Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Next Generation Ls Concept

Seems like 1989 all over again! The new Lexus LS concept has just been revealed today - of course, it has a distinct appearance and a whole new level of tech!

The concept is a fuel cell vehicle with gesture control, all wheel drive, automated driving with pedestrian and vehicle detection on the motorway as well as a form a facial recognition to activate the car. Its even got a hologram where the gestures can be recognised and car-to-car communication and of course, it can park itself.

15-10-28-gallery-lexus-lf-fc-3.jpg

15-10-28-f-hero.jpg

15-10-28-gallery-lexus-lf-fc-19.jpg

15-10-28-gallery-lexus-lf-fc-4.jpg

15-10-28-gallery-lexus-lf-fc-18.jpg

15-10-28-gallery-lexus-lf-fc-17.jpg

How dull. Here we are in 21 century, yet still we produce cars with boot, bonnet, round steering wheel.

Perhaps the Avantime was ahead of its time (and flawed) but this is just stupid?

the back looks just like the Toyota people carrier.

where is the next design progression?

This is just a tarted up variation.

Having just read that UK will have another 20 million people in 25 years.......the roads will be too jammed, unless we abandon personal ownership of cars and move on to a car version of Boris (now Barclay) bike scheme for cars; plus better public transport.

I'm off to spend my declining years in Andalucian hills, in a Mehari for shopping?

• Like 1

How dull. Here we are in 21 century, yet still we produce cars with boot, bonnet, round steering wheel.

Perhaps the Avantime was ahead of its time (and flawed) but this is just stupid?

the back looks just like the Toyota people carrier.

where is the next design progression?

This is just a tarted up variation.

Having just read that UK will have another 20 million people in 25 years.......the roads will be too jammed, unless we abandon personal ownership of cars and move on to a car version of Boris (now Barclay) bike scheme for cars; plus better public transport.

I'm off to spend my declining years in Andalucian hills, in a Mehari for shopping?

That sounds bliss!

What a fantastic concept car. Despite being very bold, I must say that the latest 'basking shark' front grill design is growing on me slowly. It looks great on the new models in the Lexus line up, especially the on new NX crossover. Lexus is shedding its 'bland' image methinks. I remember there was a lot of criticism of the Ford Sierra's 'jellymold' looks when it was first launched years ago, but look how that became a Ford success story. Time will tell.

Of course we have to remember that this is a concept car so will be toned down dramatically when released in 2017. I think the 4 seats will be an option but 5 seats should be a standard fitment

I'm being pernickity but it's not a LS as stated in headline it's a LF -FC

If this hits the uk roads --- LS600hl with full relaxation package FOR SALE lol

I WANT ONE of these

Oh me bad I'm not a gold member so forget the for sale ... I'll give it away free if I get one of these LF-FC's hahahahahahahaha

Ps I've only 4 seats in my LS so this option is not a problem with me (4seats = less passengers to mucky up the rear interior 😋😋😋😋😋)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it looks brilliant tbh ..................... but how would it cope in a traffic jam, would it ever move beyond zero mph ?

If any of you guys have been to Delhi on the roads you will know what I mean ..................... just got back from a business trip there

OMG no one with any sanity would drive in Delhi ..... you would need a degree in kamikaze survival techniques

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links