Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need to replace the wiper blades for our RX450h.

I normally purchase these from wiperblades.co.uk and have gone for Bosch Aerotwins in the past, but I see that their own product (Wiperblades Aerowiper) seems to be highly rated.

The reputation of the Bosch blades is undisputed, but does anyone recommend the Wiperblades Aerowiper over them?

(I am more interested in performance than cost)

Thank you!

They're pretty good yes. 

I assume these are the hybrid style blades from wiperblades.co.uk?

They have good reviews and are cheaper. I think a few have tried them on the IS300h and they were good. 

I bought these for my 400h

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152261875636?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

thought I'd give them a try for the price and get some boschs if they were rubbish.

They aren't. They've seen me through some long trips in heavy rain with flying colours over the past month and i'd thoroughly recommend them.

Can't comment on life time yet as they are only 2 months old now but I can't see any issues with these lasting well.

Fitting was a doddle too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I bought and fitted Wiperblades.co.uk's own aerowipers... and I am disappointed: lots of noise and juddering and part of the screen does not get wiped on the driver's side. I have never had such problems with new wipers. Should I be more patient and allow for a bedding-in period?

Update:

I decided not to wait and contacted Wiperblades.co.uk who have offered a full refund upon receipt of the (faulty?) blades. I have decided to go back to the Bosch Aerotwins as I was very pleased with them.

9 hours ago, DanD said:

I bought and fitted Wiperblades.co.uk's aerowipers... and I am disappointed: lots of noise and juddering and part of the screen does not get wiped on the driver's side. I have never had such problems with new wipers. Should I be more patient and allow for a bedding-in period?

Update:

I decided not to wait and contacted Wiperblades.co.uk who have offered a full refund upon receipt of the (faulty?) blades. I have decided to go back to the Bosch Aerotwins as I was very pleased with them.

Sounds like they may have been faulty if they're doing that. The ones on my son's car are still fine after 6 months.

Decent of them to offer full refund though. 

Bosch Aerotwins can be bought from ECP and they have 30% off at the minute I believe

• 2 weeks later...

Thread revival!

ECP have now started doing OEM RX wipers - they're the Denso ones. 

I was in need of some and Lexus UK want £34 including P&P just for the refills!

Regardless, I stuck the part numbers into Google and found they are Denso Hybrid blades.

Ive ordered front ones - were £40 delivered. However, ECP had 30% off and I used Topcashback so cost me £28 for the pair and £1 cashback :)

• Like 1

Good deal!

I must say I am very pleased with the Bosch ones.

Can't seem to find a replacement for the rear wiper though... any idea?

We got our RX towards the back end of May last year and one of the first things I did was to replace the wiper blades. Got the full set of three for £16 from my local motor factors (Dodgsons of Preston on Fylde Rd if anyone is interested) and they've been brilliant. Eleven months on, not a squeak or missed beat and believe me, Preston, Lancashire, is one of the wettest places in the country so they've taken some stick and are still performing well.

5 hours ago, DanD said:

Good deal!

I must say I am very pleased with the Bosch ones.

Can't seem to find a replacement for the rear wiper though... any idea?

You have to be careful about the rear wiper. Stopping it anywhere on the screen won't allow you to unclip it as it's too far up the spoiler. 

Part number is 8524248040 but I think that's for the whole blade

I'd be inclined to get a part number from Lexus for the refill and grab one from the Toyota dealer. Should be around £6-10 I think

1 hour ago, steveledzep said:

I have wondered............how do you replace the rear wiper ?

Lexus don't usually replace the wiper blades but just the rubber refill. The rear blade won't come off, spoiler needs removing first

Instead, the wiper is turned on and turned off when it's vertical in the centre of the glass. The refill is then pulled out and replaced. 

• Like 1

I've used Michelin Stealth wiper blades from Costco for years - never had any other with them and they last about a year or 15k for me. They are about £7 ish each, so £14 for the front. 

The info on the rear is worth knowing, will have to get my dealer to replace this next time i visit. 

F

On 4/18/2017 at 4:56 PM, rayaans said:

Thread revival!

ECP have now started doing OEM RX wipers - they're the Denso ones. 

I was in need of some and Lexus UK want £34 including P&P just for the refills!

Regardless, I stuck the part numbers into Google and found they are Denso Hybrid blades.

Ive ordered front ones - were £40 delivered. However, ECP had 30% off and I used Topcashback so cost me £28 for the pair and £1 cashback :)

Don't need them yet however as OEM I have ordered a pair, £27.84 with the 30% discount. Cheers Rayaans

3 hours ago, Silversalmon said:

Don't need them yet however as OEM I have ordered a pair, £27.84 with the 30% discount. Cheers Rayaans

No problemo!

So much for economy delivery. Mine are coming tomorrow only 2 days after ordering! 

Part number for the blade is 85214-10100 priced around £12.00.

Interestingly the wiper arm retaining bolt is also listed at around 90 pence (90179-06205) which would suggest that you remove the arm from the motor spindle in order to replace the blade instead of removing other components like the spoiler. Obviously make a note of the arm position to ensure it goes back in the exact same place.

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

Mine arrived today. Certainly OEM - made in Japan and everything. 

20170420_190514.jpg

Rayaans, I was given 22, Correct and 26", Is that correct, i thought they were closer to 25" on the car? What did you get for the drivers side? Thanks

Ed

2 hours ago, Silversalmon said:

Rayaans, I was given 22, Correct and 26", Is that correct, i thought they were closer to 25" on the car? What did you get for the drivers side? Thanks

Ed

Yep 26" and 22" are correct. 

The rubber refill is slightly smaller at 25.5" and 21.5" 

Regardless I stuck the part numbers given to me by Lexus - 8521468020 (RH) and 8521453080 (L) for the refills into google and it came up with:

https://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/7612535 - (£15.28)

https://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/7612533 - (£9.88) 

However, Best Part Store gave the most useful information ever, and that was the Denso complete blade model number - DUR-065(L) and DUR-055(L). Dont mind the L or R on the back of them as they are interchangeable.

I checked with the box I got to see whether they are correct and indeed, they are perfectly right!

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Part number for the blade is 85214-10100 priced around £12.00.

Interestingly the wiper arm retaining bolt is also listed at around 90 pence (90179-06205) which would suggest that you remove the arm from the motor spindle in order to replace the blade instead of removing other components like the spoiler. Obviously make a note of the arm position to ensure it goes back in the exact same place.

To confirm, the part number for the rear blade is 8521410100

Changing the refills are very easy. 

Also, the Denso model number for the rear blade is DRB-040

• 4 months later...
On 3/7/2017 at 4:21 PM, julian1969 said:

I bought these for my 400h

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152261875636?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

thought I'd give them a try for the price and get some boschs if they were rubbish.

They aren't. They've seen me through some long trips in heavy rain with flying colours over the past month and i'd thoroughly recommend them.

Can't comment on life time yet as they are only 2 months old now but I can't see any issues with these lasting well.

Fitting was a doddle too.

Necrothread:

Yeah these are crap - one broke yesterday 200 meters from the MOT station I was taking it to to be MOT'd, luckily the MOT place was able to replace it and I passed. 

I'm buying some Bosch ones next time.