!

Web site gives the GS300 SE/Sport a gross vehicle weight of 2120Kg (4673lbs) - that's without the NOS bottle of course :whistling: :winky:

think the gross figure is fully laden with numbnutts and all their kit in the boot... you don't do standing quarters with a full car. And Yes, I'll add 24lbs for the full noz bottle. but really it should measure 22.5 lbs by the end of the run. how do I factor that in...

Not sure how much the fuel that I will use, wieghs...

Ok, lemme see now - I need to shift about 400Kgs

- Run with a nearly empty tank

- Take the spare wheel, jack, satnav unit, etc. out the boot

- Empty the glovebox

- Take the cushions off the back seat :whistling:

- Take all the CDs out of the CD changer

- Take out the mats

- Empty the washer bottle

Oh yes, and get someone more sylph-like to drive it - that'd probably save 50Kg alone :lol::lol:

...am I there yet? :winky:

14.91 secs with an estimated 220bhp at th flywheel

new_blowingup.gif

now i reckon that sat nav must add weight, and those body kit items

:lol::lol::lol:

now i just need to get rid of wifey :whistling:

lego-rally.gif

The wifey can be your co driver Bazza

I was estimating my bhp, haven't got a clue what it really is :lol:

So, An Is would need 730at the crank to do a 10.0second standing quarter

I know PowerHouseRacing in the US tuned a Toyota Supra which developed 1050 bhp (cannot remember if that was at the wheels or fly) and clocked 8.98seconds @ 154.1mph for 1/4 mile. FYI that didn't have sat nav!

heres how you can save weight...i did it for the race rover...all weights approximate

.........................................Rover.......................Lexus(approx)

remove seats....................90kg...........................90kg

remove carpet...................70kg...........................90kg

remove sound dedening....20kg...........................30kg

remove spare wheel...........15kg...........................15kg

remove all inside trim..........35kg...........................35kg

strip dash(radio etc)...........7kg..............................9kg

remove headlining/sunroof..12kg...........................15kg

remove underseal................50kg!!!.......................50kg

remove un-used electrics.....8kg.............................10kg

bumper reinforcements.........0................................5kg

...........................................307kg...........................349kg

add 5kg for seam welding, 30 kg for a roll cage, and 10kg for a race seat.........

now whats the ET times

Horsepower Based On 1/4-Mile E.T.

Your gs300 which weighs about 3652 pounds should complete the 1/4-Mile in about 9.99 seconds, if you can produce about 723.97 HP at the wheels, or about 941.16 HP at the flywheel.

O.k so where do i start... Lol . by squeezing a M.I.G jet engine in might just do it....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links