Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ex F-Pace owner. New NX300h owner saying hi.

Bigscreen

Enjoy your new ride.  You have exchanged a car with more oomph for one that is more reliable and better built, arguably more important in driving conditions today.  I prefer the size and shape of the NX to the 3rd and 4th generation RX having had a loaner for a day to compare, 

• Like 1

Hi Phil and welcome to Lexus ownership and the best Lexus forum there is. Wow from a F-pace to NX. Apart from the jag being too big for the missus what made you go for the NX? Good to know you're 'loving ' it so far but as stated above the longer you have it the more you will actually love it. Look in the NX section of the forum where you'll find All the info you could ever want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Phil and welcome to Lexus ownership and the best Lexus forum there is. Wow from a F-pace to NX. Apart from the jag being too big for the missus what made you go for the NX? Good to know you're 'loving ' it so far but as stated above the longer you have it the more you will actually love it. Look in the NX section of the forum where you'll find All the info you could ever want. 

Thanks for the welcomes and I agree, the NX is really growing on me more and more - Despite only owning it for a matter of days. Mr Vlad, I have tried many premium brands over the years and Lexus went under the radar somehow, that was until I visited a Lexus showroom and experienced customer service like no other, they really did appreciate my custom (Unlike the competition who mostly came across, apart from one or two exceptions, as hard sell or simply disinterested box shifters). The NX is a solid, good looking car, its comfortable too and I can really see why people buy into the brand. Yes for sure I will miss the 296bhp and the mighty 516lb ft of torque of the F Pace but I am already adapting my driving style required of the NX. Its a more 'homely' place to be in and feels a lot more nimble on the road. Not only that, it does indeed feel much better put together and in the long term will surely prove to be much more reliable. 

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to LOC, it is a great online forum!

@Mr Vlad was 1st to ask but I would have the same question - is only the size of the F-Pace that made you change the car? 🙂

Totally different two cars, it took me a while to get adjusted from BMW and a diesel torque but now I love the gearbox, how smooth the car is and so far the reliability! 

Merry Christmas and enjoy your new car!

• Like 1

Thanks again. Yes I’d like a visit to Japan, factory tours are especially interesting. It was purely the size that forced the change, served me right for not sharing the F Pace test drive! My F Pace was white with black and red seats too, so the NX is just a smaller twin. I’m a sucker for that colour combo. If I had seen the NX first I’d probably had bought it but having had a Jaguar XFS prior, the F Pace seemed a natural progression. I have to admit, the NX does seem a little more manageable, especially down tiny small single track lanes but the downside is less boot space - A compromise I’m happy to live with. The F Pace was a firmer ride, especially with its 22” rims and you could chuck it into corners with confidence. The NX on the other hand is a bit more refined, quieter and more comfortable. Chalk and cheese really. Merry Christmas!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links