Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mods (where To Start)

brockley_joka

I'd say, start with a back-box, give you a nice grumble, and free up the engine a little.

Then, if your after peformance, fit an induction kit, the combo of exhaust & induction will give you the best bang for your buck in the beginning..

If your after improving the handling, then get Eibach springs...

The rest all depends on how much you want to spend...

alloys, bodykit... ECU, strut braces, anti-roll bars, supercharger...

Hi and welcome to the club! :)

Make sure you get some piccies of your motor up for us to have a look at... :D

There are a number of things you can do to your IS200 now. The range of modifications has grown considerably over the last couple of years.

It would help us with the advice we offer if you could tell us:

- What is your budget (£200 for springs, £1200 for Coilovers)?

- What mods are you after: performance/styling?

- What have you seen/read aboput on this site that you need more info on (anything specific)?

- What is your ultimate goal (a good looking car, a fast car, a great handling car - all 3?)?

As Ian mentioned, Exhaust, springs, ECU, induction, charger, alloys, kits etc are all options that are available to you.

Take a look at the signatures of the cars tuned by Fargo, GRiM, Bazza, SteveAudioX, DaveEllan, ChrisShipley and soon to be done cars by SuperchargedIS340 and SiSkippy for some ideas.

Look forward to helping you further mate (along the slippery slope of tuning....)! ;)

Zee. :zee:

p.s. Consider GOLD membership for £25 if you are serious about tuning - it will save you shed loads in the long run.... that's a promise.... :winky:

and a mechano spoiler and LED washer nozzles :P ....... but as Zee said look at the signatures at the bottom of various members, some have hotlinks ot pics, certainly this is were i started to get some ideas and find out what the hell some items are.. and feel free to ask questions..

thanks guys,

i'll get an exhaust first...any ideas, i want something that has got a nice sound to it but isn't going to drive me mad on the motorway.

any ideas on what the best induction kit is?????

ps. thanks for the advice on the dice LOZ but i think i'll give them a miss.......not my style. :huh:

cheers

well your gona get everyones personel choice on the mods i think,

Personally i went for the HKS Superdrager II, this is quiter than the the HKS hiper muffler but still has a distinctive rumble..

Again personally i find that the best note that this exhaust produces is at low end revs and it evens off when the revs pick up at around 4500ish. which i find perfect as i dont want a horrible drone in my ear when cruising on the motorways.

As for he induction kit, before i got the supercharger i had the Tdi induction kit. and it just so happens that i have one of these for sale.

My suggestion is to go for a HKS exhaust - either the Hiper or Dragger. Both are excellent.

And then save your pennies and buy a supercharger because, no matter what you do, I think you'll wished you would have saved your money for the big power (I certainly did having gone down the Induction route).

If you don;t want forced induction, then Fargo's purchase, plus an ECU will give you 25 odd BHP gains....

Let us know what your thoughts are.

cheers fellas,

so how much will an HKS exhaust set me back??

fargo how much is your induction kit goin 4? :whistling:

have u got any information on where to buy an HKS exhaust, web site links etc.

zee i'll think i will leave the supercharger alone for a while coz im only 22 and my insurance is already high :crybaby:

bazza i come from brockley in south east london

cheers fellas,

so how much will an HKS exhaust set me back??

fargo how much is your induction kit goin 4? :whistling:

have u got any information on where to buy an HKS exhaust, web site links etc.

zee i'll think i will leave the supercharger alone for a while coz im only 22 and my insurance is already high :crybaby:

bazza i come from brockley in south east london

check out TDI there website is on a banner at the top of the page

if you have any queries im sure mark (tdi) will help you out

nice to see the southerners are amassing

i know brockley quite well

im from the other side of croydon

Welcome to the CLUB...

As Zee " Top Bling" has mentioned... Check out the sig's You get loads of ideas.. But still remaining individual of course.

Also Fill in the INTRODUCTIONS... So we can know more about ya.. :)

And Book your self into the LOC Cruise coming up :excl:

Sure we'll all be happy to meet ya...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links