Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Roadside Assistance - clearing up some confusion

wharfhouse

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

No, Maurice, I think it more appropriate to ask that question of the DEALER as one of the two Principal Parties setting up the Arrangement.

Perhaps you could do that ?

Sorry John, have I missed something?

I asked Gaurav if he asked this question when he was on the phone to them and he provided a useful response to the question which helps all of us understand the terms of the product better.

Confused!!!

This product is not purchased from the dealer but by the individual directly.

1 minute ago, Moleman said:

Sorry John, have I missed something?

I asked Gaurav if he asked this question when he was on the phone to them and he provided a useful response to the question which helps all of us understand the terms of the product better.

Confused!!!

This product is not purchased from the dealer but by the individual directly.

I`ll finish my lunch and return to this later! My Kingdom for a Pork Pie !!

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I do not think that is quite right.

The owner of the car buys the warranty and the warranty has the L.R.A. riding tandem. If the new owner of the car does not buy and pay for the warranty there is no L.R.A riding tandem, is there ?

John, I think you are confusing the Extended Warranty or the initial 3 year warranty with the separate LRA. If you car is between 3 to 10 years old you cannot purchase an extended warranty. You have warranty via Lexus relax and you can purchase LRA.

Hope that helps.

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I do not think that is quite right.

The owner of the car buys the warranty and the warranty has the L.R.A. riding tandem. If the new owner of the car does not buy and pay for the warranty there is no L.R.A riding tandem, is there ?

That is what I thought, but the person on the phone said what I explained. To be honest, does not make sense to me too.

Just now, Gaurav Bhandari said:

That is what I thought, but the person on the phone said what I explained. To be honest, does not make sense to me too.

Agree that LRS should be able to transfer. This is not a warranty.

Two different products but no reason why a transfer could not be made. The price is the same and fixed no matter what Lexus car is covered.

Does not make sense you cannot move your personal cover to another Lexus.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Agree that LRS should be able to transfer. This is not a warranty.

Two different products but no reason why a transfer could not be made. The price is the same and fixed no matter what Lexus car is covered.

Does not make sense you cannot move your personal cover to another Lexus.

I don't think LRA is personal cover like you would have with the AA etc. directly - you are arranging with LRA for the car and so the car is the entity covered - I assume the AA will have set the fees with Lexus for their services based on reliability. The cover is then extended to any driver of the car and the registered driver and spouse in any other car. If one purchases a new Lexus it will have LRA for 3 years and if one purchases a used Lexus from a Lexus dealer AFAIK it has LRA for one year and so in both those cases no need to transfer the LRA. I'm not defending the T&Cs but just commenting on how they are maybe being applied. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

I don't think LRA is personal cover like you would have with the AA etc. directly - you are arranging with LRA for the car and so the car is the entity covered - I assume the AA will have set the fees with Lexus for their services based on reliability. The cover is then extended to any driver of the car and the registered driver and spouse in any other car. If one purchases a new Lexus it will have LRA for 3 years and if one purchases a used Lexus from a Lexus dealer AFAIK it has LRA for one year and so in both those cases no need to transfer the LRA. I'm not defending the T&Cs but just commenting on how they are maybe being applied. 

Good point.

48 minutes ago, Moleman said:

John, I think you are confusing the Extended Warranty or the initial 3 year warranty with the separate LRA. If you car is between 3 to 10 years old you cannot purchase an extended warranty. You have warranty via Lexus relax and you can purchase LRA.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Maurice. Yes, it does indeed help.

I came into this conversation to report my conversation with L.R.A. (AA).

I have a ten Year plus Warranty with Lexus, arranged with my local Lexus Dealership and which includes L.R.A., ostensibly at no cost. All of my comments have related to this Warranty.

It now seems that others have access to L.R.A. directly at their own cost.

The term L.R.A is therefore available in 3 guises -under the manufacturers warranty for 3 years it is free. It is not available free of charge under the Relax Warranty, but owners can purchase it directly by contacting AA directly. And under the 10 year plus warranty where again it is free.

I am only able to contribute in respect of the L.R.A. as it relates to me and I`m sorry if I have confused or upset anyone.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It is not available free of charge under the Relax Warranty, but owners can purchase it directly by contacting AA directly.

Or just purchase online from Lexus (it's all the same in the end) but I prefer to deal with what is Lexus branded, ( if that makes sense!) despite being a member of the AA for over 40yrs previously...

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Or just purchase online from Lexus (it's all the same in the end) but I prefer to deal with what is Lexus branded, if that makes sense!

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance

The product purchased through Lexus and through the AA are, I believe, different products (in terms of the benefits on offer) - not sure the AA offers the same level of cover / benefits as per the Lexus web page referenced here or for the same price. Of course, if the AA product bought through the AA directly better meets ones needs then certainly go for that or if the LRA offer suits better go that route - horses for courses. 

4 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

The product purchased through Lexus and through the AA are, I believe, different products (in terms of the benefits on offer) - not sure the AA offers the same level of cover / benefits as per the Lexus web page referenced here or for the same price. Of course, if the AA product bought through the AA directly better meets ones needs then certainly go for that or if the LRA offer suits better go that route - horses for courses. 

As far as I can see price for price the Lexus product via the Lexus web page is much better than that available directly from the AA.

A Lexus benefit as such.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moleman said:

As far as I can see price for price the Lexus product via the Lexus web page is much better than that available directly from the AA.

A Lexus benefit as such.

That's what I thought but I guess it depends on whether one can take advantage of all that's included in the Lexus package.

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

My comment  "being all the same in the end " was regarding the actual supplier of the roadside service. The 'service' I'm buying is branded Lexus and it's Lexus I would be approaching regarding any concerns etc appertaining to the roadside service. The AA are great at the spannering but not sure about the customer service etc.. Bit like buying a TV from John Lewis instead of from Currys. One just know one gets better service from JL. That said I just purchased screen wash from my dealership and was given 30% discount without comment. 👍

Despite being a'loyal AA member' (their words) for 40+yrs they wouldn't entertain any price reduction on my continuing subscription, wouldn't suspend my subscription for the duration of my Lexus new car warranty etc..

The Lexus pricing is far more appealing for the cover offered, no way could the AA match that like for like.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I've made it sticky.

Members get upset when we do this so will see how it goes.

Thanks Colin.It can be a focal point which members can refer to and new memebers should be able to find easily.

43 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

I've made it sticky.

Members get upset when we do this so will see how it goes.

3 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

My comment  "being all the same in the end " was regarding the actual supplier of the roadside service. The 'service' I'm buying is branded Lexus and it's Lexus I would be approaching regarding any concerns etc appertaining to the roadside service. The AA are great at the spannering but not sure about the customer service etc.. Bit like buying a TV from John Lewis instead of from Currys. One just know one gets better service from JL. That said I just purchased screen wash from my dealership and was given 30% discount without comment. 👍

Despite being a'loyal AA member' (their words) for 40+yrs they wouldn't entertain any price reduction on my continuing subscription, wouldn't suspend my subscription for the duration of my Lexus new car warranty etc..

The Lexus pricing is far more appealing for the cover offered, no way could the AA match that like for like.

It is very sad that an organisation such as the AA is unable to recognise its long standing and loyal members. In this however, they are not alone. Leadership and responsibility begin at the summit.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

OK - thanks - understand your comment now - interesting that the AA had no room for negotiation given your long standing relationship with them. 

• 7 months later...

Have any members used LRA recently.

I noticed pink fluid on and running down the centre of the front bumper of my 2007 RX400h

I lifted the bonnet and found more fluid had pooled on top of the lower radiator.

It had a slightly oily feel, but it didn't smell like ATP.

Unsure of exactly what this was and where it was leaking from, I called LRA at 18.00

I was informed that the earliest an engineer could get to me was 20.10

Not great, but bearable.

20 minutes later I got a text message that it was now going to be 22.10.

I rang LRA and asked why the big jump in 20 minutes, she replied that they were very busy with other breakdowns.

The engineer finally arrived around 22.20.

He was great, identified the fluid as lubricating oil added to aircon, not ATF as I first thought.

At least now it was drivable, the aircon can get fixed at a later date.

I was very surprised when I received a feedback text the next day.

I doubt very much if they will follow up on my scathing comments and low score, but I gave the engineer a glowing review.

I remember not that long ago when most breakdown services could get to you within the hour.

It was always my understanding that Lexus LRA was a premium service, but appears to be just another AA breakdown in the queue.

Any other members had a similar experience..

Needless to say, I won't be renewing LRA later this year when it expires

6 hours ago, Ridgeback said:

Have any members used LRA recently.

I noticed pink fluid on and running down the centre of the front bumper of my 2007 RX400h

I lifted the bonnet and found more fluid had pooled on top of the lower radiator.

It had a slightly oily feel, but it didn't smell like ATP.

Unsure of exactly what this was and where it was leaking from, I called LRA at 18.00

I was informed that the earliest an engineer could get to me was 20.10

Not great, but bearable.

20 minutes later I got a text message that it was now going to be 22.10.

I rang LRA and asked why the big jump in 20 minutes, she replied that they were very busy with other breakdowns.

The engineer finally arrived around 22.20.

He was great, identified the fluid as lubricating oil added to aircon, not ATF as I first thought.

At least now it was drivable, the aircon can get fixed at a later date.

I was very surprised when I received a feedback text the next day.

I doubt very much if they will follow up on my scathing comments and low score, but I gave the engineer a glowing review.

I remember not that long ago when most breakdown services could get to you within the hour.

It was always my understanding that Lexus LRA was a premium service, but appears to be just another AA breakdown in the queue.

Any other members had a similar experience..

Needless to say, I won't be renewing LRA later this year when it expires

Yes, LRA is delivered by the AA. Other car manufacturers do the same with a relationship with one of the main breakdown companies (Audi for example use the AA but brand it their own). In my experience if you want the same cover as the LRA offers (full UK, two people, any car, and European cover) then getting this through Lexus LRA it is significantly cheaper than going to the AA (or anyone else). If you only need a limited part of the LRA cover (there is no choice with LRA to pick and choose) then going to one of the breakdown companies direct may be cheaper. 

Just done mine with Start Rescue (3 star policy) which doesn't include European cover but seems pretty comprehensive for what I want and at £31.70 and a Which recommended rating, well certainly less than the £155 LRA invitation which has gone in the bin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eric skerritt said:

Just done mine with Start Rescue (3 star policy) which doesn't include European cover but seems pretty comprehensive for what I want and at £31.70 and a Which recommended rating, well certainly less than the £155 LRA invitation which has gone in the bin.

Yes, that's the difficulty comparing apples with oranges- just compared Start Rescue for my needs, which is myself and my spouse driving any car (we have two cars between us and occasionally drive other cars in the family) with full UK breakdown cover (3* on the Start Rescue chart), and that is £126.73 with Start Rescue and does not include European Cover which would be anything from an additional £44.00 for one day to £365 for 31 days.

Hence for my needs the LRA (at £155) is by far the best value for money (putting to one side whether one is happy with it being delivered by the AA or not). But for a single person with one car to worry about and only needing UK cover then the LRA would be very expensive in comparison to the cover you have with Start Rescue at £31.70.

• 2 months later...

My personal experience of LRA is 100% negative. It may be ok for a breakdown but for a road accident they are worse than useless. 

My is250 is being written off. When I phoned LRA the representative basically couldn't give a rats ***** and offered Langton recovery and at my cost. Not impressed. 

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

My personal experience of LRA is 100% negative. It may be ok for a breakdown but for a road accident they are worse than useless. 

My is250 is being written off. When I phoned LRA the representative basically couldn't give a rats ***** and offered Langton recovery and at my cost. Not impressed. 

Yes, unfortunately it's whatever the AA policy is on that. I am not really sure where drivers stand with accidents and breakdown companies. My daughters car was involved in an accident that left it undrivable (bent suspension). Called the breakdown cover and they said unless it's drivable (for example after they do a roadside repair) they do not assist, had to contact the insurance company (fortunately it was during the day) and they arranged collection. In another case I had someone run into the back of a trailer on my car. The car was drivable but the trailer was not towable. Again contacted my breakdown company (not LRA, another car) and had the same story, they could organise recovery but I would have to pay for that. I was able to contact my insurance company though who then organised moving the trailer to storage. When my Lexus was involved in an accident I contacted the Lexus assist and they did flatbed my car to Lexus for repair free of charge though.

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Vladimir - You're right inasmuch as the LRA (AA) cover is 'breakdown' - not 'collision', cover.

Any collision cover would be under your vehicle insurance policy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links