Andre2000

Front Headlight blown on 400H

Hi can anyone advise on which bulb I need for the headlight on a 400H and If I need to change both (left and right)  or just the single blown one? I am not sure if I need a HID or not. Also are these easy to fit?

Thanks

Andre

My 2005 RX300 had xenons and yes, easy enough to get in and out.

If I remember correctly the passenger side is the easiest to get at so just take that one out to see what it is and then buy two of those. You don't have to replace both but it's best to do so because they do degrade over time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

also remember not to get your bare fingers on glass part of these bulbs as fine oil from fingers can cause deterioration. 

if you don't want to change them yourself i do know that Halfords do this for about probably a £10 fee + cost of bulbs

Malc

2 hours ago, Herbie said:

My 2005 RX300 had xenons

Pretty sure they're standard fit on the 400h too.

Best check the handbook Andrew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi 

Thanks for all your replies, It does take Xenons Hid D2S as per the handbook.. Although it seems fitting them involves taking out the light unit so I will get my Machanic to do this as you have to drop the bumper slightly. ( Unless someone knows of an easier way ) I’ll replace both especially since I cannot remove the existing bulb to check brand. It was a lot easier in the RX300 I used to have.

Cheers guys!! 

• Like 1

Had my bulbs changed.

Garage had to drop the bumper also.