Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

6 hours ago, Hillie said:

At the start of last week my dealer updated me and advised the Estimated Build Date had been changed to Dec (was November) and the new ETA at the dealership was shown as Feb 2023 (Was Jan).  I am still waiting for confirmation that the Car has gone into Build.    My order was placed May 15th 2022,  NX450H+ F-Sport Premium Plus.

Assuming the build will happen this month and the ETA of Feb 2023 is accurate I will ask the Dealership to delay registration till March and wait for the 23 plate.  After 10 months, an extra few weeks to grab the new plate will not make any difference and give me 6months of spring and summer driving to enjoy the car more.

Just had a quick chat over the phone with one of the sales executives from Gatwick. Long story short- 2 more months delay and probably I will have 23 plate too . Somewhere in April 2023 would be the pick up date. I am getting annoyed a bit,but on the other hand - I am teying to convince myself they will fix some teething problems,so I will benefit from it.  Who knows. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

BTW, I check the app every day,silly I know. Sometimes it doesn't load at all, sometimes it is just lagging a bit,but it always recognises my registration. 

Test drove F Sport Takumi 450 yesterday & was told delivery was May 23 if I placed my Order this week.

Lexus said to be concentrating on 450 production !

Tel

• Like 1

Ordered in Jan 22 a 350h premium pack. Frustration is signed the finance docs and paid kinto 2 weeks ago as car was ready for delivery from derby. Issue now is getting the car from derby to the dealer and then the dealer saying they need a week to turn it around but can't get a date. Wife got a mini in June and once it was ready for delivery at the factory we get a exact date  and got the car on that date.

To be honest, I am not very impressed by Lexus customers service and the whole experience. I have been  a MB owner for more than 6 years now , and their attitude and punctuality is greater than this - when they tell me they would call me on an exact date - they just do it. With Lexus Gatwick was completely different story. Yes, I got gap insurance and wheels/rims whatever insurance for free as a gift, but once I put my order, they stopped updating me or calling me for 3-4 months, despite they promised to do so every couple of weeks. I know this could be annoying just saying "hello" and  then "no news", but I didn`t expect to be abandoned. Then they had change of estimated delivery dates twice and I had to chase them up for this, not them to call me and keep me in the loop.

I am just a bit concerned for my future as a client and all the problems the car may have and how they will handle them if they act the same like now.

What are your thoughts about it? I would love to read some different view or opinion.

Kind regards

Dimi

26 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

What are your thoughts about it? I would love to read some different view or opinion.

I think it is difficult to compare a previous experience with now. Unless you are ordering a MB at the same time as a Lexus then the comparison cannot really be made when all manufacturers are production constrained with moving build dates, or unable to even give one, shipping cars with missing features etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I think it is difficult to compare a previous experience with now. Unless you are ordering a MB at the same time as a Lexus then the comparison cannot really be made when all manufacturers are production constrained with moving build dates, or unable to even give one, shipping cars with missing features etc.

I understand this. But the communication with MB is way smoother and easier. 

3 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

6 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

To put this in perspective, I have been a customer of Lexus since 2003 and purchased 11 new vehicles in that time. So you would think I would be a valued customer and they would look after me. Well, up to about 18 months ago they did. They were extremely helpful and went the last mile to sort out any problems I might have. In short, superb customer service. Now though, they never ring back when they say, have refused point blank to pay refuelling  costs for the recalls (120 mile round trip each time) and have yet to sort out a multitude of albeit small problems. This never happened in the past.

I ordered the RZ450 in May and despite many promises they never ring back with any update. As this is a 72k car, I'm tempted to cancel as there are a lot of cars out there with better range for a lower price and I doubt any worse customer service.  To be honest, I am losing faith in Lexus and it's probably time to jump ship. Perhaps it's me but I do expect better before everyone shoots me down!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Adams said:

To put this in perspective, I have been a customer of Lexus since 2003 and purchased 11 new vehicles in that time. So you would think I would be a valued customer and they would look after me. Well, up to about 18 months ago they did. They were extremely helpful and went the last mile to sort out any problems I might have. In short, superb customer service. Now though, they never ring back when they say, have refused point blank to pay refuelling  costs for the recalls (120 mile round trip each time) and have yet to sort out a multitude of albeit small problems. This never happened in the past.

I ordered the RZ450 in May and despite many promises they never ring back with any update. As this is a 72k car, I'm tempted to cancel as there are a lot of cars out there with better range for a lower price and I doubt any worse customer service.  To be honest, I am losing faith in Lexus and it's probably time to jump ship. Perhaps it's me but I do expect better before everyone shoots me down!

You should have a shrine with your picture on, in every dealership, lol 🙂

Sorry to hear about the experience you got recently.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Not fair to say Lexus standards are now poor, had a number of Lexus cars over the past 20 years and the dealer has again been good with the purchase of my 350h FSport.   Ordered in Jan 22, original estimate was end Aug to mid Sep and car arrived in Nov 22 - kept updated throughout this period.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FSPORT3 said:

Not fair to say Lexus standards are now poor, had a number of Lexus cars over the past 20 years and the dealer has again been good with the purchase of my 350h FSport.   Ordered in Jan 22, original estimate was end Aug to mid Sep and car arrived in Nov 22 - kept updated throughout this period.  

It might be dealer specific, but my dealer standards are poor compared to previous.

Just now, John Adams said:

It might be dealer specific, but my dealer standards are poor compared to previous.

It is not just the dealer, Lexus UK / LFS also good with this purchase.

4 minutes ago, FSPORT3 said:

It is not just the dealer, Lexus UK / LFS also good with this purchase.

I'm please you've had that experience. But I can only report on my findings over the last 18 months compared to the last 20 years.

41 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Methinks John, that you are overdue a meet with your Dealer Principal to give him a piece of your mind. Do let us all know how you get on John as Dealerships operating on a top down baisis cannot afford to lose a Gold Nugget such as you.👍👍

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Methinks John, that you are overdue a meet with your Dealer Principal to give him a piece of your mind. Do let us all know how you get on John as Dealerships operating on a top down baisis cannot afford to lose a Gold Nugget such as you.👍👍

Well I've been called many things in my time but never a Gold Nugget!!!.

I did speak to a senior person on Saturday but not the principle but I will soon. To be honest I got nowhere and I think I'm getting to old now to bother. I was particularly peeved to be told that it's not Lexus UK policy to pay petrol for a recall. This is absolute nonsense as on many occasions they have compensated for unscheduled recalls most notably the old IS 250 dash rattle where they looked after me very well. But the least they have done is fill the tank and wash the car.

The problem with this dealer is the high turnover of staff in recent months meaning the people I knew well have now left and the new ones seem to lack interest in building a relationship. I know one guy  has gone to MB. Might give him a call and look at some Mercs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

John, All be it. I am at the other end of the country. I have dealt with a car dealer in Edinburgh for several years. Buying three MB’s, five BMW’s and a Lexus LC500 Convertible...

I change my cars often. Dealing with a dealer more than 500 miles away. Hasn’t been a problem… 

I agree that communication from Lexus about the RZ450 is very poor… As you say for a £72k car. They should be in very regular contact…! Irrespective of the delays in cars being manufactured and delivered… 

I have ordered a new BMW iX1 from my local BMW dealer. I am advised it should arrive in May 2023. When I email or ring them. I get a quick reply… 

I will probably ask for my RZ deposit back in the New Year… 

I was thinking about buying a UX300e but have decided to buy a new Renault Megane E-Tech Launch Edition which I will get in early January…

I have bought a new VW Caddy 5 WAV for my wife, which is currently being converted. Dealing with this company has been brilliant compared to Lexus…!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

John, All be it. I am at the other end of the country. I have dealt with a car dealer in Edinburgh for several years. Buying three MB’s, five BMW’s and a Lexus LC500 Convertible...

I change my cars often. Dealing with a dealer more than 500 miles away. Hasn’t been a problem… 

I agree that communication from Lexus about the RZ450 is very poor… As you say for a £72k car. They should be in very regular contact…! Irrespective of the delays in cars being manufactured and delivered… 

I have ordered a new BMW iX1 from my local BMW dealer. I am advised it should arrive in May 2023. When I email or ring them. I get a quick reply… 

I will probably ask for my RZ deposit back in the New Year… 

I was thinking about buying a UX300e but have decided to buy a new Renault Megane E-Tech Launch Edition which I will get in early January…

I have bought a new VW Caddy 5 WAV for my wife, which is currently being converted. Dealing with this company has been brilliant compared to Lexus…!

Hi Kevin

As I have said, I've never had a problem except in the last 18 months. I was with Toyota since 1976 and never had a problem and then moved to Lexus in 2003 but have only ever used 2 Lexus dealerships. I'm getting to the stage where I don't want to go and find a new dealer but may have to.

A neighbour of mine swears by BMW and buys new every 18 months or so. He knows the dealer principle and has passed my name to him. He rang and we had a good chat and I might go and see what they can offer.  I don't even know who the principle is at Lexus let alone ever spoken to him. As it is only 10 miles away it is more convenient that a 120 mile trip to Lexus. I'm still reluctant to move from Lexus but we shall see. The iX1 looks tempting!

With regards to the UX300e I would be tempted because the new upgrade is good. But the downer with me is they are still sticking with Chademo which is a backward step.

anyway

All the best

John

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mitadoc said:

To be honest, I am not very impressed by Lexus customers service and the whole experience. I have been  a MB owner for more than 6 years now , and their attitude and punctuality is greater than this - when they tell me they would call me on an exact date - they just do it. With Lexus Gatwick was completely different story. Yes, I got gap insurance and wheels/rims whatever insurance for free as a gift, but once I put my order, they stopped updating me or calling me for 3-4 months, despite they promised to do so every couple of weeks. I know this could be annoying just saying "hello" and  then "no news", but I didn`t expect to be abandoned. Then they had change of estimated delivery dates twice and I had to chase them up for this, not them to call me and keep me in the loop.

I am just a bit concerned for my future as a client and all the problems the car may have and how they will handle them if they act the same like now.

Kind regards

Dimi

Sounds to me as though you are comparing dealers though and not the customer service from the 2 marques whom the dealers represent.

I’ve never had a problem with my Lexus dealer and I can tell you that our local MB dealer is the exact opposite, almost to the point of the sales manager we saw there 5 years ago being extremely rude to us as prospective customers since, in his eyes, we couldn’t afford the car we wanted to view because of the way we were dressed. He put every obstacle in our way until we left the showroom. He then saw us get into our 3 year old Range Rover and came out of the showroom trying to flag us down. I didn’t stop!

Our local Lexus dealer, who we visited directly after the MB experience, was extremely courteous. We were given the keys to an RX and told to bring it back after 2-3 hours. We placed an order and we’re kept fully informed regarding the delivery schedule from week to week.

OK, that was 5 years ago but I swore never to walk into that MB showroom again and have never done so. When we wanted to change the RX we went straight to Lexus. The sales guy we dealt with the previous time had retired but the new guy we saw was just as courteous and once again gave us the keys to the NX450 demonstrator to try. Once we placed the order we were given 3 weekly updates regarding the latest delivery schedule. The car arrived 6 weeks later than originally told but we knew it was going to be late weeks in advance of the original estimated date from the regular updates we had.

My point is the bad customer experiences are from dealerships. It doesn’t matter which brand of car you purchase, some will be good and some not so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Hi Kevin

As I have said, I've never had a problem except in the last 18 months. I was with Toyota since 1976 and never had a problem and then moved to Lexus in 2003 but have only ever used 2 Lexus dealerships. I'm getting to the stage where I don't want to go and find a new dealer but may have to.

A neighbour of mine swears by BMW and buys new every 18 months or so. He knows the dealer principle and has passed my name to him. He rang and we had a good chat and I might go and see what they can offer.  I don't even know who the principle is at Lexus let alone ever spoken to him. As it is only 10 miles away it is more convenient that a 120 mile trip to Lexus. I'm still reluctant to move from Lexus but we shall see. The iX1 looks tempting!

With regards to the UX300e I would be tempted because the new upgrade is good. But the downer with me is they are still sticking with Chademo which is a backward step.

anyway

All the best

John

If I had the need for a bigger BMW. I would buy an iX3… This review would convince me to buy one…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAXRAQLLz6g

Cheers

Kevin

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

If I had the need for a bigger BMW. I would buy an iX3… This review would convince me to buy one…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAXRAQLLz6g

Cheers

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, hadn't seen this video. I think I need to have a few test drives to see how I get on. 

We are unable to wait until Q3/4 of 2023 for an RZ450e, so we have ordered an Electrified Genesis GV70. Customer service via the Genesis PA and test drive agent has been fantastic  so far. Delivery is around April 23 for our specification but if you are not fussy then they have cars available in around 2 weeks. 

6 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Kind regards

Dimi

I was in Gatwick a few days ago and they have three V6 engined RXs in the show room ready to go..... 

I have had good experience with Gatwick, will DM you.

Paul

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Sounds to me as though you are comparing dealers though and not the customer service from the 2 marques whom the dealers represent.

I’ve never had a problem with my Lexus dealer and I can tell you that our local MB dealer is the exact opposite, almost to the point of the sales manager we saw there 5 years ago being extremely rude to us as prospective customers since, in his eyes, we couldn’t afford the car we wanted to view because of the way we were dressed. He put every obstacle in our way until we left the showroom. He then saw us get into our 3 year old Range Rover and came out of the showroom trying to flag us down. I didn’t stop!

Our local Lexus dealer, who we visited directly after the MB experience, was extremely courteous. We were given the keys to an RX and told to bring it back after 2-3 hours. We placed an order and we’re kept fully informed regarding the delivery schedule from week to week.

OK, that was 5 years ago but I swore never to walk into that MB showroom again and have never done so. When we wanted to change the RX we went straight to Lexus. The sales guy we dealt with the previous time had retired but the new guy we saw was just as courteous and once again gave us the keys to the NX450 demonstrator to try. Once we placed the order we were given 3 weekly updates regarding the latest delivery schedule. The car arrived 6 weeks later than originally told but we knew it was going to be late weeks in advance of the original estimated date from the regular updates we had.

My point is the bad customer experiences are from dealerships. It doesn’t matter which brand of car you purchase, some will be good and some not so.

An interesting post Paul. Reminds me of an incident I experienced nearly twenty years ago. I was in Exeter with my business partner looking at some commercial property that was for sale. After looking at the property we decided to call into the Ferrari dealer to look at what used Ferrari’s they had for sale. We both had in interest in buying a used Ferrari. 

When we walked into their showroom there were two sales guys sat at their desks tapping away on their computer keyboards. We were both wearing jeans and I had an Indian Queens Half Marathon tee shirt on. We both had trainers on… 

I parked my Overfinch Range Rover with my plate KSW1 in the parking area adjacent to their showroom. After about five minutes of walking around on our own. I quietly said to my business partner… 

“Mike, I am going to count to twenty, and if neither of these two effing guys come over to speak to us. We are out of here…!” 

I counted slowly to twenty and we both then left…

I have never had any interest in owning a Ferrari since then… I have had several different makes of similar cars…   

As you say Paul. It doesn’t matter which brand of car. It’s the customer experience that matters…!

I will never forget my visit to the Ferrari dealership…

• Like 3

My bad experience was with an Audi dealership. They were more interested in watching football on TV than attending to customers. I won't say that I will never but an Audi in future, but I will never ever buy from that dealer, even though it was 20 years ago! Good reputations are hard to win but very easily lost.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links