Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Edinburgh

Leebo

I was catching up with the last few days posts and noticed that the Dealer Principal of Lexus Edinburgh has recently Joined the club. I booked my IS 200 Sport in for a 20k service last week and asked about discount for Gold Members and was told "Due to lack of intrest Lexus Edinburgh did not give discounts to L.O.C. members" :angry:

Has anyone been told the same from their dealer ? and i wonder if this will change now that Ian is a member?

The lack of interest is how many members in the edinburgh area that are members of the club.

Also Perhaps edinburgh know that you cannot just pop down to the next dealership.

I know a dealer in my home town that is probably benefitting from the other dealers customers simply because they are only 30 miles away.

Hi

Since I started to converse on the site, I have realised that I should be offering something to the members. As of 1st of Jan 2004, Gold Members will be receive the following discounts.

10% Parts Discount

15% Labour Discount

Upgraded Loan Car i.e. not an IS200.

Loan Car fully insured for £10.

Can anyone wanting to take advantage of this offer please make it clear when they book in that they are Gold Members.

On the subject of car purchases; It is very difficult to say £X or Y% discount on cars because that is always a very fluid situation. What I will say is that we will always be as competitive as we have to be (I do need to make money!) but as a bonus, if any member (not just Gold) decides to buy a car from Lexus Edinburgh, I will pay for their accommodation and treat them to a meal in one of Edinburgh’s best restaurants (Oloroso), for them and their partner when they come to collect their car.

I hope this is useful.

Kind regards

Ian.

Although I live nowhere near Edinburgh I would like to commend the dealership for taking such a positive stance.

This is just the sort of service we expect from such a top marque, and the generousity it very welcome indeed.

In fact, when I (if I) even come to wanting to change my car, I shall definately look at what Edinburgh have to offer. And if I do buy, then hotel stay etc, will come in very usefull for the drive to pick it up!

Well done. Lets hope other dealers watching this decide to make the bold move and make themselves known - its not all backlash as I am sure Lexus Edinburgh will testify too and hopefully learn over time. Then maybe all dealers can be as proactive as this.

Well I hail from all the way 'darn sarth' and have had excellent service from Lexus Brighton. But with an offer like that I'd certainly talk to Lexus Edinburgh before I get my next Lexus (a 2005 model AWD 3.3V6 IS? :whistling: ). It's really nice to see dealers joining in the spirit of the L.O.C. community :D

The upgraded loan car is good idea from everyone's point of view. We get to try out different models and I'm guessing that there's a fair chance that having done so some people will then change their car.

Hi

Since I started to converse on the site, I have realised that I should be offering something to the members. As of 1st of Jan 2004, Gold Members will be receive the following discounts.

10% Parts Discount

15% Labour Discount

Upgraded Loan Car i.e. not an IS200.

Loan Car fully insured for £10.

Can anyone wanting to take advantage of this offer please make it clear when they book in that they are Gold Members.

On the subject of car purchases; It is very difficult to say £X or Y% discount on cars because that is always a very fluid situation. What I will say is that we will always be as competitive as we have to be (I do need to make money!) but as a bonus, if any member (not just Gold) decides to buy a car from Lexus Edinburgh, I will pay for their accommodation and treat them to a meal in one of Edinburgh’s best restaurants (Oloroso), for them and their partner when they come to collect their car.

I hope this is useful.

Kind regards

Ian.

i know where i`m going for me next lex :winky:

Nice move Ian, it is pleasing to see somebody can see the advantages of the LOC. I just hope ( for your sake ) all the other dealers don't follow suit :D

I must admit I would not be adverse to a little trip across the border for a good deal, I usually email dealers within 50 miles when I am about to change my car, I will have to look at my rules again.

but as a bonus, if any member (not just Gold) decides to buy a car from Lexus Edinburgh, I will pay for their accommodation and treat them to a meal in one of Edinburgh’s best restaurants (Oloroso), for them and their partner when they come to collect their car.

I hope this is useful.

Kind regards

Ian.

Ah ha! This is on the 'if you don't ask you don't get premis'...........

How about a retrospective 'Oloroso' for two Ian, for the two RX300s I have bought?

Still thinking about the Hybrid - will I, won't I..............

I'll be in touch.........

PS May drop in on Friday morning to carry on our chat about Customer Service we had a few months ago - new (promotion) job since then and I am now keen to take things forward............

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links