Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm looking to get a Catloc fitted for my RX450 as there has been an increase in the Cat thefts in my area again with the CT200 and RX400H being targeted mainly. I have not heard many RX450H owners that have had theirs stolen but just want to be on the safe side so don't have to go through the hassles. 

My Lexus Dealer is quoting £391 fitted. 

Have any RX450H owners had it done? 

Thanks

To my knowledge there's no Catloc from Lexus for 3rd gen RX450h (according to their statement from before Covid where there was a lot of cats stolen and 3rd gen owners asked if one exists)

• 2 weeks later...

Let us know how you get on with it Ben because a few people have had them fitted (although admittedly not necessarily this particular type and maybe not even an RX) and found that they vibrate and make a lot of noise - so much so that one person had it taken off again.

On 2/18/2021 at 12:01 AM, Herbie said:

Let us know how you get on with it Ben because a few people have had them fitted (although admittedly not necessarily this particular type and maybe not even an RX) and found that they vibrate and make a lot of noise - so much so that one person had it taken off again.

Sorry I thought I replied earlier. 

Yes after I picked up the car and started driving I did notice a 'scraping' sound as soon as I accelerated. I immediately went back to the dealer and made them look at it again. The mechanic told me its very common as there a barely any space between the Cat and the Catloc and they have already mentioned this to the manufacturer to have it redesigned. I asked him to try and make any adjustments and he then took the car away to cut out a small 'triangle' hole on the Catloc presumably where vibrating Cat knocks on. This has made a huge difference and I now barely notice any sound when driving. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Kopper said:

Sorry I thought I replied earlier. 

Yes after I picked up the car and started driving I did notice a 'scraping' sound as soon as I accelerated. I immediately went back to the dealer and made them look at it again. The mechanic told me its very common as there a barely any space between the Cat and the Catloc and they have already mentioned this to the manufacturer to have it redesigned. I asked him to try and make any adjustments and he then took the car away to cut out a small 'triangle' hole on the Catloc presumably where vibrating Cat knocks on. This has made a huge difference and I now barely notice any sound when driving. 

I'm having one fitted to my RX450 next week by Lexus Leeds - - I'll mention your experience to them - (and attempt 'to stay one jump ahead'!)

Thanks for your feedback Ben

I fitted one today to my Gen3 450h. Gave it a quick test drive afterwards and all seems to be fine. Although it is a tight fit their was enough space around the cat that it should never touch the Catloc. It was a bit of a pig to fit, mainly because I was working on the floor on ramps and I'm well upholstered and am the wrong side of 60.

• Like 1
On 2/18/2021 at 12:01 AM, Herbie said:

I had the Lexus Catloc fitted to our RX450 this week at Lexus Leeds.

Cracking job, absolutely no alien noises or vibrations since fitting, and after the production of my Lexus Owners Club membership card, the cost was £350 (inc VAT).

(And I've had two neighbours lose their 'cats' in the last two weeks!)

I know that nothing can guarantee security these days, but at least I've done all I can*

(* although still not wired it up to the traction batteries! 🔌)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Illogan said:

I had the Lexus Catloc fitted to our RX450 this week at Lexus Leeds.

Cracking job, absolutely no alien noises or vibrations since fitting, and after the production of my Lexus Owners Club membership card, the cost was £350 (inc VAT).

(And I've had two neighbours lose their 'cats' in the last two weeks!)

I know that nothing can guarantee security these days, but at least I've done all I can*

(* although still not wired it up to the traction batteries! 🔌)

Have you checked that it is still there Dave ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Have you checked that it is still there Dave ?

Tee hee!  😁

Yes - - - (Phew!)

• Like 1