Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My first Lexus.

GabrielVice

Hello everybody. I just purchased my first Lexus, a nice 2007 SE model, 108k miles on the clock. I had a budget of £3-3500. I paid £3 for the car, visually looks great, in and out ( I will add photos soon), black with beige interior. 

Mechanically I dont know what to expect. I will definitley do oils and filters, but I m expecting a bit more as it had it s last service 20.000 miles ago. Unfortunately I do not excel in mechanics and have no friends with knowledge around me (I m from Romania originally so sorry for misspellings). I will take it to a service next week for a full check, I think it s the best thing to do. I am from Cheshire, Congleton. if anyone is from around and knows a good and reliable service, highly appreciated. I heard some services can rip you off, so need to be careful what service I choose.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GabrielVice said:

Hello everybody. I just purchased my first Lexus, a nice 2007 SE model, 108k miles on the clock. I had a budget of £3-3500. I paid £3 for the car, visually looks great, in and out ( I will add photos soon), black with beige interior. 

Mechanically I dont know what to expect. I will definitley do oils and filters, but I m expecting a bit more as it had it s last service 20.000 miles ago. Unfortunately I do not excel in mechanics and have no friends with knowledge around me (I m from Romania originally so sorry for misspellings). I will take it to a service next week for a full check, I think it s the best thing to do. I am from Cheshire, Congleton. if anyone is from around and knows a good and reliable service, highly appreciated. I heard some services can rip you off, so need to be careful what service I choose.

Welcome  Gabriel and congratulations upon buying your first Lexus.

Send us some photographs of it when you can and tell us why you wanted a Lexus and what you have been driving before you bought it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Vicentiu and welcome to Lexus ownership and the best Lexus forum there is. Which model do you have and do you know it's service history? Since you're in Congleton I would recommend contacting Lexus Stockport. Get them to do an inspection and a service and ask about a curtesy car. It may cost a bit more than an independent garage but they'll do a trusted thorough job. I use them on my is250 and I know they're thorough. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 5:01 AM, GabrielVice said:

I just wondered if your Lexus came with a Manual?  They’re very detailed and many of the questions you will have will be answered in them.  Unfortunately, although the Lexus website (lexus.co.uk) has a good support facility, the Manuals only go back as far as 2012 models.  

If you don’t have one with the car it’s possible that the Lexus dealer can get a digital copy for you.  Using the Lexus dealer already recommended is definitely sound advice - certainly for the first inspection.  There will always be somewhere that can do it cheaper, but Lexus - and Honda - are regularly to be found at the top of the Customer Satisfaction Surveys.

Something else worth checking - if you haven’t yet done so - is the vehicle’’s MOT history.  It will flag up any past failures or Advisories.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

All the best with it.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 11:08 AM, LenT said:

I just wondered if your Lexus came with a Manual?  They’re very detailed and many of the questions you will have will be answered in them.  Unfortunately, although the Lexus website (lexus.co.uk) has a good support facility, the Manuals only go back as far as 2012 models.  

If you don’t have one with the car it’s possible that the Lexus dealer can get a digital copy for you.  Using the Lexus dealer already recommended is definitely sound advice - certainly for the first inspection.  There will always be somewhere that can do it cheaper, but Lexus - and Honda - are regularly to be found at the top of the Customer Satisfaction Surveys.

Something else worth checking - if you haven’t yet done so - is the vehicle’’s MOT history.  It will flag up any past failures or Advisories.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

All the best with it.

HI. Sorry for replying so late, been really busy this week. Yes, it came with with both manuas the normal one, and one dedicated to navigation. I did the MOT check online, has a few issues (mainly rust advisory, but I had a look when I went to pick up the car and it's surface rust as far as I can see. 

I want to get a full inspection, but didn't thought about main dealer. Now I will definitley going to take it to main dealer for the first inspection, but unfortunately that's going to be at the end of the month. I will post here an update after I do that. 

Thanks for your advices.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:25 AM, royoftherovers said:

Welcome  Gabriel and congratulations upon buying your first Lexus.

Send us some photographs of it when you can and tell us why you wanted a Lexus and what you have been driving before you bought it.

Hi. Well, it's a bit of a long story, but interesting. I worked in Romania's luxury car wash (only Ferrari, Lambo's, Rolls Royce, elite cars) for 5 years, and the owner had about 15 Mercedes, and about 10 other brands, but NO Lexus. One day he was walking through the car park with our manager, looks at a Lexus in the car park and tell the manager this exact words:" See that Lexus? That will bury 5 Mercedes S classes (as in reliability, engine...)... that coming from a guy with 15 mercs in his garage. And during the years I got in love with japanese automotive. Before I owned a Hyundai I20, 12 plate, but sold it 2 years ago as didn't need it anymore. Now, when I decided to get a car again, I've set some standars for myself. I wanted comfort, the peace of mind that I can overtake more than push bikes :)))), reliability all in a budget of 3.5-4k. I am aware that some parts may be a bit more expensive than some other brands, but it's a Lexus, you only change once 🙂

279217905_487881179802400_6699209433651472258_n.jpg

279163065_665159611214829_4417787006654658157_n.jpg

279220933_308395281314308_7642369816523626132_n.jpg

279065694_410494227288803_1844078330279969227_n.jpg

279109946_239776588353964_92711641344774452_n.jpg

279255791_481979613615033_8729655675953104469_n.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GabrielVice said:

Hi. Well, it's a bit of a long story, but interesting. I worked in Romania's luxury car wash (only Ferrari, Lambo's, Rolls Royce, elite cars) for 5 years, and the owner had about 15 Mercedes, and about 10 other brands, but NO Lexus. One day he was walking through the car park with our manager, looks at a Lexus in the car park and tell the manager this exact words:" See that Lexus? That will bury 5 Mercedes S classes (as in reliability, engine...)... that coming from a guy with 15 mercs in his garage. And during the years I got in love with japanese automotive. Before I owned a Hyundai I20, 12 plate, but sold it 2 years ago as didn't need it anymore. Now, when I decided to get a car again, I've set some standars for myself. I wanted comfort, the peace of mind that I can overtake more than push bikes :)))), reliability all in a budget of 3.5-4k. I am aware that some parts may be a bit more expensive than some other brands, but it's a Lexus, you only change once 🙂

279217905_487881179802400_6699209433651472258_n.jpg

279163065_665159611214829_4417787006654658157_n.jpg

279220933_308395281314308_7642369816523626132_n.jpg

279065694_410494227288803_1844078330279969227_n.jpg

279109946_239776588353964_92711641344774452_n.jpg

279255791_481979613615033_8729655675953104469_n.jpg

That`s a great story Vince and grateful thanks for the photos. It looks to be in good condition and I expect it to prove to be reliable for you.

Please contribute when you can on the Forum.

• Like 1

Hi Vicentiu and congratulations on your purchase. It is always nice to see someone else with a MK3 GS450H. I bought mine last December after nearly one year search. I paid more than you but in Ireland they are rare especially in high specs and more expensive. I am sure that you will enjoy it as I do.

On 5/7/2022 at 6:35 PM, GabrielVice said:

but it's a Lexus, you only change once

aha, I think you're probably totally wrong there ......  if you keep it long enough, and by golly it will last you forever methinks ......  when you've changed much of the non-perishable, say suspension stuff first time around at say 150k miles ...  you will be changing them again at 300k milkes ......  then when you've done 450k miles you might want a change of model .. but nonetheless another Lexus :wink3:

Malc

Oh yeah, definitely you’ll change again… but parts that need changing after 100k+ miles, are considered (by me and only me) as parts that I only change once. If I change them again in 3-5 years, no probs. But I couldn’t bear to change shock absorbers every 6 months. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links