Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

This is what my LS430 has been up to over last two days. Drive to Inverness for new windscreen. Good drive down with intermittent rain. Screen fitted with fuss. Fitter only made two comments one was airbag/seat belt warning light on. Other was auto wiper mode was not responding. Auto wiper worked on way back and warning light went off. Filled the tank with 99 octane petrol. What a difference in way engine responds. Can only get 95 E5 where I am. Today had to use lexus as my other car has flat Battery. Went to collect wood for new gravel boards. That raised a few eyebrows at timber yard. They are more use to trucks and pick ups. 20230706_160608.thumb.jpg.ec96cbd1176888c0863a228ac57a5613.jpg

• Like 3

Some idiot tried to smash my front window with a brick. 5 attempts and no joy, dog opposite comes out barking so he/she ran off. Looks like the frustration had em come back and key the car on opposite side. Window had fogging anyway and I refit both fogged windows. Before and after below 😊

20230708_165411.thumb.jpg.4f6d2f6a2f3f26d0a05d1bfa08dc16b1.jpg

Near side...

20230708_175445.thumb.jpg.796a66022dcd0d88e539eed343b6e09a.jpg

New off side.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 8:24 PM, HighlandJohn said:

@Razor61   Just to update, I checked the nearest ECP branch but none in stock, so have ordered the Duxback from Amazon.

Hopefully, by the time it arrives it'll have stopped raining.....:wink:

Got a chance to apply the Duxback today, first time since the planets aligned.  :laughing:

Really impressed with the result(s) - like night & day, really.

I'm amazed at what the cleaner fluid removed from the lens, I've no idea what the liquid is but I didn't expect them to be this manky.....

IMG_20230723_114935.jpg

I might overcoat with Rain-X which I have to see if it helps shed road grime - worthwhile do you think?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another little upgrade. I replaced the courtesy/puddle light with LEDs - a very poor pic.  Not sure about them, they're a bit 'bling' and the jury's still out. It's only a 5-minute job to swap them back, so time will tell....

IMG_20230803_224201.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

MOT comes up next month for my year 2000 LS400.

one of the advisories was for surface rust around rear chassis mountings. The tester recommended an application of something like Kurust and that would suffice.

A rear chassis bar crosses just behind the diff so that’s where I placed the jack and a 2ton axle stand. I’ve managed to mislay my wire brush drill attachments so hand held wire brush in hand…

I have to report that the underside is very clean with surface rust in places and more on the rear suspension components than anywhere. So I feel the advisory was over reported and did not warrant it. The Mounting bolts and area were in fine condition…not worthy of a wire brush.

Anyway, I applied the Kurust to the subframe and various joins and hangers that I could reach. Also did the same to the rear springs that had a few blemish areas.

That is more than required and will do the job. However, I’ve some hammerite type paint spray I’ll apply next session.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, DJT said:

Would lanoguard be better for chassis. Just remove loose rust and spray on. Has very good reviews. 

Yes if it’s as good as claimed. There’s not much in terms of required coverage as the car is very clean underneath…and Kurust spreads very well…so for a few quid job done. 

• Like 3

On 9/1/2023 at 11:30 AM, Tinonline said:

Yes if it’s as good as claimed. There’s not much in terms of required coverage as the car is very clean underneath…and Kurust spreads very well…so for a few quid job done. 

I’ve finished the job…applied paint.

I had another look at Lanogard and see that it has to be applied annually. So I’m happy with my choice. Kurust is very good and a good brush into and onto areas difficult to brush that do have heavy rust scale works very well. The suspension bars have the most rust with everything else in good shape.

• Like 4

Part 2

LS400 annual oil change.

started early this morning thank goodness because it ain’t half hot now.

Took my time and managed to only deposit a few drops of oil in the process. Usually the oil looks dirty as I pour it into the old containers but Fuchs has held up well with Blueprint filter.

This year it’s Fuchs oil again but with a Lexus filter. As I was under the car, having got some Kurust and paint left over…had a go at the front to reduce any surface rust and clean up.

I also cleaned up the bottom area of the steering rack drivers’ side where an advisory pointed to a leak or oil deposit. Just needed wiping down. But I’ve never had to top up and it’s oil crud and nothing fresh that I could detect.

All done now.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

First MOT for the NX300h

Visited Lexus Canterbury - very polite reception by Finley. Smooth handover when I picked the car up - washed and waxed as well. All part of the service plan. Chatted with Matt (sales) regarding used stock. As they hve transferred to the Steven Eagell Group they have aquired a large used stock from Maidstone. Bought a touch-up oen set (£9.99) as I have a small stone chip on one of the doors. 

No issues found - as one would expect from a Lexus!

Wifey drove the NX home, while I wafted in the LS400! I took the long way home!

• Like 2

I wafted to the petrol station yesterday in my Mk1 and filled up with E5 …… doing 23.5 mpg average over the last 280 miles 

all styles of driving so I’m happy, slow, braking and of course very very fast ….. wow she moves so well for a 32 year old !  ……… I’ll check out the mpg average of the Mk3 sometime too 

Malc 

• Like 1

I sat and gazed adoringly out of the window at mine whilst the Temptations played 'My Girl' in the background. So, today I was planning to Gummy Pledge the seals ,but had the Covid booster yesterday and today I have been boosted on to my back. Wiped out. It's just insulting really as I actually hold shares in Pfizer. Some shareholder return.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

I wafted to the petrol station yesterday in my Mk1 and filled up with E5 …… doing 23.5 mpg average over the last 280 miles 

all styles of driving so I’m happy, slow, braking and of course very very fast ….. wow she moves so well for a 32 year old !  ……… I’ll check out the mpg average of the Mk3 sometime too 

Malc 

Malc, are you taking the Mk1 out more than the Mk3?

5 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Malc, are you taking the Mk1 out more than the Mk3?

Well maybe ….. just had the brakes sorted on the Mk3, the red warning light appeared AND I’m fast approaching the insce allowance of 5k miles for the year too ….. she’ll be out and about soon proper ….. I’m really enjoying the Mk1 for sure 

Wot amazing cars these Ls400s are …… so pleased I’ve got a pair now 😅

Malc 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LenT said:

I guess that’s what it takes to own two LS400s

Front at 30k miles and rear at 20k miles  Pads replaced on the Mk3 ....  £240 cash .........  to include 2 x new stop bulbs and home delivery of the Old lady .....   I'm happy .. he said the pads were a little challenging to find now and cost him £130 cash 

Malc

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Front at 30k miles and rear at 20k miles  Pads replaced on the Mk3 ....  £240 cash .........  to include 2 x new stop bulbs and home delivery of the Old lady .....   I'm happy .. he said the pads were a little challenging to find now and cost him £130 cash 

Malc

LPD have the front pads but not listing rears.

IMG_0856.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steve2006 said:

LPD have the front pads but not listing rears.

IMG_0856.png

I’ve noticed parts not available anymore…hope Lexus sell off their rights to willing players interested in keeping the models alive.

surely brake parts are freely available? Some good OEM prices in the UK. My phase. 2 400 was fully braked up with OEM total less than £400 parts. 

• Like 1

I ran errands as the weather was quite nice this morning, got them all done like the good boy I am, went to reward myself with giving the LS a clean, got the pressure washer out, sorted the buckets etc and it absolutely chucked it down, so instead I sulked and sat inside the car and cleaned the windows... 🤷‍♂️😂

By the time the rain gave over, wife was home, dog needed walked and went to the gym. The LS shall remain mildly dirty for another day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Today I applied Gummy Pledge to rubber seals. Before and After are shown below. I suspect building up with further applications will do even better.

Before.jpg

After 1.jpg

Your post prompted me to get out the Gummi Pflege and do the seals. While I was on a roll I stuck a load of cardboard under the car and did my annual underbody spray of ACF 50,  ahead of winter.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links