Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyre Choices For Is300 With 18 Inch Wheels

eddiea1

are the pirellis that come with the UK IS300 with the styling kit the best choice? I ask because in the few weeks Ive had the

car Ive had a couple of punctures and had to replace the tyres at £175 each.....

just wondered.... :whistling:

i always try to keep with the same tyres the cars are supplied with,i say they are tested to suit the car

There is always a cost element involved in OEM parts and therefore you can normally find better. The OEM tyres fitted to the GS for example do a good job but there are several different ones that are better, and look at the rubbish they first fitted to the SC430.

I think you paid too much @ £175 each. Try Bracknell tyre and Battery for a quote to see if the price is competitive, they are one of the cheapest I have found - 01344 411323.

If you want a tyre that's as good as the Pirelli but you want to save some money then have a look at the Toyo Proxes T1-S

Ran Bridgestone SO3's on the Nissan 200SX - fantastic in the dry, absolute sh!te in the wet :duh: Still got the OEM tyres on the 300 but will probably try these Toyo Proxes when I come to change them.

Very strange as the SO-3 are one, if not the best, in the wet. All the reviews I have seen confirm this and they were outstanding on my Supra in wet and dry. Too noisy for a Lexus though.

Yokos are normally good. Wear can be a problem on some models and wet performance is normally their weak point.

The Nissan started it's life with the Potenza's predecessors. I decided to go with S03's all round when the rears went, as I'd heard good reports about them & my tyre supplier said they were one of the best (and he did me a deal at £84 per tyre)!

Agreed, brand new they were very positive in the wet, but at around 5mm they went off really quick! At that depth, I'd still expect reasonably good performance, but fishtailing out of roundabouts in the wet became the norm. Ended up having to pussyfoot around in the rain for months, getting burned off by Vectra's when coming off roundabouts :( Had the supplier check everything out, but he couldn't find anything wrong.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links