Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone selling isf?

There is some funny action around the base of the steering wheel as well - looks like the blue patch from later LSD cars has been rattle can sprayed on or something?  Still, the gear shifter and steering wheel are minor cosmetic things that can be sorted easily.  The car overall looks clean and well cared for, and, depending on your preferences, has some tidy performance upgrades thrown in....

1 hour ago, Grey One said:

There is some funny action around the base of the steering wheel as well - looks like the blue patch from later LSD cars has been rattle can sprayed on or something?  Still, the gear shifter and steering wheel are minor cosmetic things that can be sorted easily.  The car overall looks clean and well cared for, and, depending on your preferences, has some tidy performance upgrades thrown in....

Good spot, I think it has been re-trimmed on the cheap to some degree as there is also a faded 12 o'clock stripe.

May be just me, but too many boy racer additions to me. 

Imitation steering wheel, wrong gear knob, no original wheels, missing front number plate plinth etc

I wouldn't waste my time viewing.

I would be suspect that the technical aspects of the car may not have be maintained as meticulous as I would expect by someone who had ( In my opinion!) a very dubious taste for questionable modifications on this type of car!

• Haha 1

I’m contemplating selling mine, I’m not using it very much, being relocated to central London, have a daily estate that’ll be sitting on the driveway too, two cars going nowhere, mine is a bit of a uni corn, it has a bespoke SS cat back exhaust, GSF manifolds, lems air intake AND taxes at pre 2001 rates, I’ve had it 7 years, think it’s 8 years in May…….. has 71k with full history…….. BUT I’m not 100% convinced if I’m honest 🤔

12 hours ago, Womble72 said:

I’m contemplating selling mine, I’m not using it very much, being relocated to central London, have a daily estate that’ll be sitting on the driveway too, two cars going nowhere, mine is a bit of a uni corn, it has a bespoke SS cat back exhaust, GSF manifolds, lems air intake AND taxes at pre 2001 rates, I’ve had it 7 years, think it’s 8 years in May…….. has 71k with full history…….. BUT I’m not 100% convinced if I’m honest 🤔

why does it tax as pre 2001?

14 hours ago, Womble72 said:

I have messaged you mate, sounds very good!

On 2/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, Womble72 said:

Was a channel island car (Jersey) and the emissions section wasn’t filled in on the paperwork 

Mine is the same 2004 model year but taxed on engine size not emissions

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 1:43 PM, PRT68 said:

May be just me, but too many boy racer additions to me.

I wouldn't really call them boy racer mods, he's replaced the gear knob with one more to his taste and had the steering wheel retrimmed like a '11 car, both common mods in the ISF community.

Granted it's two downsides to most buyers but both can be "fixed" if a new owner wanted to, a used ISF gear knob is dirt cheap as so many people replace them (personally I replaced mine with the solid metal knob from the IS200 sport, much better and should have been the factory option on a performance IS) or they could just put a regular IS/GS one on as you can't tell the difference unless within 2 feet anyway, and a (better) wheel retrim is hardly bank breaking.

The rest of the additions are big plus points as it shows the previous owner has obviously spent money on the car as they paid to import a premium exhaust system from the top ISF tuning company on the planet and also paid £4k+ for a premium set of wheels that are highly popular for the ISF.

In fact thinking about it, if a buyer didn't like the additions they could just eBay the wheels and use the money to buy a set of ISF rims, a new steering knob/wheel and have money left over for fuel ^^

10 hours ago, ubersonic said:

I wouldn't really call them boy racer mods, he's replaced the gear knob with one more to his taste and had the steering wheel retrimmed like a '11 car, both common mods in the ISF community.

Granted it's two downsides to most buyers but both can be "fixed" if a new owner wanted to, a used ISF gear knob is dirt cheap as so many people replace them (personally I replaced mine with the solid metal knob from the IS200 sport, much better and should have been the factory option on a performance IS) or they could just put a regular IS/GS one on as you can't tell the difference unless within 2 feet anyway, and a (better) wheel retrim is hardly bank breaking.

The rest of the additions are big plus points as it shows the previous owner has obviously spent money on the car as they paid to import a premium exhaust system from the top ISF tuning company on the planet and also paid £4k+ for a premium set of wheels that are highly popular for the ISF.

In fact thinking about it, if a buyer didn't like the additions they could just eBay the wheels and use the money to buy a set of ISF rims, a new steering knob/wheel and have money left over for fuel ^^

As previously posted by me also, unless anyone on here has actually seen this car in the metal, and driven/looked it over, I think there is a good chance this may be okay.  I have seen some ISF's with truly awful mods, this one seems to have had either minor ones done, or good ones.  Suggest if the potential buyer is serious, he (or she) at least invests half a day driving over and giving this a look at.

It is a sellers' market at the moment, that may not last, but it is the situation for the time being, so things like this as worth looking at IMO.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:22 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Is it absolute dog then? 😉  I see white and immediately like it... (I do like other colour cars too!) 😛

erm... young lad, works at Asda, thats all I will say.....

On 2/13/2022 at 11:08 PM, Womble72 said:

If you’re looking for a nice ISF this is the one to go for. Seen it a fair few times at meets and it’s stunning, owner is a true enthusiast too. Added benefits are the much lower tax and a sunroof.

• Like 1

In the case of the F cars, you'd have to see it in person and make a judgement that way if it's the right one for you. Even if you don't buy it, at least you've had a trip out. As long as the service history is decent. Check if the waterpump has ever been done as well as the radiator, if not, factor them into the budget as well as the front lower control arm bushes. 

I was 23 when I purchased my ISF back in 2019 and I've looked after it a lot better than the previous owner who had a Sugar Honey Ice Tea paint job done on the alloys.

Echoing a previous post on the white one, a lot of the mods are reversible/changeable if you don't like them, the alloys are expensive items and could be sold to fund a set of OEM ISF alloy's. Could even find GSF or RCF alloys

If the budget is stretchable, the Mesa Red one currently on auto trader looks very tasty 👀

I'd just do a full HPI check to make sure the history of the car is clean and ask if he still has the original parts (if not what happened to them?). And then just the usual service history, checking for damage/issues and a test drive should tell you whether the car is good.

Not gonna lie though the thought of touching that steering wheel makes my skin crawl. Was alcantara ever an option on an ISF?

3 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

I'd just do a full HPI check to make sure the history of the car is clean and ask if he still has the original parts (if not what happened to them?). And then just the usual service history, checking for damage/issues and a test drive should tell you whether the car is good.

Not gonna lie though the thought of touching that steering wheel makes my skin crawl. Was alcantara ever an option on an ISF?

Think alcantara was available in the USA……not known any here with it tbh

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links