Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Frustrated - Will My Car Ever Arrive?

I ordered a new IS300h F sport in July for delivery on 25th Nov. It's a company car and I wanted it to fit in with the end of my current car lease (Honda CRZ hybrid). Last week I checked we were still on target - but no: "it won't be ready until the end of the week" Then on Monday "it wont be ready until the 5th Dec" and yesterday I got this "We regret to advise you that the previously advised delivery date for your car has been changed to 13-12-14. Reason for delay: factory delay, vehicle delay in transit.

I'm not impressed. Add that to the 15 minute test drive I got from Lexus I'm failing to see why people say their service is better than other manufacturers.

I ordered a new IS300h F sport in July for delivery on 25th Nov. It's a company car and I wanted it to fit in with the end of my current car lease (Honda CRZ hybrid). Last week I checked we were still on target - but no: "it won't be ready until the end of the week" Then on Monday "it wont be ready until the 5th Dec" and yesterday I got this "We regret to advise you that the previously advised delivery date for your car has been changed to 13-12-14. Reason for delay: factory delay, vehicle delay in transit.

I'm not impressed. Add that to the 15 minute test drive I got from Lexus I'm failing to see why people say their service is better than other manufacturers.

Cant see why you cant go in and make a scene. Say youre not happy, let them know that you want free servicing for 3 years or whatever you fancy etc etc

Cant see why you cant go in and make a scene. Say youre not happy, let them know that you want free servicing for 3 years or whatever you fancy etc etc

Or tell them your cars going back so you'll just have to have their demo until yours arrives.

Could be worse, could have turned up battered and dirty like mine !!

Although, TBF, that was the delivery company and not the dealer. The dealer was horrified when I spoke to them.

As for local dealers, I went to Lexus Birmingham and they loaned me a brand new F Sport for 2 days for a test drive. You can't say fairer than that, I just wish the leasing company had used them as the supplying dealer.

My 15 plate on 01/03/15 seems a very long way off !!

Are you dealing direct with the dealer or via a lease company?

I'm with Lex and yet local dealers couldn't have been better, I had back to back 24hr test drives of an IS and a GS, then Lex sorted me a 3 day test of an IS as well.

Mine was order in March, wasn't delivered till 29th July.

Thanks for the comments.

The problem is that my relationship is with the lease company, not the dealer. In fact I have no idea who the dealer is. My current lease car, Honda CRZ, was 6 months late (remember the Tsunami in Japan? apparently lots of factories that made bits for Honda's were badly affected). I get that and didn't have a problem with it. But this shifting of the delivery date at the last minute just smacks of poor management somewhere along the line or maybe it was ready, got damaged and they have had to fix it. (hope not)

I'm sure it will arrive at some point - Ill let you know, It had better be perfect!!

It shouldn't matter who your relationship is with. Mine was with the lease company too, I was upfront with the dealer about it and whilst they did ask if I could influence the ordering dealer with the lease company, which I did ask about, I was honest and said I didn't think it was possible.

I spoke to Leicester and Derby dealers ( both Sytner i think) and Lex ordered with Bradford (RRG Group).

Leics will get all the service business though and you never know I may order a private car from them sometime if it the experience is good, which it has been so far!

As an aside I found Lexus dealers the most agnostic about the lease experience. Local BmW, Merc and Audi dealers didnt want to even talk to me once they found out I was a Lex company car user! No chance of a test drive, or even some basic info.

Car will be along soon and then you'll forget about how long a wait it was.

Update: my car is being delivered to my home tomorrow morning. Hurrah.

it's an F Sport, ultra blue, rose interior, AVS and premier Nav.

My colour choice has been the subject of some serious mickey taking at work. " A blue car with a red interior - what were you thinking"

As I have never actually seen one with the Superman livery (blue cape - red undercrackers) I hope the reality is as good as I think it will be and silences my critics. If not it's only 3 years until it goes....

My colour choice has been the subject of some serious mickey taking at work. " A blue car with a red interior - what were you thinking"

As I have never actually seen one with the Superman livery (blue cape - red undercrackers) I hope the reality is as good as I think it will be and silences my critics. If not it's only 3 years until it goes....

I reckon you'll shut the critics up no problem.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

fraid so its a bit like a camouflage vehicle at the mo...you know under wraps lol

So long as you know the rules, 'without pics it didn't happen' lol

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Well done on spec (same as mine) and colour combo. I couldn't convince the wife that Superman colours was acceptable, only just got away with Rose interior, which she now rather likes - go figure!

You will love it!

Car arrived at 18:00 last night, apparently the delivery wagon was stuck for hours on the M25 (no surprise there). Wife had planned a day out today - horsey stuff so we went in the 4x4. It'll be tomorrow before I see my new IS in daylight and take it for a drive.

I've attached a couple of photo's of my new IS. I'm sure you've all seen one before but I know I couldn't find a picture of an Ultra Blue with rose interior so I thought I'd share.

post-52041-0-25728400-1417983035_thumb.j

post-52041-0-41023200-1417983066_thumb.j

post-52041-0-28672600-1417983089_thumb.j

Nay worries

You only have to click on a pic to open it right up

If you changed the size of the uploaded pic you'd see it all.

Nice looking motor. The Red, White and Blue versions are very distinctive colours these days.

Beautiful colour, I'd love one like that myself, The interior looks fab too, the only thing that I don't like is the dark wheels, but hey that's just my opinion, each to their own eh!

Is that colour available across the range or just for the F-Sport?

The colour, both the Ultra Blue body and the rose interior are only available on the F sport model.

The office fashionista's have all had a look and given it a very positive report. The blue is universally liked but the rose interior gets more of a mixed review. Not that they don't like it but some say that it doesn't go with the blue bodywork. But as they invariably drive boring boxes with black velour seats I don't think they are in any position to criticise.

Although I've had the car for almost a week SWMBO has yet to see it and give her opinion. She has complained about every other company car I've had and I'm looking forward to her reaction to the IS which I think may break the trend and be positive.

But, I really don't care what anyone thinks - I love it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links