Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which company do you use for Breakdown Cover? Just trying to find reliable cover at a fair price for my daughter and family. They have one car, not a Lexus, which is less than 12 months old. I've always had AA or RAC cover as I'm not keen on the third party involvement when using something like Green Flag but am interested in your views and experiences. (I have RAC cover as I can use Tesco Vouchers which are increased in value x3 through the Tesco Deals programme. Tesco points earned on purchases using my Tesco credit card which are exchanged for vouchers). Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Which company do you use for Breakdown Cover? Just trying to find reliable cover at a fair price for my daughter and family. They have one car, not a Lexus, which is less than 12 months old. I've always had AA or RAC cover as I'm not keen on the third party involvement when using something like Green Flag but am interested in your views and experiences. (I have RAC cover as I can use Tesco Vouchers which are increased in value x3 through the Tesco Deals programme. Tesco points earned on purchases using my Tesco credit card which are exchanged for vouchers). Thanks.

I had Green Flag for several years and it was fine.

Last ten years or so I pay NFU a wee bit more and they chuck in RAC, which has also been fine. See if the Ins Co do an add on, that could be a way to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RAC for the last 55 years BUT hardly ever needed them .............  especially now with a Lexus  ( for 22 years )

usually just a flat tyre .....  always been excellent on callout

Malc

• Thanks 1

I use and still continue to use Lexus' cover, added the Mrs when she had her Audi. Now she has an NX, she has cover of her own. Ironically the only time I have used the cover was when out driving my other cars 😆 and even used it when out in a friends car. I have only ever used AA as a service before owning a Lexus, but that was a discounted policy that came as part of my job benefits.

• Like 1

Be aware of the AA unless things have changed.

They don’t provide recovery after an accident regardless of fault and will not recover your car and passengers if the only driver is incapacitated.

I once suffered a broken right foot whilst on holiday in the Dominican Republic and after being provided with excellent travel insurance healthcare arrived back at Manchester airport with a plastered leg.

Rang the AA who at the time were my bank’s provider to be told no they don’t provide this service leaving me stranded at the airport!

Now with the RAC who provide both these services.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread, but because of some real life experience of Green Flag this afternoon - and it wasn’t good!

I met my Sister this afternoon, with both of us driving to a meeting point. When we came to leave we noticed her car had a totally flat rear tyre - something had cut it and it was beyond redemption. She gets Green Flag (2016 CR-V) through her bank account.

Well…

First off, the Green Flag telephone lines were down, due to a ‘technical fault.’ The only way to contact them was through their app…but with little signal where we were, that was problematic.

With patience, it did manage to load and we did manage to book a call out…but, you then needed to call in order to confirm! Absolutely ludicrous, and obviously not possible with their telephone lines ‘unavailable’ (more of that in a minute).

With more patience we managed to contact them via e-mail. They did respond promptly…asking for us to call them! They were not aware their own telephone lines were unavailable. Oh dear.

Eventually, via e-mail they confirmed a wait time of 2-4 hours due to ‘exceptional demand.’ So, we gave up and a friend came with a space saver sourced from the local Honda dealer (well done them) and sorted it that way.

You only find out how good these guys are when you need them. Based on this afternoon I could not recommend Green Flag, that’s for sure!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i use lexus breakdown through the AA and it will cover another vehicle that is at the same address as you,

i think i paid £125 for a years cover so technically for 2 vehicles, also your the insured party not the car so if

your in a friends car that broke down you'd be covered aswell.

Prior to getting the included AA cover with the extended warranty, I previously used GEM for several years.  I called them out several times,  mainly for flat batteries, once when I needed a loader to take the car to the garage. They were always fairly prompt and efficient, and reasonably priced.

Also, always worth checking if the manufacturer offers breakdown cover, as this often includes European cover, which can be an expensive add on these days.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links