Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Footwell Courtesy Lights

I have had an IS250 Sport(MM) GS450h & IS250 SE-l as loan cars over the last year or so from my local dealer

when my car has been serviced/had warranty work.

One of the things that struck me as a really nice touch, are the footwell courtesy lights,

(operating in conjunction with the centre dome light and fading out after a small delay).

I have a RED LED Courtesy Light (& Map light also) which looks very cool at night time,

(don't knock it untill you have seen it !)

so I thought matching RED Footwell would be the thing. After major headaches getting the correct feed

that is on the dimming timer circuit (in partnership with Rabster), running the fused power to the footwells

then using some of the LED striplights like the ones fitted to my intercooler, but this time in RED, here is the result.

The wiring for this was installed months ago, but as usual I like to take my time getting things done :winky:

Sorry for the quality of the video but it was taken at night. Trust me when I say these look really really uber cool.

Rabster saw them and I am certain he agrees, but I am sure he will post up his own comments.

They are much better to the naked eye than the video suggests.

th_Vid2.jpg

They way they are fitted, you cannot see the lights themselves, but only the effect of the emitted light on the floor/pedals/feet etc.

Total cost including fuses, cable etc... about £20

BTW The first person to say chav :tsktsk: without having seen these in the flesh will get sat on by me at the next meet.

You have been warned !!

Chav.

No, looking good man. Nice work.

One of the many things I have though of doing, (as part of an entire interior LED conversion) but not got round to.

That is quite a long delay isn't it? 15 seconds or so? Does that run from an existing timer, or one you have added?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but does Stav have something similar (though blue)?

Is this the second in long line of Wozza and Rabster mods then? Keep up the good work.

The delay is reated to the delay on the centre courtesy dome light. With the ignition off the delay is much longer.

When the engine is running this is the delay on the light after you close the door (much quicker).

th_EnginerunningVid.jpg

As for Stav, I am unsure how his are wired, and I haven't actually seen them :o (sorry Stav)

looks good..

tis on my list to be done in blue but also on a rocker so it can be switched on permantly..

damn im gonna be busy the next few weekends!!

The delay is reated to the delay on the centre courtesy dome light. With the ignition off the delay is much longer.

When the engine is running this is the delay on the light after you close the door (much quicker).

As for Stav, I am unsure how his are wired, and I haven't actually seen them :o (sorry Stav)

A ha, I see.

Yes, very nice, not sure on the colour, but that's your perogative.

Think his are wired to the doors. No doubt he'll be here before too long...

I really wanted the dome light delay/fadeout rather than a simple on off with the door.

It was worth the hassle (read two hours) Rabster & myself had :tsktsk:

However there might possibly be an easier way of doing it. Buy me or Rabster a beer @ JAE and we might save you two hours :lol:

I really wanted to do this in white, but now it seems a bit more complicated than I originally thought............I thought as from your previous thread that you could just wire it up to the ring around the ignition key and it would be job done (as in lights come on when unlock, fade out when start ignition, etc.)

Is it more complicated than that?

I really wanted the dome light delay/fadeout rather than a simple on off with the door.

It was worth the hassle (read two hours) Rabster & myself had :tsktsk:

However there might possibly be an easier way of doing it. Buy me or Rabster a beer @ JAE and we might save you two hours :lol:

Yeh, the effect is good. It's all about the fade out!

Would love come to JAE but dunno if I will be able to make it (hense not commited on the list).

they do look really good in person,

do make sure if you are going to use theses lights in your own cars that place a diode and small fuse its just for safety and only adds a few minutes to the job but better than a repeat of the magical WIM smoke.

im sure there will be plenty more RABSTER & WOZZA Ltd mods soon lol

i plan on doing this to mine so will post up a walkthrough then if everyone is nice to me lol

but help me guys what colour i have WHITE spare and i do have some BLUE's these were going to be on another mod but might take a chance so come on guys speak up

BLUE

RED

AMBER

White

I like as long as it's not to hard to do, I'd consider it myself but I'm awful when it comes to DIY lol :whistling:

Look forward to the guide if you get time to make one, have PINK ones as well Rab :shutit: hehe..

i plan on doing this to mine so will post up a walkthrough then if everyone is nice to me lol

but help me guys what colour i have WHITE spare and i do have some BLUE's these were going to be on another mod but might take a chance so come on guys speak up

BLUE

RED

AMBER

White

With the Red car mate i dont think Blue would work, so white or Red for me.

BLUE

RED

AMBER

White

With the Red car mate i dont think Blue would work, so white or Red for me.

Yup white methinks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links