Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear tyres 245/45/17 95w

Soon will need to change rear tyres as 1 is budget which is v noisy, 1 is Dunlop still legal but got small cracks on side. Seen goodyear on eBay for £170 +12.99 postage, even if I get them privately fitted still cheaper as kwikfit r cheapest at 109 each fitted.tried various sites but eBay still work out cheaper

By the time you have added another £40.00 to have the eBay tyres fitted and the old ones disposed of there isn't a lot in the price difference looking at the figures plus if a problem should develop with the tyres it is far quicker to call back to KF than have to remove a tyre and return it to an eBay seller.

Haggle with KF, they often have a discount for buying 2 or more tyres.

The whole car is only as good as the tyres...I always put on the best boots I can get to avoid owning a pile of scrap after encountering any dodgy road surface where really good tyres save the day.  There's one area I never try to save money on with any car....tyres.  I always put on 4 new boots when changing I believe it's false economy to drive on a set that's mixed by brand and wear.  Driving wheels in this case being rear wheel drive would for me demand two new rears at least....and good ones at that.

I can get them changed cheaper, Steve2006 ur right that only thing that I am worried about if thing go wrong I can contact kW lot easier then eBay. Front were changed recently from f1 autocentre but don't seem to list rear ones. 

I recently had one rear tyre replaced (damn sharp stone cut it deep).

Surprisingly, the main dealer changed it for £118 all in.  That was for Dunlop.  I was expecting Lexus dealer pricing. :smile:

Might be worth giving them a call to see what they charge you.

39 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I recently had one rear tyre replaced (damn sharp stone cut it deep).

Surprisingly, the main dealer changed it for £118 all in.  That was for Dunlop.  I was expecting Lexus dealer pricing. :smile:

Might be worth giving them a call to see what they charge you.

Agreed, my dealer changed my tyres for £10 a corner. I supplied the tyres though but when enquired, their tyre prices seemed very reasonable

Hi Ahmed, have you tried Black Circles?

I use them all the time and have been great, you tap in your reg, get a list of tyres, choose then one you want, choose where you want them fitted all in the price. I think they are owned by Tesco so you get clubcard points too. Once you place the order you get an account manager call you to take you through the whole process and to make sure you dont have any issues with the fitter (partner) - Try them you never know you might get a good deal.

http://www.blackcircles.com/

In my honest opinion, your tyres are the most critical safety component on your car, the only thing connecting you to the road.   for the sake of a few quid, I would stick to known retailers (blackcircle, lexus, trusted tyre dealers etc...)  to ensure quality and condition you think you are getting.  eBay sounds like a risk to me, just for a few quid.

• Like 1

I agree with John.

I personally wouldn't be happy with buying tyres off eBay.  You never can really tell what you are getting from there.

Although feedback does go a long way with eBay, so perhaps a well established seller with good feedback would be ok.

The good thing in my case was that, since it was during a service and they had the tyre in stock, the whole thing was sorted within 10 minutes.  Damn annoying though because that is now 2 tyres with decent amount of tread on them that I have had to replace because of cuts in the last year.

• Like 1

Thanks you guys are right but did think of that possibility of getting lemons will probably get from kW or lexus or well known retailers on other hand well known retailers got more running expenses that why prices are high. 

On 19/09/2016 at 9:27 AM, Ishaq said:

Hi Ahmed, have you tried Black Circles?

Same here, and you can choose your local preferred fitting shop, yet keeping them at "online prices". Main problem is that when you get tires online it is usually hard time to find shop which fits them as most won't take tires from "outside". As well I would never use eBay for tires. It is huge chance to get "expired tires" which are new but out of their shelf time, some people have even reported receiving remanufactured tires... which obviously will not last.

• Like 1

Don't need tyres myself but just looking around and have found a few online places that do tyres and have fitting partners near you: nationals, Asda, mytyres etc etc.

would anyone consider budget tyres for all conrners? Such as Asda do RouteWay Velo City, others do Riken etc etc.

I guess some might be good?

some have good ratings too! - just curious.

9 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

Didn't know tyres had sell by date, u don't really eat tyres???? :yahoo: if they are new not used.

They do.. after few years on the shelf the rubber hardens and cracks. You might actually find that some (preservatives stuffed) food products have longer shelf life than rubber tires. Just makes me wonder what kind of **** we sometimes eat if it has longer shelf time than tires. 

5 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

They do.. after few years on the shelf the rubber hardens and cracks. You might actually find that some (preservatives stuffed) food products have longer shelf life than rubber tires. Just makes me wonder what kind of **** we sometimes eat if it has longer shelf time than tires. 

Talking about food shelf life...recently went to see a friend in hospital and they served him a hot supper, the chicken pie had expiry date 2021 :yucky:

I went to get my tyres for my taxi in Chingford today asked price for rear tyres, he recommended nexen tyres got lifetime guarantee if get damaged, quote me £90 each.he did mention  nexen are used on porche cayenne.so wondering if anyone used them.

Hi Guys,

Am thinking of changing all the four tyres on my Dec 2005 Lexus IS250 model. When I bought the car, it came with 2 Landsall tyres on the front with 1 Goodyear + 1 Continental on the rear. I was thinking of going for Goodyear Eagle Asymetric 2 or 3 for all the 4 tyres.

Any recommendations or thoughts from you all would be much appreciated.

Juicestop they are 74db aren't they noisy. 

Sathax I got goodyear on front good value at f1autocentre.just need rears now as got some budget tyre and Dunlop on rear, will need set soon but not urgent. Nexen seem to b good value with lifetime guarantee if damaged, will only charge u on tread used 

14750539817571806115451.jpg

• Like 1

I had quite bad experience with Nexen tires (sadly don't remember particular model, but it was for 18' ) when I got My IS250 F-Sport from new, it had Bridgestone Turanzas , which were fine but didn't last ( replaced at 12k KM). Then I have replaced (with advice from Lexus dealer - "aka don't bother with big names, we use Nexen for our loners") I have replaced all tires to Nexen.. they were loud, hard, uncomfortable.. I really felt like they were made maybe from wood but not form rubber. One was replaced under warranty - had bump in side wall. I did only 2000KM and replaced all the tires with Pirelli P-Zero, Nexens still had coloured lines on them, but I couldn't bother with them anymore. P- Zeros felt brilliant, but I don't know how they lasted because I sold the car soon after. 

So at least from my experience .. there are cheaper tires which are good, like Nokian.. but I won't go even near Nexens..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links