Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Has anyone got the red interior?

Is it a novelty and then it becomes bright and harsh?  or do you like it?

I am thinking about that and yes it looks very smart but I do wonder on day to day driving, will it become too loud and in your face?

Absolutely love it. Never looks grubby and, in my opinion, lifts the cabin ambiance. 
I’ve ordered the red interior again on my soon to be delivered NX F Sport.

I will admit though to being a hater of black interiors

• Like 3

I think red interior looks garish and tacky, irrespective of outer colour.

We have a Mesa Red RX with Ivory and Noble Brown interior and that combo looks really classy IMHO, of course.

• Like 3

First three Lexus were black interior, current and last two red interior and same is true for new one at sea. 

Exteriors have been various Lexus versions of silver, blue and black. 

• Like 1

I've had a look at some pictures online and saw two kinds of red, a bright one and a darker one. The bright one is a tad loud for me,  but I guess I'd take the darker red over black at a push. It's all about personal taste though, and I tend to prefer lighter interiors and have pale grey in mine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

I've had a look at some pictures online and saw two kinds of red, a bright one and a darker one. ....

I don't know if the colours in question correspond, perhaps by other names, to "Dark Rose" and the lighter "Flare Red".  The former was the standard red in the 2016 RC300h F-Sport and was replaced by the latter in the 2019 facelift.  Given that the black cloth roof lining and the black principal plastic surfaces remained unchanged, the lightening of the shade of red had the effect of livening up the cabin somewhat, and I immediately liked the change.  Whether the change was necessary is of course open to debate, but I imagine Lexus based it on customer surveys.  Tastes differ, but I find red leather is generally well suited to "silver"-bodied cars as exemplified by Lexus' "Sonic Titanium". 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sybaris said:

Is it a novelty and then it becomes bright and harsh?  or do you like it?

I had a bright red interior in my GS and found it somewhat of a novelty at first but that it became unnoticeable over time, not harsh. When I actually stepped back and noticed it I liked the fact that it was different to all the normal black interiors.

If I had a choice at the time I wouldn't have chosen red, as I didn't purchase new and there were no others available there wasn't a choice, but I didn't regret it once purchased.

The RX is a little different, but the red is much darker which probably suits the vehicle better (unless you are looking at the F Sport).

• Like 1

Its the flare red and in bright light it is quite "in your face" but in darker light it looks better.  Maybe because it is unusual I kinda like it but prefer the black interior, but there aren't too many of them about.  There is a grey but to me that is the complete opposite, its almost camouflaged into the interior.  I guess when you are driving you don't really notice the seat and I am not sitting in the back but looking at the back seat it reminds me of a bouncy castle.

An advantage of the red leather trim, be it Dark Rose or Flare Red, is its ability to resist discolouration from wear better than grey or beige.  Admittedly this, in my experience, is to  some extent due to F-Sport seats, which I have only ever had in red, being less prone to vertical and lateral pressure, and therefore creasing, especially in the bolster area, because of the flatter padding and stitching configuration.  I also suspect attempts to re-touch areas of the leather should the need arise would be easier with red than grey or beige, which are virtually impossible to colour-match.

• Like 1

Both my RCs came "not black", something I feel Lexus do better than others

The_interior_of_Lexus_RC300h_F_SPORT_prototype.thumb.JPG.eafb5eb09caca5f810af0ab0b403ef49.JPG

2040446842_redrc.thumb.jpg.23ffa354521c15ee7f076f4837ebad7a.jpg

My Mercedes I had retrimmed in red from the very drab black it came with from the factory.

cclass.thumb.JPG.7b752db3a0e245ed1151a7b72f15fbe0.JPG

Definitely a fan of a non-black interior!

• Like 2

Your photos are not showing Peter.

I must admit, having had a black interior once, I wouldn't go back to it. Makes it far too dark and dismal, which is why I like the Ivory/Beige colours.

• Like 2

It really is what the owner prefers.  Personally, I prefer the darker red interior but have to go a very l--on--n--g way back to the MG Magnette ZB  I had which although a 'Varitone' version was bought with an all 'Birch Grey' exterior (which I resprayed blue), and had almost maroon seats.

Light interiors need a bit more cleaning but I prefer them.  Don't like black seats  although I have had a few over the years. 

The canny purchaser my also take into consideration what colour might be most favoured/less well liked in two ,three or whenever years when a buyer is sought, assuming trends don't change significantly. 

• Like 2

I'm in the light interior camp/anything but black camp. I've had light interiors in my last two cars (most of my previous interiors have been black, out of neccesity/lack of alternative, rather than choice). My current RX has the Ivory and Noble Brown combination:

image.thumb.png.03804f4a8453a5171c40a0a89ac5c475.png

Prior to that, I had a Jaguar XF with ivory leather:

image.thumb.png.14e336e1455c78a799e6f5c9dc674dab.png

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links