Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Chaps, 

I have been watching the forum from the distance for a while and the time has come to upgrade my is250 to ISF... I know, exiting times ahead of me. I have read many topics here and can tell people are very passionate about their wheels and their years of experience and knowledge is awesome (gold mine for people like me).

I'm interested in getting UBS 2011 or 2012 (quite into LED day lights) but nothing currently available so I'm looking at two from 2010. Any chance any of them was owned by a member? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

http://goo.gl/pgjPsM

http://goo.gl/Km0vso

Many thanks. 

The second one is still owned by a fellow member. It's been advertised via his friends car sales place I believe. 

Edit. There is more info on the car in this thread - 

i can vouch for this one:

http://goo.gl/Km0vso

i have seen the car in the flesh and know the owner. Real credit to the owner and has been looked after. TBH the LED eyebrows are a nice to have but Lexus removed AFS to have these. I would have AFS over the LED eyebrows any day of the week!

I had adaptive headlights on my previous toyota, I always thought the benefit was minimal and it just made for a more expensive, less reliable headlight assembly. So I didn't miss it when I swapped into my F. 

So I'm curious, have you run an F with AFS? Did it really make a tangible difference to night time driving? Or has your experience been with other manufacturers?

Yes, I own one. I also tried one without and also tried a BMW 5 series and Merc S Class. S class was the best and then the Lex. BMW was OK. But my ISF driving on country roads etc helps having the AFS big time

2 hours ago, stevet said:

The newer LED daytime running headlights will fit on the older models.

If you look on autotrader, the white 2008 priced at £19,995 (SSC) has had the LED daytime running lights fitted. 

Have to be honest they made no difference for me. Didn't have them prior to my isf and don't have them now. Haven't noticed bit having them one bit. I would like keyless entry and ignition again though!

1 hour ago, Peter P18 said:

Nope! AFS was dropped when they switched to the LED strip design.

Think that was 2010 or thereabouts?

All models after that had no AFS.

Thanks Peter for clarifying. It looks like I will stick to 2010 with AFS. Also read somewhere the ride on the 2011 model is softer than on 2008-2010. Is it a big difference? 

I have sent an emails with a couple of questions to both so lets see what happens next.

I owned a 09 model and now a 13 model. If there is any difference in the ride it must be marginal. Although coming out of a Megane RS anything seems soft.

I did ask the dealer about the ride in the newer models and he said he does not recall Lexus sending anything out about it. Where did the reference to ride quality originate from anyway. Does anyone have anything from Lexus on this?

Regarding the ride, I drove an 08, 10 and a 13 plate befpre I settled on the 2010. There is a differance if you literally jump straight out of the 08 and into the 13 but after a day or two you wouldnt even notice. For info there was some cross over in the updates, if i recall correctly if you find a 2010 with the blue bottom steering wheel it will have the LSD and updated suspension. This is what I now have and love it!

11 hours ago, Mike Peter said:

Thanks for your replies.

I presume the 2011-12 models have AFS as standard?

Yes, most of them will. The LED ones without AFS came out late 2012.

Hi All, actually my late 2011 is the final model (LED's/sport button on sterring wheel / Large rev counter & small speedo etc...) and there is another club member who has an earlier 2011 registered car. I thought the final models started in 2012 as well until I came across my car.

19 hours ago, DAW said:

Hi All, actually my late 2011 is the final model (LED's/sport button on sterring wheel / Large rev counter & small speedo etc...) and there is another club member who has an earlier 2011 registered car. I thought the final models started in 2012 as well until I came across my car.

Yes, the final changes were from late 2011 but that batch took almost 3 years to sell even with Lexus giving a £20k discount. They are quite rare. From memory only 12 sold.

16 minutes ago, stevet said:

Yes, the final changes were from late 2011 but that batch took almost 3 years to sell even with Lexus giving a £20k discount. They are quite rare. From memory only 12 sold.

Interesting, mine is an 11 plate, with LEDs, sport button on the wheel etc. Didn't realise that there were so few in that configuration.

Hey Chaps, 

So the ISF from a fellow member is gone now, I was a few days late... The other one from Lexus is still available. I spoke to a sales person yesterday (very helpful chap) and going to see the car sometime next week. Hopefully all will work out good. 

10 hours ago, Mike Peter said:

Hey Chaps, 

So the ISF from a fellow member is gone now, I was a few days late... The other one from Lexus is still available. I spoke to a sales person yesterday (very helpful chap) and going to see the car sometime next week. Hopefully all will work out good. 

I'm afraid so Mike 

Sorry about that ! 😉

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links