Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New exhaust

8 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Sounds good! My stock exhaust is going back on soon, will miss the noise from the aftermarket one. 

Any particular reason why you are going back to stock?

Great stuff Mark.

Have you got any more info on the product, price, time to fit etc?

Many thanks,

Dav

PS: I found the secret gardener a little off putting in the video ;)

7 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Great stuff Mark.

Have you got any more info on the product, price, time to fit etc?

Many thanks,

Dav

PS: I found the secret gardener a little off putting in the video ;)

Ha yes, I thought someone would spot the gardener.

The exhaust is a custom build by Infiniti Exhausts, took them 4 hours to make from scratch in high grade stainless, they give you the options on tail pipes sound etc and then make it, great guys to deal with, they have a facebook page with most of their work on it.

£500 all in.

Infiniti Exhausts BS37 6RX            01454 273123

12 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Awesome. My part of the world too :)  

Is there any droning when cruising?

Yes, not that far from you, I just called in and let them have a quick look to give me a rough idea of how long it would take.

Yes there is some droning as they said there would, it is around 2000rpm which if you are on a motorway or duel carriageway and travelling at legal speeds is right in that range.

I don't do many motorway miles so it doesn't bother me, however I am taking the car to Andorra in 2 weeks time, I may think differently when I get back!!!!!

Did they install a x pipe? And have you replaced your secondary cats?

These guys are near me as well but I do mostly motorway and can't have any droning. 

Reading a previous post on the forum installing a x pipe and replacing secondary cats with silencers removes any drone. Or just keep secondary cats in place.

Big difference in price between this and the like of H&S.  Why such a massive price difference between similar exhausts?

2 minutes ago, Ray-ISF said:

Did they install a x pipe? And have you replaced your secondary cats?

These guys are near me as well but I do mostly motorway and can't have any droning. 

Reading a previous post on the forum installing a x pipe and replacing secondary cats with silencers removes any drone. Or just keep secondary cats in place.

Big difference in price between this and the like of H&S.  Why such a massive price difference between similar exhausts?

The cats are still in place and there is no x pipe fitted, this is probably why there is such a price difference, if you want to listen to it I am not that far from you, just drop me a PM.

One thing they did say was they can make alterations in the future, x pipe, cat removal etc

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer Dave might take you up on that. I too want to leave my cats in place due to not wanting to invalidate warranty. But due to the fact that I spend all my time on motorway cruise I'm right in that drone zone it would drive me mad

14 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

I did, yes. The sound of a performance car  is so integral to the enjoyment for me.

Hi Stuno1

Reading back over your posts you had a secondary cat back exhaust. Did u experience any drone at motorway cruise speeds between 70 - 80 mph?

16 hours ago, Ray-ISF said:

Hi GibletPH Is the aftermarket one for sale ?

It will be, might offer first refusal to whoever buys my car.

10 hours ago, Mark G said:

Any particular reason why you are going back to stock?

Going back to stock before I advertise the car as I think some buyers may be put off by mods.

12 minutes ago, Warrington guy said:

What's next on your list gib? 

A tweaked Evo X, left a deposit on one yesterday. At 476bhp it's more potent than the ISF but understandably not as refined. Felt the need for something more focused. 

3 hours ago, Ray-ISF said:

Hi Stuno1

Reading back over your posts you had a secondary cat back exhaust. Did u experience any drone at motorway cruise speeds between 70 - 80 mph?

No drone at motorway speed on mine. That was a specific requirement when I asked for the system to be built. 

3 hours ago, GibletPH said:

A tweaked Evo X, left a deposit on one yesterday. At 476bhp it's more potent than the ISF but understandably not as refined. Felt the need for something more focused. 

3 hours ago, Warrington guy said:

Very nice . I've got ichy feet too . Want gtr but finding it hard to let the isf go

I had a red evo x before my first ISF in red. Very tunable I really enjoyed it. 

I think I'll go for a gtr next. But I would like to keep the ISF in storage. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well i have just got back from a trip to Andorra, just over 2000 miles and apart from a couple of occasions it didn't bother me at all.

At 68 - 72 mph is where it is droning, I normally set the cruise around 80 mph or slightly above, at this speed it is fine, in fact the faster I go the easier it is on the ears!!!!!!

I think it is a personal thing, the passenger didn't complain either but some people may not like it, as I have said, if you want to listen for yourself then let me know, I am sure we can sort something out.

2 hours ago, Mark G said:

if you want to listen for yourself then let me know, I am sure we can sort something out.

That would be brilliant. Let me know when & where is good for you.

Thanks very much :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links