Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

I moan about many things on a daily basis; my neighbours, their dog, the weather, my wife, my daily struggle with anything electric/mechanical, the supermarket ran out of nutella, the bread is 3 days old, petrolprices, trafficjams And So On. 

I do know however that all this is completely trivial, not important and just useless dribble. I think i have now reached the age of wisdom and realize like many of us that it is all about health and family. No sickness in the family a roof over your head and some food in the fridge. Rest is pure luxury really. Sometimes you have to live through darkness to recognize the importance of things. 

A new completely unimportant moan. Only 1 bottle of red left ( John, Malbec) and after opening you discover it is off, cork!! Nooooo..

Never got round to opening the Malbec Bernard, but we did murder the Chateau neuf du Pape this time. Have a great 2022.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, PCM said:

... this year it's the Titanic. A steal at about £1,400!

I’m pretty sure that will be a riveting project but there again have this sinking feeling something will go wrong.

Part Number 2109 below

475875AA-9A23-4CA2-8451-11DE304C6A73.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Poundland!

Used to be simple. Walk round, throw things in basket, count items...10...cost...£10. Easy.

Popped in today to look for some cheap household stuff and could barely find anything for a pound. All sorts of prices up to around £14, but very little for a quid.

Should be made to change their name.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Poundland!

Used to be simple. Walk round, throw things in basket, count items...10...cost...£10. Easy.

Popped in today to look for some cheap household stuff and could barely find anything for a pound. All sorts of prices up to around £14, but very little for a quid.

Maybe  POUNDSLAND ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

Poundland!

Not surprising Bill, both The Range and B&m have shown astonishing growth with very little under a quid, couple that with huge increases in shipping costs from China don't suppose they had anyplace else to go. Although the dollar store in the USA is now 1.25 I believe 

• Like 1

I can understand that Phil, but it just means they're now no different to the shops you mentioned, as well as places like Wilkos and Home Bargains. I don't mind a justified price rise, but now they're more expensive than many other places.

I think I'm just annoyed because I went in there to pick up a mini box cutter because I lost the last one I had, but they don't seem to stock them anymore.

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Not surprising Bill, both The Range and B&m have shown astonishing growth with very little under a quid, couple that with huge increases in shipping costs from China don't suppose they had anyplace else to go. Although the dollar store in the USA is now 1.25 I believe 

1 x 40'container China Uk jan 2021 was USD 1000. 12 months later this is 18,000 USD. Good luck with poundland.

1 x 40'container China Uk jan 2021 was USD 1000. 12 months later this is 18,000 USD. Good luck with poundland.

Yes. I was about to say the same. No wonder prices are going up

1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

I can understand that Phil, but it just means they're now no different to the shops you mentioned, as well as places like Wilkos and Home Bargains. I don't mind a justified price rise, but now they're more expensive than many other places.

I think I'm just annoyed because I went in there to pick up a mini box cutter because I lost the last one I had, but they don't seem to stock them anymore.

You make a good point Bill, not only selling a similar product profile but undoubtedly from the same supplier so price becomes the only notable point of differentiation. Consolidation being the only eventual outcome. 

Today, I offer…the reduced quality of socks.

I’ve recently bought socks from M&S, J Sainsbury and TK Maxx…all develop holes after just a few weeks. This never used to happen. 

What is the world coming to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I’ve recently bought socks from M&S, J Sainsbury and TK Maxx…all develop holes after just a few weeks. This never used to happen. 

Have you thought of wearing them with shoes Ed? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Can I throw slippers into the ring too please? I have found the same thing with them. Two months use and they're falling to pieces. I bet this kind of shoddy manufacturing wouldn't be tolerated in North Korea...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

And pants.

( So... I bought some on eBay. New, Made in England. All seems fine. )

30 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Can I throw slippers into the ring too please? I have found the same thing with them. Two months use and they're falling to pieces. I bet this kind of shoddy manufacturing wouldn't be tolerated in North Korea...

Socks, and slippers even from 3 different companies all of a sudden going downhill. Hmmm a bit suspicious to me dont trust it, who is behind this and why i wonder?? Wait ill do my own research on the internet back soon.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Socks, and slippers even from 3 different companies all of a sudden going downhill. Hmmm a bit suspicious to me dont trust it, who is behind this and why i wonder?? Wait ill do my own research on the internet back soon.

Sounds like another global conspiracy to me. First covid, now socks and slippers. I hope the tin foil hat brigade aren’t reading this…

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Sounds like another global conspiracy to me. First covid, now socks and slippers. I hope the tin foil hat brigade aren’t reading this…

There is something which we are definitely not being told.

• Like 1

I found it guys! You have to see it to see it! Its a big Chinese invester working with a famous American company owner ( cannot mention names as you will understand this goes way beyond Government circles). They are working on a great reset of the global sock and slipper industry and will soon introduce new versions based on nano tech so the new elite will be able to follow us 24/24. Ill log off now someone knocking at the door!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Another moan. Todays studies/education. In my time the choices were relatively simple, Economy, Law, Medicine etc. If i now ask a youngster what they study i get answers i did not know existed; Immigration and Management, Tourism and Recreation, Sports and Leisure, Lifestyle Informatics and hang on the best one.. European Union Studies. Must be an age thing i guess..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Try HJ Hall, Hinckley, Leicestershire made quality durable socks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another moan. Todays studies/education. In my time the choices were relatively simple, Economy, Law, Medicine etc. If i now ask a youngster what they study i get answers i did not know existed; Immigration and Management, Tourism and Recreation, Sports and Leisure, Lifestyle Informatics and hang on the best one.. European Union Studies. Must be an age thing i guess..

Certainly is an age thing! In my day, you either went to private (or Public) school or the local Grammar school with exam selection - the ‘12 Plus’ (as was - later became the 11 Plus) in order to align with Common Entrance and studied the arts, classics and humanities with associated University degree afterwards, or you failed the 12 Plus exam and went to the Secondary Modern school to prepare for an apprenticeship after school (at 14/15/16 depending on the exact era). Believe maths and science were only really a focus at (what I think were called) Technical Colleges.

There were also Polytechnics for more ‘practical’ degrees.

The belief that ‘almost everybody should go to University’ is, in my opinion, one of the great mistakes of the last thirty years…

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links