Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I'm seriously thinking of going for this car , sending this from my phone I can't see the correct link, but if you put in, 2006 Lexus LS430 Auto Bronze Gas Bi fuel LPG.

That will take you to the eBay advert.

There's bound to be someone on this forum that knows the full history of this car.

I'll wait for the words of wisdom !

there appears to be a parking sensor missing

the steering motors are most likely not working as the steering looks stuck in a down position with the ignition off

the rear view camera is sticking out - its not normally like that

one of the nuts on the rear wheel looks to be missing

i would ask the above aswell as the normally service history/cambelt questions

why do you want to change?

First of all this guy is a dealer.

Hes asking £6000 for a car which he can barely put a dozen lines together on it most of which dont tell you anything.

Absolutely no mention of service history.

LPG system needs a service means it aint working properly and that alone would make not even want to see the car. Getting someone to sort someone elses LPG install will be a nightmare and it would be cheaper to rip the old one out and reinstall.

Leave this one for someone else. There are better cars out there than this one. Mike.

Thanks guys,

He does say in the advert that he has full service history, the car is going in next week for an LPG system service and then a cam belt change.

I have asked if there is anything about the car that would put me off if I went to see it , no reply to that question yet.

Why change ?

My car has a few faults that I have lived with so far, front parking sensors don't work , but more ominously, my suspension pump is fibrillating intermittently, an expensive job to undertake.

I wonder who will be doing the cambelt change? Obviously lexus wont do it because it's lpg converted. I mean he is a trader so he will be getting an independent to do the cambelt change, so my question would be, is he going to be using genuine lexus parts and if so ask to see the receipt for it, and also this car has been for sale on gumtree for sometime, I wonder why it hasn't sold yet?

Looked at this a few weeks ago. Was considering until I thought about it for the same reasons above. Believe me any car with LPG issues is definetely a huge problem as I learnt this the hard way from my years of experience with LPG.

Even if you knocked him down £1000 with the LPG issue, I gurantee that it will cost you more to put it right and that is not considering the other factors...

Verdict stay clear unless the issues and genuine parts been used. As what Mike said above

1) Engine-gearbox-brakes-suspension etc..

2) Interior

3) Exterior

Whenever i am looking to buy a car, i can allow for problems in one of these categories. If there is some suspension problems for example, but the interior and paintwork is mint- i see no problem completing the deal if the price is right.

However if in addition, some of the electrics do not work, seats worn and dirty, dents and scratches etc.. i walk.

• Like 1

I live a 2 miles from Accrington. Would you like me assist you with this ie check it out for you and give you an honest opinion. I am not an expert in motor mechanic but i have experience owning a few LPG cars and own an LS400 and done 82,000 miles in it.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for that kind offer.

His last communication to me was that he's moving the car to London where he lives.

He never did answer my question , is there anything about the car that would put me off buying it ?

So, frankly, I've gone off the idea.

Thank you very much for that kind offer.

His last communication to me was that he's moving the car to London where he lives.

He never did answer my question , is there anything about the car that would put me off buying it ?

So, frankly, I've gone off the idea.

Very wise. Mike

• 1 month later...

I'm seriously thinking of going for this car , sending this from my phone I can't see the correct link, but if you put in, 2006 Lexus LS430 Auto Bronze Gas Bi fuel LPG.

That will take you to the EBay advert.

There's bound to be someone on this forum that knows the full history of this car.

I'll wait for the words of wisdom !

I am surprised you showed no interest in my car which I posted some time ago, but fancied this which is not a patch on it.

All you need to know about my car is on this forum with photos and I have sold another Ls to a member Who is very happy with it.

So may I ask why no interest in my car? William

• Like 1

William, my apologies for not seeing your post before today , and a second apology for not noticing that you were selling a Lexus.

Have you sold the car now ?

I still have the car as apart for offering it in this forum , I have not tried to sell it. I must say however I did expect more interest in it from from members here. I suggest you check out my posts and photos. William
  • Like 1

Thanks for contacting me, I have trawled through your posts about the Lexus and briefly saw some photographs showing an LPG filler point next to the petrol cap.

Can I find your original post to sell the car ? Not a chance. Perhaps it's because I'm accessing the site via my phone.

Can I trouble you for the details of the car ?

Best regards, Ron.

Thanks for contacting me, I have trawled through your posts about the Lexus and briefly saw some photographs showing an LPG filler point next to the petrol cap.

Can I find your original post to sell the car ? Not a chance. Perhaps it's because I'm accessing the site via my phone.

Can I trouble you for the details of the car ?

Best regards, Ron.

Here's the relevant thread Ron

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/95674-any-member-interested-in-my-2005-wrapped-430-ls/

William, each time I try to contact you by replying to your mail it's bounced back to me as a "no reply" forum email.

Do you want to send me your email address to,

Ron.myers47@Gmail.com and I'll contact you directly.

Cheers.

William, each time I try to contact you by replying to your mail it's bounced back to me as a "no reply" forum email.

Do you want to send me your email address to,

Ron.myers47@Gmail.com and I'll contact you directly.

Cheers.

Hello Ron I don't know why emails are rebounding I will contact you at address provided. I would say before you get to excited my car is not LPG converted, I am not sure what you saw that looks like a filler, but sorry no LPG. William

Today I tried to advance my plan to buy an LS430 by going to the local Lexus dealer. I knew they didn't have an LS430, but I thought I would sit in their one LS460. Good news - plenty of headroom for my large frame (6' 5", long in the body). Bad news - it didn't have a sunroof, so I still don't know if a car like Bilmac's sparkler will fit me. The nearest LS430 I can find for sale is 70 miles away. Grrr! Back to the drawing board.

Today I tried to advance my plan to buy an LS430 by going to the local Lexus dealer. I knew they didn't have an LS430, but I thought I would sit in their one LS460. Good news - plenty of headroom for my large frame (6' 5", long in the body). Bad news - it didn't have a sunroof, so I still don't know if a car like Bilmac's sparkler will fit me. The nearest LS430 I can find for sale is 70 miles away. Grrr! Back to the drawing board.

Jon,

In my experience a sunroof will;

*lower the amount of internal headroon, and

*go wrong.

Air conditioning is superior and does not allow your head or skin to be burnt.

As for not wanting to travel a distance to view the car you might want...........................................................................................you should be prepared to go to the ends of the earth !!

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links