Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RcF MY18 Lexus Cheltenham

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@rayaans I too have not seen any other than the car for sale at present at the Audi dealers the other side of Hadrians Wall......:whistling1:

🐀

Correction - 1 car that I know of fitted from factory.

The Silver RC-F with the carbon wheels has had them put on afterwards. They werent available as an option at the point that the car was registered

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

From a weight perspective not sure why people would not option them if there were a no cost option. 

Both normal "tuning fork" and "L swoosh" are forged alloy. Can't imagine any weight difference worth talking about.

Think only difference other than style is the L ones are hand polished.

The new dark 5(10?) spoke wheels are cast and will be heavier.

@rayaans So I was wondering then if they put on afterwards does it mean it had the standard set as an additional set just curious, hopefully be seeing some come up for sale in the Uk some time soon

🐀

Hi all.

Just a note too you not teaching grandmother to suck eggs :wacko: but you should tell the insurance about them i did on the x-type and they stung me for extra premium so beware as they will use any excuse not to pay out saying that i did put sport exhaust on the x-type and it sounded lovely cost a arm and a leg but worth it.:yes:

65mike

For me the new RC-F wheels looks very "generic/plain"... almost like spares made from alloy:

Image result for alloy spare wheel

And I would say same about US/EU wheels - plain and ugly...

Obviously, when it comes to anything of style and taste is subjective - I personally think that RC-F carbon 20spoke are the best looking wheels available on RC-F.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

For me the new RC-F wheels looks very "generic/plain"... almost like spares made from alloy:

Image result for alloy spare wheel

Obviously, when it comes to anything of style and taste is subjective - I personally think that RC-F carbon 20spoke are the best looking wheels available on RC-F

Hi all.

No think how easier the other ones are to clean not so many spokes to get clean and believe me lots off spokes are a pain.:whistling1:

65mike

12 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.

Just a note too you not teaching grandmother to suck eggs :wacko: but you should tell the insurance about them i did on the x-type and they stung me for extra premium so beware as they will use any excuse not to pay out saying that i did put sport exhaust on the x-type and it sounded lovely cost a arm and a leg but worth it.:yes:

65mike

Tell insurance about what, standard wheels of different style - now way. I agree you need to tell about aftermarket wheels, of odd sizes and shapes etc. But not about different styles of wheels available form manufacturer. If anything tyres are much more important "modification", but do you need to tell insurer when you change "factory" Potenzas to Dunlops or Michelins... no.

I do agree insurers will do whatever not to pay out (because insurance in UK is fraud), but then you have a right and should tell them to bugger-off. 

5 minutes ago, 65mike said:

No think how easier the other ones are to clean not so many spokes to get clean and believe me lots off spokes are a pain.:whistling1:

The point was about looks, not about how easy it is to clean... easier to clean doesn't make it prettier..

@Big Rat - I know they don't fit I just talking about design, the new RC-F wheels looks "plain" for me as if they are not meant to be permanently on the car, but maybe used as spares. As I said, it is all subjective - but if question is "how they look" - they are outright ugly in my humble opinion.

Hi all.

Linas take it from me i speak the truth here when i purchased my x-type new i had 17inch wheels from factory and upgraded to 18inch as parts from Jaguar genuine Jaguar wheels the car had not even done no more than 11 miles so had never been on the road so wanted the option ones for the car and insurance charged me extra i asked why and there answer was because they were not standard on the car when built.:wacko:

65mike

You have to tell them about them if you want them to pay for them if damaged. They can refuse to pay for the wheels in an accident. They can't refuse cover entirely unless they can prove the wheels caused the accident.

Also the declaration is "to the best of your knowledge" so if you bought the car used with them already fitted you can deny knowledge.

I understand what you are saying and I never said you wrong.

When I fitted mk3 18 inch instead of mk2 17 inch of my car (which by the way were not correct for my car either) I called insurance with recorder on and the conversation was like:

• hello x insurance limited, how can I help?
  • hi, I have fitted new wheels on my car and just wanted to check if that is considered modification or not...
  • what wheels they are?
  • they are genuine Lexus wheels same size as specified for my car, fitted with same spec. tyres and were part of optional equipment available for this model..
  • well...
  • no don't care, they are not modification.. thank you
  • but...
  • don't even start I don't care. They are genuine Lexus end of story, good luck making fool of somebody else. Bye have a nice day! Bye bye

Hello modinsurance how may I help

Hello, I am calling to tell you that my wheels are not modified - I ain't gettin' on no plane fool - goodbye

Thank you sir. Puts phone down. "Mavis, that weirdo just called again"

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

I understand what you are saying and I never said you wrong.

When I fitted mk3 18 inch instead of mk2 17 inch of my car (which by the way were not correct for my car either) I called insurance with recorder on and the conversation was like:

It depends on the company. Don't assume that because one company didn't mind that another one won't.

Some will cover any factory fitted option, some want to know about all of them (and potentially charge you for them).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

So in the states and Europe they have these as well which are very popular........

Not to confuse matters of course.......

I'm guessing these are cast alloy too - basically the 'cheap' wheel option which was never offered in the UK.

They have been replaced globally with the ones being discussed on this thread. Personally I prefer the older design to the current but would prefer them in a lighter finish.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

So I see the 15 Plate White Rcf at Cheltenham is now reserved...... that didn't take long about a week 🤔

Big Rat

That time of year. Toy/sports cars fly out up until June/July then sales slow again and are glacial by October. 

48 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

So I see the 15 Plate White Rcf at Cheltenham is now reserved...... that didn't take long about a week 🤔

Big Rat

I'm not surprised.

Now these RCF's are down to mid 30's they're great value.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tfp said:

I'm not surprised.

Now these RCF's are down to mid 30's they're great value.

I didn't pay much more a year ago - only an LX base model though. It's even got wind down windows :wink3:

Remember when cars came with the option of having 2 side mirrors instead of just the driver's side? :laugh: 

4 hours ago, Comedian said:

Hello modinsurance how may I help

Hello, I am calling to tell you that my wheels are not modified - I ain't gettin' on no plane fool - goodbye

Thank you sir. Puts phone down. "Mavis, that weirdo just called again"

It may well be, but the point is that - I complied with terms and conditions and notified them "that the wheels I have is not modification". If they try to raise the point in case of any accident I would sue them straight away. 

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I'm guessing these are cast alloy too - basically the 'cheap' wheel option which was never offered in the UK.

They have been replaced globally with the ones being discussed on this thread. Personally I prefer the older design to the current but would prefer them in a lighter finish.

That is correct - the forged L-shape were "optional" for something like EUR/$1200. And if I am not mistaken "forked" ones were only UK. So basically, UK had Carbon with "l-shape as standard, whereas that was option everywhere else, and Standard RC-F came with upgraded forged wheels, which were only available in UK.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

One size fits all..... 

_20180504_162545.thumb.JPG.a43f1b79c3c180853218e55bc5eda587.JPG

1st saw this done on a white ISF & thought they really suit the car👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAW said:

1st saw this done on a white ISF & thought they really suit the car👍🏻

They are sort of "unique"... I cannot really think of any other wheels which looks like that. I like GS-F rims as well, but these are still my favourite. Actually RC F-Sport wheels are quite nice as well, but sadly they don't have that sort of exclusivity to them.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links