Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

9 minutes ago, jumbojake said:

where we need to find a connection ?

that's the wonder of this amazing Forum ........... all mindsets get the opportunity to express their idio(tic)syncracies ...........  just like Novax Jokeabitch would I guess if he were to buy a Lexus with his $154mn :wink3:

Malc

The Guardian reports that sales of petrol and diesel were DOWN 4.7% in December. How is that a panic? My local petrol prices haven't changed for weeks according to petrolprices.com. Presumably they don't want to cut prices but are struggling to find buyers.

Is it the same panic as empty shelves where you're encouraged to buy a more expensive alternative?

I bought some Esso super-unleaded because I read an article that claimed they didn't add ethanol. But the pump said, "E5". Peed-off about being conned, I just bought a few litres.

My car will take 95 octane fuel, but since the switch to E10, I tried super unleaded from Shell, and noticed it was definitely quieter, which is strange because in all the years I've owned it, I never noticed any difference before. Have they been "watering-down" 95 RON petrol for some time?

My understanding is that Esso E5 doesn't contain any ethanol, and that the labelling of E5 means "up to" 5%.

Copied from Esso website:

"Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps."

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:21 PM, Mr Vlad said:

That's why more and more folk are keeping their cars and not replacing them with newer models. As for servicing I don't think there's much difference. Negative depreciation? Mmmmm it's the car dealers taking the P**S pure and simple going alongside the hike in fuel prices. 

Thanks very much. That's good to hear.  I may stick to the Rx 's then. I like the power and handling etc. Take care

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, what most of us were expecting is now starting to happen. Articles are appearing in our press about organized theft of petrol. Like 20 cars in one street at night. Arrive at your car in the morning fuel cap open tank empty! One day the petrol in the car could be worth more than the car!

• Haha 1

I just filled up my Subaru, £86.39 V power Yikes, that must be the most expensive ever

This climate change is totalitarian bull, the only crisis is the one spoon fed to peoples brains by Governments - Social media getting used as a great tool for them. Shell and BP posting over 20Billion profit in recent reports

• Like 4

15 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Shell and BP posting over 20Billion profit in recent reports

well not quite correct .......... that's just for the last quarter :yahoo: .......  and they are being expected by the Govts to spend all of that and more on developing " Green Energy " supplies etc in the UK ??

Maybe a one-off Windfall Tax to help the aged and other hard-up population of this country to ( inter alia ) fill their cars with fuel is a good idea too ...... oh, that will just increase their profits again too :wink3:

( sic )   must be doing my Pension fund a power of good tho' 

Malc

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 6:44 PM, toffee_pie said:

I just filled up my Subaru, £86.39 V power Yikes, that must be the most expensive ever

This climate change is totalitarian bull, the only crisis is the one spoon fed to peoples brains by Governments - Social media getting used as a great tool for them. Shell and BP posting over 20Billion profit in recent reports

Filled my RX a couple pf days ago. £80!   😞 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I hear some petrol stations locally been running out of fuel as people rush to fill up because of the war in Ukraine. Over £1.50 a litre now for unleaded…😶

No cure for stupid. 

• Haha 1

I saw the queue at Sainsbury's Ripley yesterday with cars going around the loop to join at £1.44/1.47.

I assumed it was “panic buying” and later heard crude had reached “record levels”

I also heard the pump price had already been increased at some outlets due to profiteering!

Certainly got us over a barrel again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I saw the queue at Sainsbury's Ripley yesterday with cars going around the loop to join at £1.44/1.47.

I assumed it was “panic buying” and later heard crude had reached “record levels”

I also heard the pump price had already been increased at some outlets due to profiteering!

What wrong with people, even if fuel hits record levels what is the point rushing to get fuel, what are the actually trying to achieve as the fuel will still be expensive the next day or two weeks later.

14 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

😆

They most certainly have. A conspiracy theorist might argue this is all intended to push more people towards EVs, but I doubt that.

As others have said, the oil companies are making huge profits, and they could swallow some of these increases in the price of crude oil. Isn’t it funny - when something happens to push the price up it is passed on immediately. But when crude prices fall they say prices at the pumps need to stay high because they bought at the higher price. I wish I was an economist and could understand why that only works in one direction!

So, what is the saving per tank of 50 litres? 2 pounds? And that is a full tank, most people will be topping up as they are convinced it is needed so maybe 15 or 20 litres. what is the saving? below 1 pound????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

So, what is the saving per tank of 50 litres? 2 pounds? And that is a full tank, most people will be topping up as they are convinced it is needed so maybe 15 or 20 litres. what is the saving? below 1 pound????

To use a relevant - but old fashioned - North country saying;

”There’s nowt so queer as folk.” 

No point trying to understand this type of behaviour. Only those doing it can really know why.

Just passed a number of stations already closed - out of fuel! 

I am ashamed of people, there is no issue with fuel, but they have decided to create one.

When did people become so stupid? 

daily round trip to the hospital ( she's in with a broken hip having been blown over by the gale last Friday 😵 ) of 30 miles ...... and in her car was down to 22 miles left ....... so yes, I was one of those panic buying today at Tesco for E10 ( Honda Legend )............  the E5 for the Lexus can wait a little .....  I've probably got about 30 litres left in her now

Ho hum ......  there's a trifle more to concern humanity than fuel buying right now .......  it's how to chop Putin off at the knees .....  or a bullet in the head better methinks

sorry, just expressing a personal opinion on politics

Malc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Malc said:

daily round trip to the hospital ( she's in with a broken hip having been blown over by the gale last Friday 😵 ) of 30 miles ...... and in her car was down to 22 miles left ....... so yes, I was one of those panic buying today at Tesco for E10 ( Honda Legend )

I would not call that panic buying. Those just filling up their tanks because they might do 30 miles in the next week, should be ashamed, those filling cans should be shot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

😆

They most certainly have. A conspiracy theorist might argue this is all intended to push more people towards EVs, but I doubt that.

As others have said, the oil companies are making huge profits, and they could swallow some of these increases in the price of crude oil. Isn’t it funny - when something happens to push the price up it is passed on immediately. But when crude prices fall they say prices at the pumps need to stay high because they bought at the higher price. I wish I was an economist and could understand why that only works in one direction!

I think the conspiracy theories might be into something myself, I am the type of person with an unbiased opinion of everything, I always use my own sense to make judgements of what's going on and over the last few years I'm getting a lot of red flags

If you look at sales and revenue figures from pharmaceutical companies and automotive companies from say 2015 to 2025, my bet is that there is a sky high trajectory from around 2019 to the present time and over the next few years.. which is what we are seeing right now.

I don't think government's are filling us in on the finer details here, anyone who thinks that EVs are used for the environment couldn't be more wrong, but people are not having the same unbiased opinion as myself and are listening to mainstream media and governments, my suspicion is that government's have trillion dollar agreement's with auto manufacturers to roll out EVs for the 2030 UNECE sustainable development plan but it's not for the environment.. it's for Identity and control of people.

30 million EVs are forecast to be sold worldwide in 2030, so over next five years around 250 billion lithium batteries will be required, definitely not good for the environment, that's excluding all the fossil fuels required to charge these tens of millions of electronic cars or manufacturing of them. Note how I said electronic as that's key here, they will have long gone past the stage of having spark plugs and throttle bodies then.

Global blacklisting of perfectly normal and reliable combustion engine cars makes no sense, in the UK such cars contribute around 0.00003 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions, on the other hand 20 or so companies are responsible for over a third of greenhouse gas emissions but are untouchable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moleman said:

Just passed a number of stations already closed - out of fuel! 

I am ashamed of people, there is no issue with fuel, but they have decided to create one.

When did people become so stupid? 

Can't fix stupid

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

1 pound gets you a mars bar ..and crisps..

Oh wait it doesn't

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links