Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Screenwash

aido

Fellas, how long does your screen wash last this time of year?

Only filled mine up three days ago and it's already gone..

I know the roads are bad but it shouldnt be that bad right?

Have I probably got a leak (can't see anything on the floor when I check??)

Must be something wrong if it only lasted three days - you should get several months.

How much fluid are you putting in?

Are you sure it's really empty and not just that the fluid has frozen in the nozzels? Even with quite concentrated screen wash the chilling effect of the wind when travelling at speed can cause the water in the nozels to freeze up.

How much fluid are you putting in?

Are you sure it's really empty and not just that the fluid has frozen in the nozzels? Even with quite concentrated screen wash the chilling effect of the wind when travelling at speed can cause the water in the nozels to freeze up.

Don't think so, I was using it at night time and it had been working but was getting weaker and weaker so I don't think it was frozen at the time, put more water in and it was alright...

I've put another 2 litres in now with some of the RainX additive so will see how long that lasts...

What sort of mixture do you guys put in at this time of year as maybe it's too weak like you say?

Thanks for the reply

I've put another 2 litres in now with some of the RainX additive so will see how long that lasts...

Feck me she's empty again - I think my car likes to drink as much as I do :)

Filled it up (again) and if it runs out quick she's off to the dealers for an inspection....

Hopefully the used warranty will cover this (only had it 10 weeks now!)

Wait until it appears to run out, then completely fill the washer system making a note of how much water it takes. Leave for a few hours/days without using the washers. Then get a couple of funnels & rubber hoses that feed into a large container. Position the two funnels to catch the water from each washer jet. Press the washer button until the system appears empty again. Measure the water in the container. Hey presto! :winky:

Handy tip - If you ever run out of washer fluid, drive behind a Fiat Punto or Vauxhall Zafira. They seem to spray everything else on the road! :P

• 1 month later...

Definitely a fault guys, she's in Wednesday for them to take a look, but the water starts leaking as soon as you fill her up - it's got that bad it averages about three days now from full to empty and that's using the sprays about four times!!

One thing I have noticed which slightly confuses me is that when full, the headlight washers actually come up but no water comes out of either of them - I thought that they only worked when the water pressure is there or is it a case of they are raised by a small hydraulic system??

Like you guys say it's either a hose has come off (could be from when I picked the car up 3 months ago as I put RainX on initially and so never used the washer jets very often?!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links