Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

there is a 64k limit to images.. might be a good idea to place your photo in gallery and then link to it. If you like I can upload the pic for you... Send your photos to Steve@teamlexus.co.uk

Thanks for all the kind words guyes!! So you don't think us SUVers drive buses!

Seems like a lot if IS200 owners here, I was thining about one for my next company car, good idea??? Views from the unbiast forum members welcome....

JAE is a bit far from Edinburgh but we'll see, the only RX may be a bit special!

yuummm, ive always liked them too..if I was ever to go for a car like that it would def be the lex! Always wanted cream leather too but I know my kids would mutilate it!! :tumble:

My bro has just spent 50K on the merc one despite my pleadings of him to go for the lex, I cant slate it but it's all down to taste I suppose....

Ive got some...

& he hasnt......hehehehehehe :lol:

Enjoy your lovely new car, there's nothing quite like the first few months of getting a new motor....peeping out of the window at night....the other half asking you what your thinking about.....happily going to the shops for them when they have forgotten to buy milk & of course the classic of acting agitated when you get home 2 hours late saying what a nighmare the traffic was when really youve taken a 100mile detour home! :tumble::lol::yes::tumble::tumble:

Good luck

Vic,

Tell him nicely but your bro has made a big mistake! (in my opinion of course). We tested the M Class and it was awful. Bone jiggling hard suspension, poor and cheap build quality (yanks!) and generally not worth the money. They always get poor reviews and the worst thing.... they are everywhere on the road. Passing an RX is an event, whereas the M Classes are lined up out side every school in Edinburgh dropping off the kids! Germany a common 0 Japan an exclusive 1. :lol::lol::lol:

John, you have made my wife very jealous, she has always hinted after an RX, but I'm just not into all-roaders.

Hope you have an excellent onership experience.

Stick a review of your RX and Edinburgh dealership in reviews.

If you can't make JAE you can always come to the Scottish meet................................................that's once I've got round to organising it! :rolleyes:

Looks good, enjoy it. I got mine in Feb 2001 in same colour but with black leather. It still gives me a great feeling to drive it.

There still seem to be very few about. Mercs and the BMW X5 seem very common in comparison.

Hope you keep it looking good. In the last two weeks I have had a small crease put in one door and a deep scratch (from a handbag I suspect). Bloody annoying. Why didnt it happen to my previous car rather than this one!

• 2 weeks later...

You guys with the RX's, how do you find the petrol consumption? That's probably the only thing that would put me off it as it's a very nice car - recently drove one at the Scottish Lexus Open Day near Edinburgh.

I get 23-24 regularly and 19-20 when towing.

It works out at £50 for a tank but if you pay quickly it doesnt hurt too much.

And the joy of driving makes it worthwhile anyway. The BMW and Merc are no better so you may as well have the best! :lol:

Originally posted by keywest

I get 23-24 regularly and 19-20 when towing.

It works out at £50 for a tank but if you pay quickly it doesnt hurt too much.

And the joy of driving makes it worthwhile anyway. The BMW and Merc are no better so you may as well have the best! :lol:

True!:smilegrin:

Ok if you want diesel but when I checked the extra mpg didn't seem that great and diesel is more expensive.

I have considered looking in to LPG conversions but am concerned how this would affect the Lexus warranty and whether the benefits are really there.

A doughnut tank could replace the spare wheel but are emergency inflator aerosols effective when you get a quarter inch tear hitting a pothole (as happened to me!)

I am told it will cost £2,000ish which at 12,000 miles a year means a long pay back period even at 37p per litre. Does the LPG need an additional service? Soooooo many questions!!!:?::?:

Some months ago I asked LOC if anyone had any expereince of LPG conversions and NotoriousRev gave a serious thumbs down view.

Perhaps this should ahve been a new topic really!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links