Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning people.

Apparently Toyota/Lexus have issued a recall for a large number (1.7M or so) vehicles including IS models for a possible brake master cylinder defect and a possible fuel delivery pipe defect. If you're registered as the owner with Lexus they will presumably contact you directly in due course.

I don't think there's anything to be worried about in the short term, but you can check if your car is affected here: http://www.lexus-tech.eu/

You have to register (free) then follow 'Owner' then 'Campaign Information' on the drop down menu.

Enter your VIN and the page will tell you if there's a current campaign affecting you.

The recall is being reported by the BBC here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29625734

and says, inter alia,:

In another set of recalls announced at the same time, Toyota said 759,000 vehicles globally had a faulty fuel delivery pipe system which could result in a leak and increased the risk of the vehicle catching fire.

The fuel pipe issue applies to various Lexus models manufactured between January 2005 and September 2010.

This fuel delivery pipe problem affects about 423,000 vehicles in the US, 240,000 cars in Japan and nearly 70,000 vehicles in Europe and the Middle East combined, including 9,637 UK-registered cars.

What does this mean when I enter VIN:

20/04/2011
certain Lexus, Highlander, Avalon: Rubber Cup Brake Master Cylinder replacement
This European safety campaign has been applied to this vehicle.
Completed
ZKBA-084

20/04/2011
Completed
ZKBA-084

it means the following recall has been completed:

http://media.toyota.co.uk/2010/10/lexus-announces-voluntary-recalls-in-the-uk/

Thank you

20/04/2011
Completed
ZKBA-084

it means the following recall has been completed:

http://media.toyota.co.uk/2010/10/lexus-announces-voluntary-recalls-in-the-uk/

Thank you

We are pleased to confirm that your Lexus is not affected by any voluntary customer
service campaigns or outstanding safety recalls and no further action is required.

Boooooooo!!

I don't find any freebies especially when it comes from the Dealer themselves lol

We have identified that your Lexus is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

Oooo eck.....looks like I'm one of the lucky ones then. Think I'll opt for the V8 5Ltr upgrade to bring it up to ISF spec :shifty:

• Like 2

We are pleased to confirm that your Lexus is not affected by any voluntary customer

service campaigns or outstanding safety recalls and no further action is required.

Boooooooo!!

I don't find any freebies especially when it comes from the Dealer themselves lol

I also get no freebies :(

Is this basically the same recall for the same fault that was in the 2006-2007 IS 250? I'm guessing that the supplier of the master cylinder has found that more of their cylinders were affected than first though?

I'm finding it hard to understand how some 2007 IS250 models are effected and others are not.

@Pedrofromredro - is your 250 a manual or auto? Mines an auto and supposedly is not effected but is a 2007 250...

I guess it depends on exact build date - it could be that these later cars are for the fuel delivery pipe - or maybe another batch of fauly brake master cylinder parts came in after the earler recalled lot. Or maybe some cars have already been fixed, perhaps during a service with a previous owner

I think the .eu site linked in my original post may tell you which recall(s) is/are outstanding for a particular car?

(Mine is not subject to recall - reg Apr 2006 - I think built Dec 2005)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links