Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just received a letter this morning advising on a recall to replace the in tank fuel pump. First I’ve heard of it, but car booked in next Wednesday to get it done.

Anyone else had this notification through the DVLA.

Yes, I got a call from Lexus MK (where I bought my RX) on the 16th October advising it needs doing. Currently booked into Lexus Stockport for next Wednesday, but since had a letter from Lexus advising the same. They also advised, if possible, to have no more than ¼ of petrol in the tank when I drop it off (not easy with my mileage at the moment! 😄).

8 hours ago, C Mclean said:

Pump replaced and car washed, plus £25 worth of fuel put into the tank. Usual great service by Lexus Edinburgh.

I had the exact same service from Lexus Stockport on Wednesday when my fuel pump was replaced. No complaints at all from me, excellent service. 🙂

11 hours ago, C Mclean said:

Pump replaced and car washed, plus £25 worth of fuel put into the tank. Usual great service by Lexus Edinburgh.

Had exactly the same service from Lexus Hatfield today. They even brought the car home for me when I told them I had lots of zoom meetings today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, flookyk said:

Does anyone know which 2017 models are affected by this?

Mine was first registered March 2017 nothing is showing up the government recall info for it.

I think it was only a certain number of various Lexus models manufactured from 2013 to 2019. This link provides a bit more detail (I know it is from an Australian site, but the campaign code is the same as in the letter I received):

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/toyota-motor-corporation-lexus-es300h-my2018-2019-lexus-gs-is-lx-and-ls-my2013-2019-lexus-is-f-my2013-2014-lexus-lc-and-rx-my2017-2019-and-lexus-nx-and-rc-my2014-2019-extended-recall

• 3 years later...

Ressurecting this old thread.

Does anyone know why there was a recall to replace the fuel pump in the tank?

Could this be the cause of my problem in the thread I started yesterday regarding misfiring and almost dying completely? (The car that is not me!)

JBP

31 minutes ago, JBPRX400h said:

Does anyone know why there was a recall to replace the fuel pump in the tank?

Fuel pump failure leading to cut out of the engine whilst being driven which is seen as a safety issue, hence an official recall.

Owners would have been contacted if their vehicle was in-scope, but you can double check here:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/vehicle-recall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBPRX400h said:

Thanks Colin. I did check via that site and it came up as no recalls for our car.

However I found this on the US forum which sounds exactly like what happened to our car last week.

https://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/94700-my-fuel-pump-issue-~-rx-450h/

JBP

Just because your vehicle wasn't part of the recall it doesn't mean you couldn't have an unrelated one off fuel pump failure. If it got to the point where warning lights were displayed, and errors codes generated, then your dealer will hopefully have an idea on the cause and look to fix it - if you have had a Lexus dealer service in the last 12 months then you Relax warranty should be covering any issue related to the engine or fuel system.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links