Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Today i'm listening to...

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the earlier stuff. I remember buying this single in the mid/late 60's.   Mind you the original "Tommy LP" was good too.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I had my Northern Soul library on random shuffle this evening and this old favorite of mine came up. The immensely talented Curtis Mayfield leading vocals.

Whilst I would like to think I have fairly eclectic tastes in music I suppose i will always go back to my Soul roots.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/4/2024 at 12:09 PM, GMB said:

I like the earlier stuff. I remember buying this single in the mid/late 60's.   Mind you the original "Tommy LP" was good too.

Enjoyed my LI 150 at that time - still got the moth eaten Parka bought from Army & Navy Stores, Baddow Road roundabout, Chelmsford.  I think they were ex-Canadian Forces?

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 4:55 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

Enjoyed my LI 150 at that time - still got the moth eaten Parka bought from Army & Navy Stores, Baddow Road roundabout, Chelmsford.  I think they were ex-Canadian Forces?

2 wheels and me don't get along. My friend Paul let me have a go on his Lambretta. Think it must have looked farcical with me trying to hold it off the wall whilst simultaneously revving it (unknowingly).

Riding back pillion on it we went across a railway crossing and l levitated to having the rear passenger bar wedged right where it was excruciating. In blind oanic I tried to hang on to Paul. We were saved by our other friend coming up behind and literally pushing me back into place. I don't understand why I never got to ride the scooters again (sic).

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Lambretta

Ah, those were the days!  Certain folk in our motorcycle g*ng used to kick them over as they passed on their Bonnevilles, Tigers,  Road rockets, Interceptors, Nortons etc etc....... I never stooped to that level of delinquency of course😁.  BTW Nobody had a Vincent they were simply unaffordable.  Then the Japanese arrived and that was the end of all that.............

3 hours ago, GMB said:

Ah, those were the days!  Certain folk in our motorcycle g*ng used to kick them over as they passed on their Bonnevilles, Tigers,  Road rockets, Interceptors, Nortons etc etc....... I never stooped to that level of delinquency of course😁.  BTW Nobody had a Vincent they were simply unaffordable.  Then the Japanese arrived and that was the end of all that.............

"Tiger".

Funny story. My very oldest friend Pip bought a Tiger. Whilst we were on a night out at the Bierkeller Leeds he made a date with an attractive girl. On the day he turned up in Leeds to pick her up. No helmet etc etc. Turned out she was a police woman. Not only did she not ticket him. She married him. The power of the bike !

When I sold my GS450h I took prospective buyer out for a test drive up dual carriageway to show off the power.

A lot over national speed limit. He revealed that he was a Met Police officer as we sealed the deal. All smiles.

On 5/27/2024 at 8:37 AM, GMB said:

Got one of the first Jap bikes sat in the garage and must sell this year - a Yamaha 200 Twin electric start. It and others killed off the leaky oil Brit bikes.  Had a few Bikes ten years back best being a Honda VFR FJ but too heavy for me. Unable to ride bikes now.

Is that a two stroke? Bit of a classic it will be easy to sell. Long ago i had an RC350LC twin 2 stroke. Hated that bike! The smoke on start up was enough for the fire brigade to panic and it was so peaky that below 7000rpm nobody was home and then all power came at once. Too difficult to ride for me you always had to mind the revs in corners make sure you are in the powerband or it will throw you off.  Hated it. Got a Suzuki GS550 4 cylinder after that. 

I bought one of these new from Doug Hacking M/cycles in 1975 for £1250. I should have wrapped it in cotton wool and kept it!

I was severely tempted by the old two stroke KH750 but it was even more deadly than the 900. Tries to chuck you off at over 130mph with a tank slapper when you tried to slow down/ roll off the throttle/ weight shifts over front wheel/ goes bananas. Scared me to death, never went over 120 ever again.

image.thumb.png.a061bc7a93a8ed40f7549faa96e3f4a5.png

image.thumb.png.213c88d961147034f34917758d4ff1e6.png

12 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Is that a two stroke? Bit of a classic it will be easy to sell. Long ago i had an RC350LC twin 2 stroke. Hated that bike! The smoke on start up was enough for the fire brigade to panic and it was so peaky that below 7000rpm nobody was home and then all power came at once. Too difficult to ride for me you always had to mind the revs in corners make sure you are in the powerband or it will throw you off.  Hated it. Got a Suzuki GS550 4 cylinder after that. 

Maybe start a new topic " Cars that I should have kept that have gone up in price massively since I had one". Such as my old Toyota Corolla GT Twin Cam AE86 - worth a fortune now🙁

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links