Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Resigned Today!

TheDon

HE HE i had the best day today, handed in my letter of resignation to my company today after a few days off sick due to a toenail removal. the time made me realise that its not a good thing working a 60+ hour week.

They let me leave work there and then! no need to work my notice.

Altho i also just was given a new position with another company as a Jr contract manager for 40% more money! sweet as hell, dont have to start till the 19th.

so i shall be spending the coming week down at the golf course, and polishing my car on full pay. hehehehehe.

So if anyone is bored give me a shout, lol

You are allowed to 'opt out' of the legislation.

It is meant to prevent companies forcing you to work the hours, but you can if you choose to.

There are also some industries that the law doesn't apply to. Aircraft Engineering was one, but I think they are changing that soon...?

I used to work 11 hours a day.

However, I use the term 'work' very loosely - I used to work on a helpdesk for a games company which provided servers for users to connect on.

My 'work' basically involved me sitting on my **** all day, getting paid to play games to 'load test' our servers and as the company was part of BT, I had access to a 10mb pipe so I could download stuff all day and all night! :D

I believe that the EU are trying to force rule changes again so that there is no 'opt out' option.

So much for having a run of our own lives. First they moan that no one gets off their **** to work, then they stop you doing too much!! Just cos policitians don't like working more than 20 hours a week for more than half the year!

well the strange thing is it was a french company!

i did over 60hrs of unpaid overtime last month.

and i never opted out of the 48hr week. but if they dont pay me my money this month a constructive dismissal case will be launched!

I opted out of the working time stuff, for three months last year we were averaging nearly 100 hours a week every week - I was proper knackered!

Average about 50-60 odd now - used to do it all unpaid but realised they were taking the ***** and the company pay the OT when I put it in so sod it - pays for my mods!

It's not so much the hours that annoy, more the 4am wake up's to get to the airport for the 6am redeye flight! :yawn: Fortunetely these days I can work from home sometimes, so working longer isn't so much of a problem - as the commute at night involves shutting the door in my home office and going downstairs to the kitchen! :)

Guest mark_tsang
It's not so much the hours that annoy, more the 4am wake up's to get to the airport for the 6am redeye flight! :yawn:     Fortunetely these days I can work from home sometimes, so working longer isn't so much of a problem - as the commute at night involves shutting the door in my home office and going downstairs to the kitchen!  :)

before christmas i was working night shift part time 10pm -7am 3 night a wk & was also working in family business 2/3 times a wk & on top of that doing 2 part time course at college. now thats hard work.

we could arange a lakeside meet if you want, make it in may maybe, on a hot sunny day!

I still feel realy good about the look on my bosses face when i gave him the letter. he sent me a personal email yesterday apologising for getting ****** off, turns out he was jelous. He had been bringing in a letter of resignation every week for 5 months and has never had the bottle to hand it in! i feel sorry for him realy. He has a 4 month old child who crys when she sees him coz she doesnt know who he is, now that is truely a sad thing. I dont see the point in letting work ruin your life

I spent a little over 9 years working in the city doing from 10 to 18 hour days 5 to 6 days a week. ;) ;)

But no more, I also spent a while buying property and renting it out on the side. That turned out to be more trouble than its worth. At the start of this year I sold everything and bought 1 house outright.

Changed to a local job, something that dos'nt have me on call 24/7, and for the moment, I'm taking it easy. :D :D

Good on ya chris.

Take it easy for a while, its not worth it...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links