Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I was over with my mechanic today to sort out something with a car we might buy for the kids, when guess who turned up? Tom, from this parish, with his lovely dark blue LS400! It was great to see him and his car is looking beautiful.

It was a bittersweet moment as my LS died a few months ago and I replaced it with a lovely little '92 reg MX5 for the summer. But I'm thinking of going to look at this GS430 tomorrow:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407035518179/sort/locasc/usedcars/model/gs/postcode/cw113zb/seller-type/private_adverts/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/price-to/4500/radius/1500/page/1/make/lexus?logcode=p

What do you reckon to that? Looks quite nice to me.

Nice to see you back on here!

Thank you. It's been busy but the mx5 has been brilliant but it ain't a Lexus! Thinking about another LS or perhaps this GS if it nice for the autumn/winter. Seeing Tom's car just took me right back to the first time I saw the LS that I bought. Fantastic cars (but you all know that!).

Good to have you back. The car looks great, Private sale as well and looks and sounds as though it has been really well looked after. Good luck with it. Mike

Apparently the GS is quite a bit noisier than the Ls

I've read that too, but surely all relative? After all, you can hardly hear an LS anyway so its a low baseline!

Good to have you back. The car looks great, Private sale as well and looks and sounds as though it has been really well looked after. Good luck with it. Mike

Thanks Mike. I've left messages but will phone this morning. Hopefully it is still available and I can go and have a look today. It's beautiful here in south Cheshire.

If you go for a test drive and/or buy it, I would be interested to know how the GS430 compares on comfort and refinement.

I assume that Lexus would deliberately keep some extra refinement in reserve for the LS - to avoid undermining sales.

If you go for a test drive and/or buy it, I would be interested to know how the GS430 compares on comfort and refinement.

I assume that Lexus would deliberately keep some extra refinement in reserve for the LS - to avoid undermining sales.

I'm fairly sure that they were aimed at different segments of the market and at different price points too. I've read about that somewhere but can't remember where! I will certainly report back if I get to view the car today.

welcome back ....... just a short time then before you re-join with another Lexus .......... even if it's not this specific one :driving:

Malc

It was good to see Jonathan again. I was taking my car in for an MOT. which it failed on, something to do with the brakes. Nothing to much to worry about. I would stick with the LS, but that's just my view.

That particular GS looks nice but have never really done it for me. I can't imagine not having my LS! If something happend to her (I am clinging to my wooden desk in the hope that never happens!) I am sure I would look for another.

Crikey, my experience of about 5 years ago with MX5 was great so as the road was smooth as a baby's bottom, though wind in hair was certainly different to have a hard top.

Be interested in comments on the GS, which looks like a nice one. Always fancied a GS, and when out in one a while ago, noticed handling was firmer, and noise a bit more, but there was not much in it, though it looks like a slipperier car, so wonder if at higher speeds it is a bit quieter or not.

Fingers crossed that it is the car for you

Sadly not. Despite leaving numerous messages on Saturday, by the time I spoke to the owner after work he had sold it. So, still on the look out for an LS or GS. I did see another very nice GS430 today. Just need to decide whether that will suit me instead of an LS400.

You will notice a difference in the GS to a LS... I was always going to get myself a ls460 a couple of years ago A UPGRADE FROM MY LS400 and at last minute changed my mind and went for a minted GS450h ..... Nothing wrong with it comfort was 95% like a LS , speed n acceleration and drive was about the same but what kept going thru my head was this isn't as LS ... So 2yrs later had to return to LS fold ....was happy with the GS but am much much happier in the LS .... Ok so I went straight for the 600 this time but it's a LS and happier than a herd of pigs in (their own muck) lol

• Like 3

You will notice a difference in the GS to a LS... I was always going to get myself a ls460 a couple of years ago A UPGRADE FROM MY LS400 and at last minute changed my mind and went for a minted GS450h ..... Nothing wrong with it comfort was 95% like a LS , speed n acceleration and drive was about the same but what kept going thru my head was this isn't as LS ... So 2yrs later had to return to LS fold ....was happy with the GS but am much much happier in the LS .... Ok so I went straight for the 600 this time but it's a LS and happier than a herd of pigs in (their own muck) lol

Thanks for your feedback. That's really useful. I've not driven a GS300 or GS430 but it would be fun to do so. If there are any members in the south Cheshire region who own one of these it would be great to meet up? Coffee and a warm welcome in return!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links