Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Buy Tyres Online

SteveTaz

Hi guys,

I've just been pricing tyres last week. Searched the internet for Dunlop SP9000's and got price down to £103. Then I would need to get it fitted, balanced etc. I then rang round all my local tyre centres (all of which guarantee to beat everyone else).

Here's the best bit. Ended up getting1 Dunlop SP9000 balanced, fitted, valve for.......

£85!! :D :D

Happy Days.

Gold members can get tyres at an excellent discount

see here for details

I got my Proxes from them for £93 a corner - this INCLUDED the VAT and delivery.

The savings on these tyres alone were more than the cost of my annual gold subscription. B)

They quoted me the same price as on their website (ie no discount).

By comparison, mtyres did F1s for £94 each all-in.

wemt to look at tyres yestarday as the last numpty installed cheap budget tyres and wanted something better quality.

I said" how much for Toyo Proxies"

"you already have budget tyres sir"

"but you must have heard me wrong.. i want a price on Toyo Proxies"

"sir.. like i said.. you already have budget tyres"

"err ok... did not realise they were that pants"

Here's the best bit. Ended up getting1 Dunlop SP9000 balanced, fitted, valve for.......

£85!! :D  :D

Happy Days.

That's a great price.... ;)

Where from... :shifty:

There is a local chain here in Herts called Formula 1. Every time you ring them for a quote they finish off by saying, "If you're ringing round, we'll beat any other local price". Their first price was £125.

So I carried on ringing round, (knocking off a few quid as I went, like ya do), ended up with £90. Rang Formual 1 back, and sure as eggs is eggs, they beat it - £85 - voila.

Mind you, da guv'nor popped his head in the waiting room door, quizin' me about the price they had to beat. Returned 2 mins later saying he'd rang said tyre centre and they'd quoted him £112. Thinking quickly, I said, "Thats what they quoted me too, until I said I'd had a better price."

And the rest, as they say is history. :P

"but you must have heard me wrong.. i want a price on Toyo Proxies"

"sir.. like i said.. you already have budget tyres"

Idiot! The Proxes T1-S are standard fitment on TVR Tuscan S! Toyos are also standard fitment on Lexus ES300, RX300 and Toyota RAV4.

They are not a budget tyre they are just good value for money compared to other manufactures.

:excl::excl::excl: IMPORTANT :excl::excl::excl:

****** DUNLOP SPORT SP9000 *******

The dunlops that came on the IS200 from new are made in japan (look on the sidewall), most aftermarket tyre centres stock the EXACT same tyre (dunlop sport sp9000) but in fact these are made in germany and LOOK CRAP !!

The BIG letdown is the rim protector :crying: it is FLUSH with the rim :ohmy: therefore kerbing the alloys will happen :yack:

I got caught out with this, NEVER AGAIN :angry:

I shall try and source japanesse ones next time :)

:excl::excl::excl: IMPORTANT :excl::excl::excl:

****** DUNLOP SPORT SP9000 *******

The dunlops that came on the IS200 from new are made in japan (look on the sidewall), most aftermarket tyre centres stock the EXACT same tyre (dunlop sport sp9000) but in fact these are made in germany and LOOK CRAP !!

The BIG letdown is the rim protector :crying: it is FLUSH with the rim :ohmy: therefore kerbing the alloys will happen :yack:

I got caught out with this, NEVER AGAIN :angry:

I shall try and source japanesse ones next time :)

my new ones have double rim protection,they were the only ones i could get,they must be the jap ones :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links